Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

For those of you that hadn't worked it out, the whole point of this totally over-the-top account was to point out a few things:

- the new scheme is what it is. Get used to it, accept it, or move on. Stop whining.

- no-one except you really cares about your level - enjoy the perks, have a great holiday, and move on.

- a commercial model which rewards people who pay more than those who pay less and expect the moon on a stick ... well, who'd have thought it possible. It's not as if private companies are about profits or anything, is it? Get used to it.

- showing off your future cruises or your past cruises is like wearing speedos (or budgie smugglers) in public: it's pure self-aggrandisement, you think you're impressing people, but they're secretly sneering at you. Suck it up.

Nothing I posted was true. All of it was to make these points. Enjoy the cruise. Anything else is a bonus.

I'll still carry on posting under my regular account. See you there :)

You violated the guidelines and basic ethics and then you come back and admit it and brag about it? IMO you are no better than those that you complain about. I would have had more respect for you if you would have just posted what you thought under you real name, because your points are valid. Of course you probably do not care about whether anyone respects you.

For those of you that hadn't worked it out, the whole point of this totally over-the-top account was to point out a few things:

- the new scheme is what it is. Get used to it, accept it, or move on. Stop whining.

- no-one except you really cares about your level - enjoy the perks, have a great holiday, and move on.

- a commercial model which rewards people who pay more than those who pay less and expect the moon on a stick ... well, who'd have thought it possible. It's not as if private companies are about profits or anything, is it? Get used to it.

- showing off your future cruises or your past cruises is like wearing speedos (or budgie smugglers) in public: it's pure self-aggrandisement, you think you're impressing people, but they're secretly sneering at you. Suck it up.

Nothing I posted was true. All of it was to make these points. Enjoy the cruise. Anything else is a bonus.

I'll still carry on posting under my regular account. See you there :)

It took me until your second post to figure out what was going on.

Guess I'm getting old! :o

But post #4 made me wonder if aren't that "awful pianist" ? Sounds like his sense of humor. Just sayin.....

I came to this thread because I was so frustrated with the website flashing and that hasn't changed. :mad:

I hadn't intended any further replies, but I agree I need to be clear: my last post was not aimed at you at all, but rather at those who are 36-pages worth of whines about a system which is going to happen.

If that was unclear then hopefully this clarifies the position. Apologies.

Am I missing something? The site is called Cruise Critic, right?

Hopefully they are now updating the member benefits pages. The Elite page now says it cannot be found. Maybe we will see something soon. Hope springs eternal! ;)

Let's hope they are fixing the web-site. They put out a Press Release with links to a web-site that doesn't even work.

Good thing the ships are not run like this or no one would even care about a Loyalty Program.

Let's hope they are fixing the web-site. They put out a Press Release with links to a web-site that doesn't even work.

Good thing the ships are not run like this or no one would even care about a Loyalty Program.

In typical Celebrity fashion, they issue the Press Release 10:24am..and the Captains Club Section on the website with the details does not work!!!! Id like to know where the management is in this process??? very embarrassing Celebrity and RCL!

In typical Celebrity fashion, they issue the Press Release 10:24am..and the Captains Club Section on the website with the details does not work!!!! Id like to know where the management is in this process??? very embarrassing Celebrity and RCL!

http://www.rclinvestor.com/mobile.view?c=103045&v=203&d=1&id=1879791

New points info

Isn't this new? I thought the upgrades previously only applied to Inside and Oceanview. This is very nice to get an A2 to A1 or C2 to C1.

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Suites are excluded. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to Exciting Deals, ChoiceAir® specials, Reduced Air, interline, travel agent, Travelzoo, and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings or Reunion Cruises. Upgrades available from categories 11-A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

Isn't this new? I thought the upgrades previously only applied to Inside and Oceanview. This is very nice to get an A2 to A1 or C2 to C1.

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Suites are excluded. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to Exciting Deals, ChoiceAir® specials, Reduced Air, interline, travel agent, Travelzoo, and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings or Reunion Cruises. Upgrades available from categories 11-A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

Yes, this is new and it's a benefit from Classic Members on up.

Best use is probably doing an on-board booking where you get an OBC which is combinable with one other offer. This would be the other offer.....unless I'm misinterpreting it.

Hmmm, the website is working just fine for me and I did it with Google Chrome.

Some nice perks added to the different levels.

Nice new benefit.

Now if I could only find an A1 I'd rather have than my nice quiet A2. ;)

Right now you earn credits translatable across both lines... does that continue???? i have an azamara coming soon?

Points earned on one cruise line do NOT transfer to any other line. Only your status is recognized.

Here is the reciprocity chart:

The following program levels are equivalent for loyalty program recognition purposes:

Celebrity's Captain's Club....... Azamara LeClub Voyage......... Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society

Preview.............................. Preview

Classic.............................. . Adventurer

Select................................ Explorer................................. Platinum

Elite.................................. Discoverer.............................. Diamond

Elite Plus............................ Discoverer Plus

Zenith............................... Discoverer Platinum

Edited by bob278

It is rare that I have come across a company with a worse IT department than Celebrity, but I just did with Azamara. Perhaps they share the same battalion of incompetents ;)

I can't understand why Royal Caribbean's web site is so much better than the company's "higher-end" lines.

Points earned on one cruise line do NOT transfer to any other line. Only your status is recognized.

Here is the reciprocity chart:

The following program levels are equivalent for loyalty program recognition purposes:

Celebrity's Captain's Club....... Azamara LeClub Voyage......... Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society

Preview.............................. Preview

Classic.............................. . Adventurer

Select................................ Explorer................................. Platinum

Elite.................................. Discoverer.............................. Diamond

Elite Plus............................ Discoverer Plus

Zenith............................... Discoverer Platinum

The Celebrity and Azamara clubs are combined--they even use the same member number. Details are given the Terms and Conditions page.

Just scanned over the new benefits. Looks like Elite stayed the same, they added a few to Elite+, but where I think they did a great job is for the Zenith, great new perks for them. Hopefully some day, I'll get there, but at my age I don't know. LOL!

Totally agree! Now, all I need to do is take 9 cruises, 14 nights each, and stay in the Penthouse Suite to reach Zenith level!!! :D:D

They were. There also was a free wine tasting event. I don't remember if there was anything else or not, but the list was a lot longer.

Someone on Facebook complained about losing benefits too. Celebrity's answer was that none of the benefits we had before have changed--the website will be updated later! :rolleyes: Are we surprised? NOOOOOO!:D