Hong Kong - Customs and Airport

Seattitude

I'm hoping someone can tell me if they have had experience disembarking in Hong Kong. Our ship has an arrival time of 7AM on Mon March 17th. We have a 1:15 flight back to the states. I know that is a bit tight and that's why I need some advice. I have called HAL but get different answers as to when and how many shuttles they have going to the airport. I am also considering the Airport Express at the Kowloon MTR Station. We will be dragging a lot of luggage so the less hassel the better. It would also help to know what customs is like in Hong Kong. We have been disembarking at other ports where people have missed flights because customs is so slow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

There are two cruise terminals in Hong Kong, the old Ocean Terminal and the new Kai Tak Cruise Terminal.

The old one is a few blocks from the Kowloon MTR Airport Express station. The new terminal is across town.

Do you know which one you will debarking from?

Also you need to clear immigration again at the airport and in my experience there are about 4-6 North American bound jumbos leaving at about the same time as yours.

There are two cruise terminals in Hong Kong, the old Ocean Terminal and the new Kai Tak Cruise Terminal.

The old one is a few blocks from the Kowloon MTR Airport Express station. The new terminal is across town.

Do you know which one you will debarking from?

Also you need to clear immigration again at the airport and in my experience there are about 4-6 North American bound jumbos leaving at about the same time as yours.

Went to oceanterminal.com.hk and it shows us arriving at 7AM on March 17.

If you decide to take the Kowloon mtr express check to see if they will check you in for your airline(online website). They do a number of airlines and take the luggage there so no stress when heading to the airport except for your hand pieces.

This year early in the morning it was very quick in hk for immigration. They have separate lines for local and over sea residents so reduces your wait.

If you are at ocean terminal the cab to Kowloon mtr will be 10 minutes and make sure you have local cash to pay.

I have ended cruises in Hong Kong and the disembarkation process including customs is relatively quick.

If it was me, I would take a taxi to the airport or arrange for a vehicle.

Keith

Thanks, Any idea of what a taxi would cost?