how to know how many ships in port the same day?

aquariusnik

None of the sites are 100% accurate.

But I like cruisetimetables the best.

Same here.

To me I think they are 99% accurate. Ships tend to schedule their ports about 2 years ahead. I am no expert but I would think that would change only for weather conditions, any malfunction on the ship or in very extreme situations, safety on the port for the passengers.

Hi-

I don't know what port you're leaving from, but if it's Ft. Lauderdale's Port Everglades, I can recommend this site: http://www.porteverglades.net. Go to About Us; on the second row of icons, select Ship Schedule.

Two weeks before the trip leaves, the port publishes the pier number. After leaving from Port Everglades so many times, we've gotten to know where are all the piers are, so we know what to expect (more or less) for parking availability and traffic.

- Diana, http://musingaboutcruising.blogspot.com.

Each port will have a website that lists the ships scheduled to arrive and depart that port. Please note that the schedule may change due to weather, itinerary changes required by shipping companies, and other factors.

Usually a government agency or a company with a contract, will run a city's port. And somewhere there will be words to the effect that this is the official ship's schedule.