Don't See the Big Deal about Elite+

CruisingChick

I'm the camp that says "meh" to the Elite + benefits, but I also like the existing Elite benefits, so fine with this new program. But with 1 or two cruises to get to "plus" I don't have much incentive to hurry.

The only thing I can think of is that they might separate Elite and Elite + on a cruise with large crowds, i.e. give one group the lounge and the other the voucher...but imagine the screaming then!:D (and there would be screaming in both camps!:eek: )

I admit to being one of the ones that was hoping for more, specifically with the beverage package discount. Mostly because the very nice/not important to me additional laundry/internet/ coffee perks don't help me...and it's all about me, right?;)

Andrew

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I'm the camp that says "meh" to the Elite + benefits, but I also like the existing Elite benefits, so fine with this new program. But with 1 or two cruises to get to "plus" I don't have much incentive to hurry.

The only thing I can think of is that they might separate Elite and Elite + on a cruise with large crowds, i.e. give one group the lounge and the other the voucher...but imagine the screaming then!:D (and there would be screaming in both camps!:eek: )

I admit to being one of the ones that was hoping for more, specifically with the beverage package discount. Mostly because the very nice/not important to me additional laundry/internet/ coffee perks don't help me...and it's all about me, right?;)

Andrew

Hi Andrew, that would almost be funny to watch.

I agree, we had hoped discounts would have been much better - at least 25%.

I'd be really interested to know what level of benefits will get rolled out to suite passengers.

It used to be all the Elite perks, plus some others likew internet time an laundry. I wonder if it will stay at Elite or go to + or Zenith? Hopefully, it will become clear fairly quickly.

Many Elites were adamant about making it more difficult for some to reach the top tiers and that is exactly what Celebrity did. They listened to those Elite passengers and granted them their wish. It seems that they wanted it to become more difficult for others, but when it affects them, it is wrong. Hmmmm!

Ain't it the truth!

I am disappointed in the change only because I was going to become Elite on my next cruise (February) and it was already booked and paid for, but now it will take many more to reach that status. Just wish they had recognized that I was actually there. The benefits don't really matter, it was just the recognition. Very disappointed. I know that I am an exception but still, disappointing!

On another thread it was mentioned that priority tender tickets have vanished.... :eek:

That was a nice benefit when one needed it.

Spoke with a Captain's Club rep named Jim today. He said that there is no intention of anyone losing any of the old Elite benefits, including priority tendering. He also stated that with all of the changes, there could be some inadvertent omission on the web site. We should stay tined and seed what "corrections' are mad on the web site.

We currently have 690 points. So we have at least 2 cruises to go before we make Elite+. What will I be missing on my next trip-not much. I have a complimentary drink package so all the coffee drinks are included. The current laundry benefit is much appreciated and enough for us even on 14 day cruises. The big addition for us is the extra internet time. We'll probably spend an extra $50 on internet next cruise. So as far as I can tell being a lowly Elite will only cost me $50. What have we all been obsessing about for months?

I'm 67 so my chances of reaching 100 cruises are slim to none so making the journey to Pinnacle more difficult means nothing to me.

The one category upgrade being moved up to Aqua class is a very nice benefit for all CC members and I will definitely eat my complimentary gelato.

So summing it all up: Thanks Celebrity. You've made minor improvements for current Elite members and given us an attainable goal for a slight upgrade in benefits.

Now what I want to obsess about is whether I should book the Jan 18, 2015 Eclipse cruise on my January Equinox cruise without knowing if Perry is on the ship then. Why can't X give us Perry's schedule for the next 5 years so we can make sure not to miss him?

Barbara

I did not see anything about a one category upgrade in the new CC program. Where did you get this ?

Andrew

This is exactly what they did on a few cruisers....those over some number of points were invited to the cocktail hour in michael's club and those elite but with fewer credits used the sky lounge. They may implement that sort of thing again....perhaps inviting elite + to michaels for drinks with the zeniths. It will probably be up to the captains club host and it will depend on how many elite+'s are on board.

I agree that there is way too big a space between elite plus and the top...maybe should have been another step between them...

we will now have a huge elite plus class...it will be the same issue...

with no way to get to the top, after you reach elite plus, there goes the incentive...

It is basically the same with RCCL and the D+ to Pinnacle. It is intended to be that way to reward those who exhibit extraordinary loyalty. RCCL threw in a few minor benefits at 1/3 the way ( around 350 points) and 2/3 (around 525 points) the way.

Now many RCCL folks want new categories so they can say they are D+ super or D+ super duper.

M

Re upgrade.

Hasn't it only ever been an upgrade on inside and Oceanview unless you were booking on board the ship. The upgrade was then 3 categories. By this I mean pay for a 2c receive a 2a or 1c, not sure as we have never booked onboard. This stopped or at least became confusing a couple of years ago.

Could someone please explain the new rules as they see them and has anyone managed to get a quote from Celebrity.

Celebrity UK are denying this perk is real. I tried yesterday for Aquaclass.ie.pay for a A2 and get a A1.

Terms and Conditions

One-Category Upgrade

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Suites are excluded. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to Exciting Deals, ChoiceAir® specials, Reduced Air, interline, travel agent, Travelzoo, and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings or Reunion Cruises. Upgrades available from categories 11-A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.