Royal invited me to new york for macy's thanksgiving parade

mpoole3

We're visiting New York for the holiday and just watched the Macy's Parade live. Granted we were several people back, but we didn't see any float for Royal Caribbean. Did we miss something? Was something announced or perhaps presented during a commercial?

A friend captured this partial shot. My kids were kind of loud and I did not hear the announcement but read it online. ;0)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Were those your kids on the Flow Rider??

No, sorry, I meant my kids were loud while we were watching the parade from our living room! ;0)

A friend was at the parade and I tried to copy his picture to post for the person who was at the parade and did not see the RCCL float, but I could not figure out how to do it. LOL

Sorry for the confusion!!!

I am impatiently waiting for the summer 2015 dates and rates, planning to get a group together.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Interested to see if Mark went to see Mamma Mia! when he was in NYC (guessing that's why they'd make him keep it secret). Care to share? ;)

Hello. This is Jason, Michael's (mpoole3) brother. We are seeing Mamma Mia! Friday evening. We knew about it a few days ago but our lips were sealed!!

Check out my twitter page @jepoole for pictures and videos from the grandstand seats.

No, sorry, I meant my kids were loud while we were watching the parade from our living room! ;0)

A friend was at the parade and I tried to copy his picture to post for the person who was at the parade and did not see the RCCL float, but I could not figure out how to do it. LOL

Sorry for the confusion!!!

I am impatiently waiting for the summer 2015 dates and rates, planning to get a group together.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

No confusion- I did not mean your kids, I meant were they the OP's (Michael's) kids.

Edited by molly361

Hello. This is Jason, Michael's (mpoole3) brother. We are seeing Mamma Mia! Friday evening. We knew about it a few days ago but our lips were sealed!!

Check out my twitter page @jepoole for pictures and videos from the grandstand seats.

I would LOVE if they put Mama Mia production on one of their ships. That would work for me!!!!!

They once had the Abba tribute band Abbacadabra (something like that) onboard one of the Caribbean sailings. We all walked out, they were horrible..

I would LOVE if they put Mama Mia production on one of their ships. That would work for me!!!!!

They once had the Abba tribute band Abbacadabra (something like that) onboard one of the Caribbean sailings. We all walked out, they were horrible..

Well, fall in LOVE, Mamma Mia! will be the Broadway show on Quantum.

From what I saw on TV, there was a beach-themed float and Kristin Chenoweth lip-synched "New York, NY." I didn't see the RCI logo, but it must have been there somewhere.

I was hoping to see the honored passengers, but NBC never showed the rest of the float. I'm sure they had fun, though!

Jean, I wasn't very impressed with their effort either. There was a revolving kiosk with scenes from the rock wall, Flowrider and one other I didn't see. But if I hadn't known it was respresenting Quantum I'd never have guessed. Chenoweth took all the camera time. I waited out the whole parade to see this....disappointed!

OMG trekker Abbacadabra is one of our all time favorite shows on RCCL ships! We thought they were sensational!!!!!

Edited by BecciBoo

Jean, I wasn't very impressed with their effort either. There was a revolving kiosk with scenes from the rock wall, Flowrider and one other I didn't see. But if I hadn't known it was respresenting Quantum I'd never have guessed. Chenoweth took all the camera time. I waited out the whole parade to see this....disappointed!

OMG trekker Abbacadabra is one of our all time favorite shows on RCCL ships! We thought they were sensational!!!!!

My husband loved them, but honestly 1/3 of the audience walked out. Maybe they were having an off night.

My husband loved them, but honestly 1/3 of the audience walked out. Maybe they were having an off night.

I thought they were great....saw the show twice and even went once and saw them here in FL.. Congrats to the OP.....what an honor!

Edited by PH8

Well it's been quite a while since we saw them, maybe 6 years or so, maybe something has changed new members or something, but I've been hoping to see it on another ship since then. We loved them and the place was packed at that time.

Edited by BecciBoo

• 3 weeks later...

A Thanksgiving Weekend With Royal Caribbean: Guest Post by Michael Poole

Michael Poole is a long-time Royal Caribbean International cruiser. He follows us on Twitter at @RoyalCaribbean, where we love seeing him and his brother chime in in response to our updates. Last month, when we tweeted a sneak-peak photo of our float for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, Michael asked if we needed any loyal cruisers on our float. We responded by inviting him and three guests to join us at the parade and celebrate Thanksgiving weekend in New York City.

Hi, I’m Michael Poole from Knoxville, Tennessee, and I’m loyal to Royal. I often say, “I work so that I’m able to cruise!” I’m excited to share my experience traveling to “The Big Apple” to see Royal Caribbean’s float in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, led by Kristin Chenoweth, godmother of Quantum of the Seas.

First, let me start with how excited I was to call my brother, Jason Poole, and tell him we were traveling to New York City for Thanksgiving with Royal Caribbean! Actually, I don’t even think he believed me at first, but I just kept telling him to pack his bags, because we’re flying out in five days. (Yes, it happened that quickly.)

Gobble, gobble! It’s Thanksgiving Day and we are headed to Macy’s for the parade. That is where our seats were: front-row in the grandstand seats. Can you imagine the excitement that was running through us? We were about to see the parade live, in person, and front row, too! The first few hours we were really enjoying ourselves, but kept talking about how we were ready for the Royal Caribbean float. Then there she was making the turn on 53rd Street. I literally jumped out of my seat and screamed. Okay, I got a few weird looks, but I couldn’t hold my excitement any longer! I was about to see Kristin Chenoweth on Royal Caribbean’s float up close and in person. The float was so impressive, complete with palm trees and even some Royal Caribbean signatures like a rock climbing wall and FlowRider replica. It really showed the country that a Royal Caribbean cruise can wow anyone. And if the float wasn’t exciting enough, things got even better when Royal Caribbean announced they will be featuring Mamma Mia! the musical on their newest ship, Quantum of the Seas, debuting in Fall of 2014.” How exhilarating to feature such a successful Broadway musical on the high seas.

Now, there was only one thing left to do on Thanksgiving: EAT! Royal Caribbean provided a wonderful dining experience at Balthazar in SoHo. My family and I enjoyed traditional Thanksgiving fare while sharing what we were thankful for this year. Needless to say, I could not stop talking about how thankful I was for Royal Caribbean giving this experience to a loyal cruiser like myself.

Our final day in New York was Black Friday, and while most were out shopping we headed to Broadway to see Mamma Mia! This musical surpassed my expectations with a dramatic story, great singing, and lively dancing. I cannot wait to see it again on Quantum of the Seas, and I know everyone will be as impressed as I was with the show. After the musical, Royal Caribbean arranged a backstage tour of the theater. Getting to stand on a Broadway stage, sharing the energy of so many incredibly talented performers, was an unforgettable experience.

From the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade to the Thanksgiving dinner to the Broadway musical, I will be forever grateful for Royal Caribbean. I thank Royal for giving me memories I’ll cherish for a lifetime. I look forward to seeing you all on the high seas.