Let's keep "Now" and "Today" out of thread titles.

whogo

Oh, thank you for saying that - multiple exclamation marks and suchlike drive me nuts. It's like saying "look at me, look at me" or assuming we can't see it without all the extras.

I don't know what suchlike is, but I will assume it means such as. But, wow, I can't believe the annoyance on this thread for how people post. I'm SCARED to post!

While on the subject of dates: To save confusion, I wish people would write 12 Nov rather than 11/12. To people in many countries 11/12 means the 11th December not 12th November.

CC already ask people to do this in their guidelines

Host Kat says

"Since we are blessed with an international membership, it is best to show the date in the following format:

Full Month, Date, Full Year

July 12, 2013"

Edited by RollieUK

While on the subject of dates: To save confusion, I wish people would write 12 Nov rather than 11/12. To people in many countries 11/12 means the 11th December not 12th November.

Host Kat says

"Since we are blessed with an international membership, it is best to show the date in the following format:

July 12, 2013"

Good point. We sometimes need to be reminded that we (US people) aren't the "only fish in the sea" (hehe) Back to proper writing 101

Host Kat says

July 12, 2013"

Absolutely!:) It differs between Canada and the US too, and it sometimes causes much confusion in the workplace when trying to sort out which month it is referring to.

I don't know what suchlike is, but I will assume it means such as. But, wow, I can't believe the annoyance on this thread for how people post. I'm SCARED to post!

no need to be scared to post. Your posts are easy to read and doesn't hurt the eyes :D

Do not be afraid to post peddieplease. It is more of a personality thing directed at people such as my self who believe they have a right to address/title a thread in the manner that they/I wish it to read. Which includes the font size and color (which was done at the request of a couple vision impaired cc members) It is called read what you want, post in your style and ignore those who do not want you to post your way. In other words, do not let the thought of how your post will be construed by others dissuade you from posting your way:)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

I'm with you on this one, won't put and exclamation mark after that.

Will leave it black and won't change fonts.

Nov 28

Edited by CruiseWhere

>SNIP<

Which includes the font size and color (which was done at the request of a couple vision impaired cc members)

>SNIP<

Joanie

I truly do not understand this. With IE there is a setting in the lower right-hand corner of the screen that controls the size of the display on the screen, e.g., 75%, 100%, 150%, 200%, up to 400%. (I expect that Firefox and Chrome have something similar)

I would think that most people who are visually impaired, and use the internet, would know about those settings. How else would they read all the rest of the posts on CC, the ones that use the default font/size setting? How else would they be able to read many of the web pages that are in a smaller font? (unless of course they are using a text to talk app, which makes the entire matter moot)

So if visually impaired people are using those settings to enlarge the display to read other posts and other web pages, are the larger/bolder font posts then still easier to read or more difficult for them to read? Do they need to adjust the display settings down to read the larger/bolder fonts?

Really, I'm just very curious about this, and have been for a while.

Do not be afraid to post peddieplease. It is more of a personality thing directed at people such as my self who believe they have a right to address/title a thread in the manner that they/I wish it to read. Which includes the font size and color (which was done at the request of a couple vision impaired cc members) It is called read what you want, post in your style and ignore those who do not want you to post your way. In other words, do not let the thought of how your post will be construed by others dissuade you from posting your way:)

Joanie

I disagree IRL. Optical assault is not a personality thing. It is a complete jarring of the senses. I do appreciate that it is impossible to force someone to be considerate in that respect, but if we weren't flinching from the visual aspect it would be much easier to absorb what the person was saying.

Peddieplease, it's also nice to see posts like yours that don't take up half a page with a list of future cruises and a whole history of past sailings. On some threads, one has to keep changing pages after reading only a small number of posts.

Peddieplease, it's also nice to see posts like yours that don't take up half a page with a list of future cruises and a whole history of past sailings. On some threads, one has to keep changing pages after reading only a small number of posts.

I like seeing where people are going to. What I don't like is a bunch of expired countdown clocks. I'd love to see people remove those. I also like to see the list of cruises so I know which cruise lines people have been on even if I don't have that info on mine.

I'm with you on this one, won't put and exclamation mark after that.

Will leave it black and won't change fonts.

Nov 28

But black is fine - that's not an issue and this font is fine, easy to read and doesn't jump out at anyone :)

Joanie

Hey Joanie, you must be getting in cruise mode :) tomorrow you will be at sea :)

I don't know what you did here, but this font is easier to read IMO.

It might be the lack of capitals and stuff - I'm not sure - but it's easier on my old eyes ;);)

Have a great time tomorrow:D

I like seeing where people are going to. What I don't like is a bunch of expired countdown clocks. I'd love to see people remove those. I also like to see the list of cruises so I know which cruise lines people have been on even if I don't have that info on mine.

There are many, like you, who include some limited information, but yours are not the ones I was thinking off.

I truly do not understand this. With IE there is a setting in the lower right-hand corner of the screen that controls the size of the display on the screen, e.g., 75%, 100%, 150%, 200%, up to 400%. (I expect that Firefox and Chrome have something similar)

I would think that most people who are visually impaired, and use the internet, would know about those settings. How else would they read all the rest of the posts on CC, the ones that use the default font/size setting? How else would they be able to read many of the web pages that are in a smaller font? (unless of course they are using a text to talk app, which makes the entire matter moot)

Really, I'm just very curious about this, and have been for a while.

I wonder how many people are aware of those settings. In our office where we use our computers for many hours a day there are still several coworkers that arent aware of such (I do a lot of computer tech assistance in our area so it is apparent).

About the difference between browsers and CC- there has to be some formatting differences. Not too long back there was a regular poster whose posts had tiny little letters that were not very visible in Safari (and IE it turns out). I think he said he used FF and his fonts were the same size as others posts on his screen. On my apple devices (iphone and ipad) his and his other half's posts were teeny tiny.

But black is fine - that's not an issue and this font is fine, easy to read and doesn't jump out at anyone :)

But that's the problem Jacqui. I don't want to write in black nor do I like the colour and if I'm excited what the heck is the problem with exclamation points?

How very boring this world would be if we were all the same!!!!

But that's the problem Jacqui. I don't want to write in black nor do I like the colour and if I'm excited what the heck is the problem with exclamation points?

How very boring this world would be if we were all the same!!!!

There's nothing wrong with explanation points on their own. Nor to make a point. Heck I use them. And I use emotions. When they are big and huge and permeate a post over and over, it jumps out at me (I'm speaking for me only). If they are used for every post it gets a bit much. Used when someone is excited, to make a point, that's exactly what they are for :)

If someone is vision-impaired, there are aides and settings that can be used with a computer. I don't understand how anyone has to type in big bold letters because they are visually impaired, and yet they can obviously read other posts. It's just a puzzle to me. However, we have gone off-topic, and it's good see so many agree on the NOW and TODAY issue:D Pardon me for using caps - another pet peeve of mine, but thankfully that issue is addressed in the forum guidelines, so hopefully these posters get a little reminder on it.

There's nothing wrong with explanation points on their own. Nor to make a point. Heck I use them. And I use emotions. When they are big and huge and permeate a post over and over, it jumps out at me (I'm speaking for me only). If they are used for every post it gets a bit much. Used when someone is excited, to make a point, that's exactly what they are for :)

Well said. :)

I don't understand the problem.

On my computer, the date and time of each message is displayed at the beginning of each posting.

Scott & Karen

I didn't mean the individual posts, I mean the thread titles that are listed on the forum main page. That's where the original date of posting should be listed, so you can see when the thread was started before you open it ...

Obviously I like to use a color other than black or blue to post, I make it a little bit larger to make it easier to read, but I don't bold. I didn't realize that people think you're SHOUTING when you bold or USE CAPS. Or both. ;)

Don't mind !!! marks or smilies ... do mind old expired countdown clocks.

Everyone has an individual voice & personality & way of expressing themselves, and I like to see that in everyone's posts.