Is the drink package truly unlimited?

Carmel1970

There seems to be some debate on our roll call as to the drink package being unlimited per day versus a maximum dollar amount allowed per day. I know there is a maximum per drink, but is there a maximum per day?

No - apart from the max amount per drink, there is not limit on how many you can have :) mind you, your liver might not agree :eek:

Lou

There seems to be some debate on our roll call as to the drink package being unlimited per day versus a maximum dollar amount allowed per day. I know there is a maximum per drink, but is there a maximum per day?

I had drink package last year no limit except what you can take. :D:D

We had the drink package on the Solstice in May. At the end of the cruise you'll receive your bill and it will show every drink you had with the cost of $00. No extras for tips. We always tipped a couple of bucks just to get fast service. My liver won't be out of rehab until winter shuts down golf for the year which I guess will be sometime in Feb. Then I will start the new year the next day.

Jim

Edited by thmpsn

The only limit is the amount the drink costs. If you choose to purchase high end alcohol or wine, then you'll pay the difference between the limit of $12 (on the Premium alcohol package) and the price of the drink you ordered. I think where your fellow cruisers got the idea of a limit is because Carnival limits people to 15 drinks a day.

What happens with ordering cocktails on a classic package please?

I think I have seen on a thread that you can have smaller glasses instead of being charged the full price.Is this correct please? Are there any cocktails that 'fit' on the classic package ?

Many Thanks

What happens with ordering cocktails on a classic package please?

I think I have seen on a thread that you can have smaller glasses instead of being charged the full price.Is this correct please? Are there any cocktails that 'fit' on the classic package ?

Many Thanks

The classic package includes beer, wine by the glass, fountain soda, and non-alcoholic cocktails. Hence, there are no cocktails (liquor) that 'fit' the classic package. You can order cocktails a la carte and will be charged whatever the given price is.

I have never heard of being able to order smaller cocktails for a lesser price. There used to be an option when ordering the drink of the day where you could get it in a regular glass instead of the souvenir glass, and I think it might have been a dollar or so cheaper since you weren't getting a glass to keep, but to my knowledge there is no small size/big size variation on cocktail pricing

If the bar tender thinks your under the weather they will not serve you,we saw this happen a couple of times on the connie last year,

On the eclipse we saw some one get their drinks package revoked he was blotto at lunch time not once but a few times

I read on this board that some Martini Bartenders will make smaller versions of the drinks on their menu for Classic package holders, (and presumably pay-by-the-drink types too), but I've never seen it myself.

We experienced that on our Solstice cruise earlier this year. When it was not crowded at the Martini bar, they would make a 'small' that was covered by our drink package. During busy times ( pre-dinner, etc) they only offered the full-size Martinis (and charged for them)

The classic package includes beer, wine by the glass, fountain soda, and non-alcoholic cocktails. Hence, there are no cocktails (liquor) that 'fit' the classic package. You can order cocktails a la carte and will be charged whatever the given price is.

I have never heard of being able to order smaller cocktails for a lesser price. There used to be an option when ordering the drink of the day where you could get it in a regular glass instead of the souvenir glass, and I think it might have been a dollar or so cheaper since you weren't getting a glass to keep, but to my knowledge there is no small size/big size variation on cocktail pricing

I think you missed the mixed drinks costing 8.50 or less part of the package. . You can get cocktails with the classic package.

Edited by maxsales

My understanding is that with classic package, you can have beers up to $5 per and wine and Cocktails up to $8 per. So, yes, there are cocktails that fit the bill. As far as the smaller versions of more expensive drinks, I do not know, tho, I have seen it mentioned on these boards. The other thing about classic, is that you cannot pay the difference in price of the higher drinks as you can with Premium package. If you choose a drink higher than $8, you pay the full price.

This is the write up from the celebrity web site. My error on earlier post as the limit is $8 and not 8.50

Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all Beers up to $5 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

I think I have read on other line's forums where some lines do put a daily dollar limit or daily per-drink limit of some sort on packages. Perhaps the other poster was familiar with another line.

As kitty9 pointed out, Carnival has begun to limit the daily number of drinks to 15.

As kitty9 pointed out, Carnival has begun to limit the daily number of drinks to 15.

That's alcoholic drinks, and you're cut off till 6:00 a.m. You can't even get any more by paying for them. How puritanical of them! :D

Edited by Fouremco