Free Cruise is Back

WmFCoyote

The link in post #2 opens the ad for the promotion. The text in the ad indicate this promo is only for sailings out of LA. The fine print under the ad state that the offer is only good on specific sailing dates. These dates correspond to the Sapphire sailings out of LA.

Where do you see that this offer is good on January 2014 sailings out of Ft. Lauderdale?

I went into the Princess booking engine and January Getaway sailings out of LA have big red "Sale" banners all over them. Looking at January Getaway sailings out of Ft. Lauderdale, I don't see any such banners.

Are you sure this applies to Ft. Lauderdale Getaways?

Princess has announced that they have reinstated a 100% refund of January "Get Away" fares from LA and FL. They will give a credit for 100% of the fare on a future 7 day cruise. Is this a good deal?:)

I looked at the florida itineraries, and did not find them appealing.

I like to 'spend' my vacation time carefully, and I think I could get

better ports with only a day or two more vacation time on many

7-day cruises.

We took advantage of the previous sale and have applied most of our credit towards a cruise this Feb.

We still have $300/person left. Anyone have an idea if we could combine the FCC from this offer with that towards one cruise?

Also, I did read the fine print and it does say that it's restricted to people who got the offer - we didn't so I wonder if that's why no "sale" banner appears when I check the cruises.

I guess it's time to call Princess.

One more thing - HI John ! It does say LA in the text but if you click on "Book Today" a bunch of Florida sailings pop up. These sailings are from your neck of the woods so no airfare for you! :D

I copied this:

Get 100% of Your Fare Back as a Future Cruise Credit!

Back by popular demand, just in time for the holidays! Book a 3 to 5 day Princess® Getaway cruise sailing roundtrip from Los Angeles or Ft. Lauderdale and receive 100% of your cruise fare as a credit toward a future Princess cruise!*

Princess Getaways make for GREAT holiday gifts, and there’s no better time than NOW to take advantage of special holiday pricing on our popular Princess Getaway cruises!

If you've never been able to escape completely with Princess Cruises, now is the time to enjoy internationally-inspired cuisine, top headliner entertainment, endless onboard activities, and wonderfully-comfortable accommodations - all included in your cruise fare, from as low as $199!

Don't miss out on this amazing deal. Contact your Travel Agent or call 1-800-774-6237 to book your 3 day cruise today!

Edited by chamima

Just checked my email. Got the offer for Ft. Lauderdale cruises. We would love to take advantage of this after taking advantage of the same deal out of LA earlier this month. But, we can only take advantage of this IF we can combine this FCC with the FCC we earned on our Golden cruise earlier this month to pay down the only long cruise we'll be taking next year. Time to call the TA.

Now to see if Mrs. Frugalist can get some more time off. ;)

i'll admit, I haven't looked into this deal at all, just stumbled on this post while browsing.

I already have a Princess cruise booked for next year. I wonder if I did the getaway cruise in January if I could use the FCC for my already booked cruise later on next year, or if it has to be a brand new booking?

We spoke to them last night and does not have to be a new booking - just a booking that sails before end of 2014 and is not yet fully paid.

The link in post #2 opens the ad for the promotion. The text in the ad indicate this promo is only for sailings out of LA. The fine print under the ad state that the offer is only good on specific sailing dates. These dates correspond to the Sapphire sailings out of LA.

Where do you see that this offer is good on January 2014 sailings out of Ft. Lauderdale?

I went into the Princess booking engine and January Getaway sailings out of LA have big red "Sale" banners all over them. Looking at January Getaway sailings out of Ft. Lauderdale, I don't see any such banners.

Are you sure this applies to Ft. Lauderdale Getaways?

Yes. My flyer and web link both have FLL cruises listed including one I'm on in December. We called and got the deal.

Just off the phone with Princess. Confirmed that we qualify for this deal. Put a hold on a suite on the Jan. 27 Ruby out of Ft. Lauderdale. Also confirmed that we can combine FCCs from this cruise and our early-November cruise to pay down our planned Dec. 2014 cruise.

We were on the same cruise as Tom, and ours was already in the personalizer when we got home.

One requirement was it had to be a 7 dayer and sailing before Dec 31, 2014. We booked the Crown for Sept.

Then, I saw a 3 dayer balcony on Lido for $299. on Jan 13th so we booked that. We aren't even getting off the ship, but it makes us Platinum.

Yesterday we got the email that we could do it again because we booked the Jan. cruise.

PCL is having trouble filling ships. There is only 1 Hawaii sailing in 2015. For so long we were stuck with CCL on the west coast. I fear PCL will go the way of HAL and move most of their ships. :(

The rules state:

"Fare offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer."

So it appears if you do not receive this e-mail, you cannot take advantage of it.

Interesting in that I have booked and paid for a qualifying cruise on Sapphire, yet the email I received was only showing the Florida cruises.....:(

We are looking to book one of these cruises out of FLL in January. We have a 7 day cruise already booked for next March with final payment due this December. This promotion states that already booked 2014 cruises are eligible as long as final payment hasn't yet been made. On the surface it sounds as though we would qualify for this FCC. However, after speaking with a Princess rep and their supervisor I was told we may not qualify because we would have already made final payment on our 2014 cruise before the FCC from the January cruise would be available to our account. Perhaps this promotion should be clarified: "...as long as final payment has not yet been received prior to completion of the qualifying cruise". I was advised to contact my TA to see if they could work something out with Princess. More to come...

earnied

The rules state:

"Fare offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer."

So it appears if you do not receive this e-mail, you cannot take advantage of it.

Unfortunately that seems to be true. :(

Has anyone contacted Princess to see if they will give this deal without an email?

Neither of us received an email, it doesn't show under our Cruise Personalizer's deals & not seeing it when either of us sign-in to check the cruises. They have their Thanksgiving promo of a free location upgrade, bottle of wine & $25/cabin OBC.

Without receiving the email we apparently would not get this great deal. We're an hour from the Port of LA so would think we'd fall into the demographics of those who could easily get there to fill so many empty cabins. I wonder who in marketing decides who qualifies? Maybe it's offered to those who need to fly & may book Princess air?

Obviously Princess doesn't like us! :( ;)

I will throw in my experience with this offer.

1. E-mail came from the Captains Circle (not the regular Princess account)

2. Princess operators didn't know the offer was back, I had to give her the promo code on the e-mail so she could look it up. (PE3GW009B/ PE3GW409B)

3.Works the same way it did for the Oct/Nov Golden sailing.

4. I took advantage of this offer on the Golden a few weeks ago. I booked a B2B as a single in a suite. I receive my full refund to my Captains Circle Account and have applied both refunds to my April transatlantic cruise. (which was already booked)

5. I booked a single/suite on the Sapphire in January and plan on applying that to my December Christmas cruise.

The only draw back to this offer is that you have to be able to make the final payment sooner rather that later.

It's not on my homepage which only has the Thanksgiving sale which isn't the same as the email some have received with the 100% FCC. :(

Very strange. Maybe you should move to Santa Clarita. :) It is on the Princess Website when I log in.

Did you have to receive the e-mail from Princess to take advantage of this offer or is it available to anyone?

Don't know but there is a link on the first page of the Princess website that details the offer. Would assume that you don't have to have email since it is on the website.

Nah...I'll stay in Ventura county. ;)

Someone from Palos Verdes got it...maybe it's offered to LA county residents? :confused:

We got an email and we're in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I was looking around at 'My Princess' last night and there was something in my profile where I had signed up to receive 'last minute standby offers' from San Francisco and LA. That may be why I got the email.