World Cruises for Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria

joysav

Hi

I noticed that the World Cruises for 2015 don't include South America and are a bit shorter

Is this the new norm or a 2 year cycle ????

When would the 2016 World Tours come out for Victoria and Elizabeth ??

I assume that we could get of say the Queen Vic in Sydney/Brisbane and get on the Queen

Lizzy or vis versa ???

And is there a way of jumping the queue by joining something / cruise miles etc ??

Thanks

Joy

If the pattern stays the same, 2016 details will come out in August 2014. Usually a little earlier in the UK than in the US but somebody posts on here to let everyone know. None of the Queens went to any where in South America other than Colombia in 2013 and I think it was much the same in 2012. Who knows what Cunard will do in the future.

Usually it works out that you can change ships in Australia (usually a few days layover).

Not sure why the 2015 voyages eliminated a few days. They added some for 2014. The 2015 lengths seem to be closer to the 2013 ones.

Edited by Scrapnana

If the pattern stays the same, 2016 details will come out in August 2014. Usually a little earlier in the UK than in the US but somebody posts on here to let everyone know. None of the Queens went to any where in South America other than Colombia in 2013 and I think it was much the same in 2012. Who knows what Cunard will do in the future.

Usually it works out that you can change ships in Australia (usually a few days layover).

Not sure why the 2015 voyages eliminated a few days. They added some for 2014. The 2015 lengths seem to be closer to the 2013 ones.

Thanks for that .

Probably will use Captains Choice Tours for South America as it is a lot quicker.

Joy

Hi

I noticed that the World Cruises for 2015 don't include South America and are a bit shorter

I assume that we could get of say the Queen Vic in Sydney/Brisbane and get on the Queen

Lizzy or vis versa ???

And is there a way of jumping the queue by joining something / cruise miles etc ??

Thanks

Joy

The itineraries for '15 came out 21st August with 5th Sept. the booking day for specific cabins.

You could. I believe, pre-register your interest before the 5th but that didn't guarantee specific cabins.

Edited by Victoria2

Hi

Lizzy or vis versa ???

Thanks

Joy

The itineraries for '15 came out 21st August with 5th Sept. the booking day for specific cabins.

Sorry

submitted by mistake!!!

Edited by Victoria2

. None of the Queens went to any where in South America other than Colombia in 2013 and I think it was much the same in 2012. Who knows what Cunard will do in the future.

with all due respect Scrapnana, the QE2 used to do South America at least during her world cruises.….and also I remember the QM2 doing South America on a world cruise in 2005 (?)..(rather fateful trip if i remember correctly, we were following on the QE2 when she hit the sandbank out of FL and struggled to get round in time to meet us in LA), I never thought the new queens would do the Horn, in case they were shaken apart..one of the main reasons for booking it as soon as it was announced! I love a bit of rough…sailing that is...:p

Edited by roscoe39

Hi Roscoe,

Sadly politics has reared its ugly head, Argentina has publicly stated no ships that visit the Flakland Islands will be allowed to visit Argentina. Just noted my misspelling.. It certainly made me chuckle. ;)

I believe Mr Shanks stated Cunard wanted to avoid getting involved in any political disputes regarding South American cruises?

Hi Roscoe,

Sadly politics has reared its ugly head, Argentina has publicly stated no ships that visit the Flakland Islands will be allowed to visit Argentina. Just noted my misspelling.. It certainly made me chuckle. ;)

I believe Mr Shanks stated Cunard wanted to avoid getting involved in any political disputes regarding South American cruises?

which is why she is doing South America …without the flaklands…(chuckle)…but i do believe that the few times that she was due to call in she was unable to because of the unreliable weather conditions.

Hopefully South America will be scheduled again as there is a lot to see and would be worth a few visits.

regards roscoe

Hi Roscoe,

I believe we have had similar discussions before and I agree with you about the problems faced with getting ashore, but visiting those islands is surely more about showing or paying our respects to those that were willing to sacrifice so much in the name of democracy?

Having speakers aboard the ship to talk about the various periods of the conflict, the locations, the conditions, the losses, the sacrifices. Cunard themselves should make the effort to pay their respects to those still serving on the Atlantic Conveyor

To lay off the islands would be enough for many, but...

To have a nation make policies the way Argentina has done is plain wrong, to carry on visiting that country on a Cunard, or P&O registered ship is plain wrong.

I am in the corner that believes in fighting the just fight, and when over, it is over. I would welcome Argentine ex military personnel to sail on any ship paying a visit to the Falklands, I would listen to their accounts, thoughts etc just as intently as I would to those talks given by British personnel. The conflict is over... It is time to sit in the bar, put our feet up and show respect to our fellow man.

From what I gather Cunard are ducking this issue by not having any visits to those islands because of 'the possibility of adverse weather conditions!!!'

Shame on them and I would love for would be passengers to boycott voyages to Argentina until such time as that nation lifts its childish embargo. whewwww

Apologies for the rant but I confess to having very strong feelings regarding this issue.

I have visited the Falklands twice, on QE2 and Spirit of Adveture, both were by tender and we were lucky the conditions were good for landing. I don't think we should get into politics here. It is not unusual for big corporations to avoid situation like this, they answer to their shareholders and if they think it's in their best interests to avoid the Falklands it's what they will do.

Another reason is that so many times a tendering operation is not possible. It's a lot of sailing just to turn round without landing.

David.

I have visited the Falklands twice, on QE2 and Spirit of Adveture, both were by tender and we were lucky the conditions were good for landing. I don't think we should get into politics here. It is not unusual for big corporations to avoid situation like this, they answer to their shareholders and if they think it's in their best interests to avoid the Falklands it's what they will do.

Another reason is that so many times a tendering operation is not possible. It's a lot of sailing just to turn round without landing.

David.

I understand what you say about politics and hopefully folks will accept I have the utmost respect for the people of that country, but yes I agree with you, the owners of these cruise lines are only interested in one thing..... Profit!!

When I get to Hawaii I will be paying my respects to those still aboard the USS Arizona, but because of 'politics' (blackmail) I cannot pay my respects to the fallen that are stll aboard the ships in those waters.

Hi Roscoe,

I believe we have had similar discussions before and I agree with you about the problems faced with getting ashore, but visiting those islands is surely more about showing or paying our respects to those that were willing to sacrifice so much in the name of democracy?

Having speakers aboard the ship to talk about the various periods of the conflict, the locations, the conditions, the losses, the sacrifices. Cunard themselves should make the effort to pay their respects to those still serving on the Atlantic Conveyor

To lay off the islands would be enough for many, but...

To have a nation make policies the way Argentina has done is plain wrong, to carry on visiting that country on a Cunard, or P&O registered ship is plain wrong.

I am in the corner that believes in fighting the just fight, and when over, it is over. I would welcome Argentine ex military personnel to sail on any ship paying a visit to the Falklands, I would listen to their accounts, thoughts etc just as intently as I would to those talks given by British personnel. The conflict is over... It is time to sit in the bar, put our feet up and show respect to our fellow man.

From what I gather Cunard are ducking this issue by not having any visits to those islands because of 'the possibility of adverse weather conditions!!!'

Shame on them and I would love for would be passengers to boycott voyages to Argentina until such time as that nation lifts its childish embargo. whewwww

Apologies for the rant but I confess to having very strong feelings regarding this issue.

I remember the war. Well handled by the Iron Lady in my opinion. Seems lately the same issues have been coming up in the news.

I was recently found an alternate history book called The Fireflies of Port Stanley and had a couple of good laughs at the alternate out come. I didn't realize that Port Stanley didn't have a deep water port that could accommodate a larger vessel like a cruise ship?? And I think that hearing both sides of the conflict would be fascinating and refreshing at the same time. Traveling to both countries would be of benefit to all. I think the more contact between regular people of all countries reduces the potential for conflict in the future. I think of it as a cruise line peace corp.

I understand what you say about politics and hopefully folks will accept I have the utmost respect for the people of that country, but yes I agree with you, the owners of these cruise lines are only interested in one thing..... Profit!!

When I get to Hawaii I will be paying my respects to those still aboard the USS Arizona, but because of 'politics' (blackmail) I cannot pay my respects to the fallen that are stll aboard the ships in those waters.

Glojo, I don't understand...who is blackmailing you from showing respect for the dead?

-S

Glojo, I don't understand...who is blackmailing you from showing respect for the dead?

-S

Apologises for using that evocative word...

The Argentine government has decreed that no cruise ship can visit the Falklands and then visit Argentina, or I assume vice versa. 'blackmail' is a poor choice of words :o:o

To those that want this thread closed, I would respectfully ask why? I want to go on a Cunard Cruise to the Falklands and it has been removed from the schedule for the reasons outlined by the then CEO and I find that very sad. This cruise that takes in South America is referred to by Cunard as a 'World Cruise' which means I am not going off topic, I am talking about a port of call that has been visited on a regular occasion by ships cruising in that part of the World. Yes the weather down south can be frustrating but that is to be expected when in that part of the World be it there or any other similar location.

I am in full agreement with the excellent sentiments of:

I think the more contact between regular people of all countries reduces the potential for conflict in the future. I think of it as a cruise line peace corp.

I would welcome Argentine folks aboard the ship if we were to 'sail down south' and for those that had little or no interest in that conflict, all I will say is the Argentine pilots flew with a bravery that had to be seen to be believed, I would buy them all a drink in a heartbeat! I have nothing but the utmost respect for those very brave men so please do not think for one milli-second this is me lashing out at the people of that country, far from it.

I would enjoy visiting Argentina, I have absolutely no issues with that and would love the opportunity to visit that beautiful country. It can be suggested what I am saying is political, but I prefer to think of it as wanting to go on a Cunard Cruise to South America that takes in as many locations as is practical which would include the Falklands and before this embargo I have read numerous posts wrote by folks that have been on ships that visited that location and even those that could not get ashore because of the weather conditions, some of them still enjoyed this visit and the adjusted itinerary of the ship in lieu of putting folks ashore.