POM to MIA car service

Luvs2trvl

I am looking for private car service from the Port of Miami to MIA. Checked Go Airport Shuttle and they do not go into the airport from POM.

Any recommendations? I know I can take a cab or the cruiseline transfer, but I'm concerned about standing in a long line (cab) or sitting on the bus for a long time if we use the cruise line transfer.

Or, does the cab line move quickly? It's the standing / heat that is cause for concern.

Thank you

Edited by Luvs2trvl

Never waited as much as 5 minutes for the cab line to get to me; you can try Larry's Limos (often suggested for Miami service) or American Shuttle (based at MIA), but I suspect both will be more expensive and may take longer than a $24+tip flat rate cab.

In our experience, the line was long but moved in a timely manner. Cabs are abundant at a cruise ship pier, but so are the passengers who need them.

The thing is, if you use a car service or limo instead of a cab, you will need to call them on your cell phone when you are ready to be picked up. They are not permitted to wait inside the pier area due to congestion. The wait after you call may be just as long as waiting for a cab, so really, your choice if you want to pay more for their service vs. a taxi.

We arrive April 29, 2014 on the Celebrity Infinity. We will be doing the Luggage Valet service so that will be one less thing to worry about. Our flight is not until the afternoon so that is not a concern - it's the ease of transport I'm thinking about. As long as the lines move quickly, we should be okay. Am I safe to assume we will not be under a cover?

Thank you -

Edited by Luvs2trvl

We arrive April 29, 2014 on the Celebrity Infinity. We will be doing the Luggage Valet service so that will be one less thing to worry about. Our flight is not until the afternoon so that is not a concern - it's the ease of transport I'm thinking about. As long as the lines move quickly, we should be okay. Am I safe to assume we will not be under a cover?

Thank you -

I just looked at the schedule.

The good news is you are the only ship in port. :)

I would just go with a taxi.

I would be one of the last off the ship and that way when you get outside there will likely be a taxi waiting out for you.

Keith