Bringing your own flowers

jamesnnb

We know it is permissible to bring your own flowers on board (and not permissible to carry off any flowers, plants, etc.) and this is quite popular at Seattle's Pike's Market. Most people have done with in the US -- but is it also permissible in foreign ports (specifically Canada)? Has anyone brought their own flowers on board in Canadian ports?

I have brought flowers on board in New York (Brooklyn), Seattle, Fort Lauderdale, and Buenos Aries. I am about to find out if it is possible in Barcelona, as well!

It is - I brought them on from Barcelona last May. Gorgeous flowers on the Ramblas.

Out of curiosity, are you guys bringing flowers on board because they're nice to have in the cabin or for a special occasion (e.g. birthday of someone you're meeting up with on board)?

I bought some in Papeete because I love tropical flowers and I can't get them where I live. I was able to enjoy them in my cabin for 8 sea days before I had to get off the ship. :o

I bought some in Papeete because I love tropical flowers and I can't get them where I live. I was able to enjoy them in my cabin for 8 sea days before I had to get off the ship. :o

This has been many years ago, but we saw some beautiful arrangements at a Farmer's Market type place near where the ship was docked in Papeete. I really wanted some but was hesitant. They were ridiculously cheap, too. But when I asked at the gangplank when we boarded, they said they weren't allowed because they we're afraid you would bring bugs on board.

Edited by gooch47

You won't have any problems bringing any flowers on board in any foreign or domestic ports, only taking them off.

Agree we have brought flowers on in the US, northern European ports and Mediterranean cruises, never had a problem anywhere. Can't imagine it would be any different in Canada.

This has been many years ago, but we saw some beautiful arrangements at a Farmer's Market type place near where the ship was docked in Papeete. I really wanted some but was hesitant. They were ridiculously cheap, too. But when I asked at the gangplank when we boarded, they said they weren't allowed because they we're afraid you would bring bugs on board.

Many have posted in the past about bringing on flowers from the market in Papeete. Not sure why it was different on your cruise.

They must have changed the rules since then. People were bringing them onboard the Sapphire in droves earlier this month.