Made out like a bandit :)

SunAura

No such luck here...I booked our May 2014 Baltic cruise during the Pick your Perk promo and chose free drinks. My cabin has gone up $150/person, so I wouldn't gain anything by adding gratuities or OBC on the 1-2-3 promo. For my 12-Night cruise in AQ, both of the additional perks are worth $300, or the exact amount my cabin has gone up!:rolleyes:

We booked a 7-nighter for Feb 2015 almost a month ago using an older Passages certificate (which gave us $100 deposit and $100 OBC). I knew eventually there would be a promo that I could add, losing my passages benefits, but I wanted to secure a specific concierge cabin.

Phoned today to have the reservation changed to include the 123go! benefits. Had checked and the cabin price was the same as I booked (yeah, you naysayers who say the price jumps up right before a promo!). And, lo and behold! The 123 is combinable! Not only that, I got to benefit from the +25 CC points in the promo which puts me Elite after this cruise (was going to be on the old system, but not the new system).

Oh Happy Day! Thank you Rene @ Celebrity, who was the consummate professional despite how busy he must be today, and he just kept making me happier and happier! I hope there are many more positive experiences from all you out there!

Good job Celebrity!

Congratulations!!! happy for you!!

Every single time I have looked at booking with the drink + bonuses it has been significantly higher than before those were added. It's not a big deal to us, because we don't drink much (or at all) so that is not a big value. The price would have to be a lot cheaper before it would work for us. We're talking hundreds of dollars pp more.

I have a feeling the people who say their price didn't go up were booked at a pretty high price to start with. I admit that we only book a cruise if that rates are really, really low and seldom more than 3 months out--sometimes even after final payment. Sometimes when people tell me the cost of their cruise in the exact same cabin as we have, it's hard to keep my mouth shut, since sometimes they are paying double what we do.

Maybe it all is a wash if you do drink enough to offset the higher prices, but we don't. It might be fun to order pop, specialty coffees, etc., already included, but not for the price increases. Or else we're just extremely unlucky in the cruises we are interested in that have the drinks + package being higher.

I guess we're one of the unlucky ones, too. :)

Every single time I have looked at booking with the drink + bonuses it has been significantly higher than before those were added. It's not a big deal to us, because we don't drink much (or at all) so that is not a big value. The price would have to be a lot cheaper before it would work for us. We're talking hundreds of dollars pp more.

I have a feeling the people who say their price didn't go up were booked at a pretty high price to start with. I admit that we only book a cruise if that rates are really, really low and seldom more than 3 months out--sometimes even after final payment. Sometimes when people tell me the cost of their cruise in the exact same cabin as we have, it's hard to keep my mouth shut, since sometimes they are paying double what we do.

Maybe it all is a wash if you do drink enough to offset the higher prices, but we don't. It might be fun to order pop, specialty coffees, etc., already included, but not for the price increases. Or else we're just extremely unlucky in the cruises we are interested in that have the drinks + package being higher.

How far out are the cruises that you are monitoring? I have seen many cruises when the price did not increase. The most current is a January 18, 2015 14 days cruises on the Eclipse.

Last year I was lucky to get the 123 Promo on a TA and the standard rate was reduced many times. I have another cruise booked for 1/25/14 on the Eclipse and price has steadily increased over the last year.

Of course it is reasonable to think that Celebrity might increase some prices prior to the introduction of a new program, but it would be hard to prove the increase was not due to demand. I wonder if it is not sometimes a matter of other special promotions going away than a real increase. Like Giving Thanks, Captain Club discount, seniors, etc. I know the 123 Promo cannot be combined.

Can you give us a particular cruise as an example?

We're booked on the March 8 sailing of the Reflection for a 7 day Eastern Caribbean in category 1A. We got a good price back in early November, then last week we got an $85pp price drop and were so happy! We also have free gratuities and OBC.

I checked yesterday to see how the new promo looked and our cabin got a $200pp price INCREASE, so obviously they just hiked the price up to cover the new "goodies." Not a deal. And we don't drink alcohol, so definitely no deal for us.

I booked Aug.'14 the Baltic Cruise. I price was the same as last week but thats when I started looking so not sure if there was a jump or not. We got the $300. OBC and drink package. Thats not in writing though on the receopt. Should it be?

Is the receipt you are talking about the one you get directly from Celebrity -

"Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy"? If so, it should be reflected there. Even if you booked through a TA, they (the TA) should email you the Booking Confirmation from Celebrity.

I have a feeling the people who say their price didn't go up were booked at a pretty high price to start with. I admit that we only book a cruise if that rates are really, really low and seldom more than 3 months out--sometimes even after final payment. Sometimes when people tell me the cost of their cruise in the exact same cabin as we have, it's hard to keep my mouth shut, since sometimes they are paying double what we .

We booked our 2015 cruise pretty much when it opened up. To date prices haven't changed but given past experience i expect they will start to climb over the next few months. As stated i think sometimes price vagaries are simply due to supply and demand.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Celebrity also is inviting Classic tier and above members of the brand's newly enhanced Captain's Club loyalty program to take advantage of exclusive benefits: When booking November 29 – December 31, 2013, members will receive 25 bonus Club Points, in addition to the usual Club Points earned for their bookings. They also will enjoy 50 percent reduced deposits when booking." *......where does it say anything about Aqua class and above?

123go is giving captains club members 25 bonus CC points but only for aqua class and above bookings. From the celebrity web site

Captain's Club Member Offers apply to new individual and named group bookings made Nov. 29 – Dec. 31, 2013. Classic Captain's Club Members and above ("CC Members") are eligible to receive 25 bonus Club Points, for AquaClass and above stateroom bookings. Bonus Club Points will be added within 14 days after conclusion of sailing. CC Members are also eligible for a 50% Reduced Deposit Offer on individual bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposit must be paid by Feb. 28, 2014. To redeem on celebrity.com, proceed to the Payment page, select "Other" in the deposit field and enter 50% off the deposit amount. Valid membership number must be provided at time of booking; new members may book onboard without a membership number but must provide the membership number by Mar. 10, 2014.

Edited by maxsales

Gimletgal, thanks , I need to call Celebrity back then. I booked directly through them.

You're welcome! The OBC will show up under "Booking Charges" as -

ADV? $000 ONBRDCR

The drink package should show up in the same area as-

Al CEL CL (or something similar)

They may tell you it takes a few weeks for that to appear. If so, ask them to email you the new booking confirmation as soon as it has been applied. :) Good luck - you should have no worries!

We booked a 7-nighter for Feb 2015 almost a month ago using an older Passages certificate (which gave us $100 deposit and $100 OBC). I knew eventually there would be a promo that I could add, losing my passages benefits, but I wanted to secure a specific concierge cabin.

Phoned today to have the reservation changed to include the 123go! benefits. Had checked and the cabin price was the same as I booked (yeah, you naysayers who say the price jumps up right before a promo!). And, lo and behold! The 123 is combinable! Not only that, I got to benefit from the +25 CC points in the promo which puts me Elite after this cruise (was going to be on the old system, but not the new system).

Oh Happy Day! Thank you Rene @ Celebrity, who was the consummate professional despite how busy he must be today, and he just kept making me happier and happier! I hope there are many more positive experiences from all you out there!

Good job Celebrity!

Good job you little bandit!! :D

Misha1,

I am currently booked in Concierge class under the 123 go special (booked on 11/29). I got 50% deposit but the offer states that the 25 point bonus is Aqua class and above. Where on the Celebrity site did you find the statement that you are sending to your TA? I would like to do the same.

Just booked a concierge room with the 123 promo and received the 25 bonus points.

My understanding is that you do not actual get the.special booking points until after cruise is completed. If you received the bonus points perhaps they were from something else?

Or you have been promised the bonus points? If yes is it reflected on your Celebrity invoice?

Thanks and good luck

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App