P&o sneaky fuel charge?

waney

@pandocruises and @MailOnline RAN A competion TO WIN 500 CRUISES ow.ly/rnEPw BUT NOW THEY ASK WINNERS TO PAY FOR FUEL

#notfree?

£140 per cabin for Baltic Cruise winners

£200 per cabin for Carribean winners

Sneaky!>>??

There was nothing in the small print in Mail on Sunday about possible fuel/flight surcharges in terms and conditions but there was about paying gratuities, transport to and from cruise terminal or airport and port excursions which he is not talking about. If you take the time and hunt through the P&O brochure you will find that they can charge supplements but you would expect the competition runner to mention this when explaining what you are expected to pay for when they offer a FREE cruise.

Just like using your frequent flyer points/air miles to get a 'free flight.' You still have to pay a fair bit in air taxes. EG, one of ours in February....flight on LAN, Sydney to Santiago, Chile, = $330 each in taxes, plus 48,000 Qantas FF points each. No complaining, still cheaper than a one way flight you pay $1800 for.

Yes, you have to read the small print on any deal.

Is it possible the fuel charge is for the flight especially the Caribbean, not sure if the Baltic one is a fly cruise. We have been charged £200 fuel supplement for our cruise in February.

If this is the case then you were not mislead as the charge is made by the airline NOT P&O.

Molly

Waney you are moaning on every conceivable cruise website available and also on Facebook when there is an easy answer to all this phone P&O and tell them you dont want to go on your cruise competition prize.

Some people are never satisfied. I wish I could go on a cruise for £200, I would be off like a shot:)

Molly

Is it possible the fuel charge is for the flight especially the Caribbean, not sure if the Baltic one is a fly cruise. We have been charged £200 fuel supplement for our cruise in February.

If this is the case then you were not mislead as the charge is made by the airline NOT P&O.

Molly

.... and in this case it should be the Mail on Sunday he should be having a go at!

It stated in T&Cs of the competition that all prize winners "will be bound by P&O cruises booking conditions for details see the P&O Cruises Second Edition March 2013/2014 brochure". The booking conditions go on about charges for transportation costs including fuel so P&O have not being sneaky its the usual case of people not fully reading T&Cs and then moaning.

say what you like. But my and others complaining has lead to P&O withdrawing this surcharge

i wait and see if they try to make us pay another way.. but thanks P&O for now a real 'free' cruise :D

You do know you have to pay for alcohol on board don't you?

you think this is my first time cruising? no been on many before , RCL, NCL, Costa

So no problem with paying for things that are not included. Never had a issue there

But a fuel surcharge hidden in small print that is not normally charged to paying customers? Yes i have a problem with this sneaky charge!

you think this is my first time cruising? no been on many before , RCL, NCL, Costa

So no problem with paying for things that are not included. Never had a issue there

But a fuel surcharge hidden in small print that is not normally charged to paying customers? Yes i have a problem with this sneaky charge!

I booked a getaway fare in October, 4 weeks before sailing in November & there was a fuel charge component (it was included in the website fare, so we didnt know about it at that stage, but was itemised on the booking confirmation from the travel agent) - so paying customers are paying it.

Waney you are moaning on every conceivable cruise website available and also on Facebook when there is an easy answer to all this phone P&O and tell them you dont want to go on your cruise competition prize.

I am fed up reading about this everywhere too. Shame the prize didn't go to someone who would have appreciated it.:rolleyes:

I have paid this on my last three cruises and next four booked, whether Vantage or Getaway so it IS normally charged to paying customers.

There is a fuel supplement but it is included in the advertised prices.

Correct, if you look at your paperwork it will be mentioned. It was on our latest booking a getaway. The amount for the surcharge is included in the quoted price for the cruise.

To put an end to this, I received this from P&O, took them a few days, but its concrete now

------------------------

Good Afternoon

Our system automatically generates a booking confirmation when a booking is made therefore you would have been sent a confirmation showing a fuel surcharge. We then have to pass your booking to our management to remove the fuel which has now been done for you. Apologies that this has not been communicated to your earlier but you certainly do not need to pay the fuel. I have organised another confirmation to come out to you showing there is no balance to pay at all.

Regards

Kayleigh Brown

P&O Cruises

I won the Baltic cruise too. When they rang up they said the initial paperwork may show a fuel charge but to ignore it as they needed a supervisor to sign off on removing it. The supervisor wasn't there at the time. Nothing to pay apart from onboard extras. P&O has been extremely helpful with all my phone calls. The staff sound nearly as excited as me. It's my first cruise. I'm glad you managed to have it removed before you set off. Hope you have a great time.

glad you won and will be going on on your first cruise.

my parents will be going via waterloo monday morning

just bring some warm clothes as my friend from goteburg told me today.. a storrm just blew by and left ashed load of snow there

-2C today .......

probably also book an excursion to either bruge or brussels otherwise there wont be much to see or do the first port of call.

enjoy