New menus and ***** !!!!!

trebork

Why do people assume cost cutting when the press coverage specifically says

The line will be spending more on food and on supplies such as new silverware and plates to best present the dishes. New menus and logos have a distinctly American look.

That's right, Carnival is spending more money on food... therefore CUTBACKS!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Funny how people make up their minds with such little information. I am neither for or against the changes. I don't have enough information yet. Maybe after I try it I will form my opinion. But it does sound worth trying.

Thank you for one of the most rational comments yet. There is no way any of us have enough information about the new plan to make a decision, other than one based on emotion.

The irony in some of the trasher comments is so blatant. If you don't like Carnival, but continue year after year to patronize the line--your problem. Try another line, for heaven's sake. The negativity is draining and unproductive.

That's right, Carnival is spending more money on food... therefore CUTBACKS!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Unfortunately this quote is taken from a Carnival Press Release. Either written by Carnival themselves or their PR company.

Pretty easy when you write your own press releases.

When the costa concordia sunk and the millions in court costs..are they reqll surprised carnival is cutting back?

Costa and CCL are both subsidaries of Carnival Corp. If CCL's cutbacks are caused by the Condordia then one would expect cutbacks in the other lines owned by Carnival Corp.

If they still need money I wouldn't be surprised if other lines will cutback too. As someone who is on very low income. If these cutback help lower cruise prices I'm all for them. I mean if your having a hernia over table cloths you shouldn't be on a cruise anyways. If fancy is what your after then should go on one the more fancy cruiselines.

I have limited cruise experience, but from what I have seen, the tablecloths will not be missed by most MDR patrons. On both of the cruises I have sailed with Carnival, the way people dress in the MDR looks like they should be going to a fast food joint anyway.

The truth spoken so well...lol.

I'm all for a menu change, it's been static for a long time.

But does anyone know if they did away with cheese for desert? I don't have much of a sweet tooth and that was one of my favorite things to end a meal with.

If you look at the new menus, there is no cheese plate listed.

I got off the Liberty in Miami on Saturday; the table cloths were there at least for the Nov 30th sailing. As for the menu, I don't know if it was the new and improved version, or the old one. A cheese plate was available for desert, but the menu as a whole was unremarkable. I sent back two fish entrees that spent way too much time under a heat lamp. There seemed to be very few "healthy choices" - tons of fried stuff and starches. The dinner the first formal night was very good, but poor service - waited nearly 30min to get served - all evening had us leaving before desert.

Service overall in the dining room was hit or miss; we had Anytime Dining. Some stations were excellent, while others were slow, slow, slow. The choices up in the buffet as well as the burger joint and the Mexican place were excellent - almost wished we had eaten up there in stead of the dining room - a first for us!

This sort of thing is ship specific, so your experience on an other ship might be better.

Suzi

From one of the 30 or 40 trashers to a clear member of the defenders, I assure you that this new dining program will be a downgrade. After 26 cruises on Carnival over the last 8 or 9 years Carnival has been consistent about one thing. They are good at taking things away and telling you how they have made it better. I am afraid the new MDR dining program will be no exception. Other then rooms available upon boarding, there is a growing list of takeaways. But hey, of course I would say that, I am a "trasher". Let's agree to disagree.

After seeing the new menu's do you still feel the same way?

I got off the Liberty in Miami on Saturday; the table cloths were there at least for the Nov 30th sailing. As for the menu, I don't know if it was the new and improved version, or the old one. A cheese plate was available for desert, but the menu as a whole was unremarkable. I sent back two fish entrees that spent way too much time under a heat lamp. There seemed to be very few "healthy choices" - tons of fried stuff and starches. The dinner the first formal night was very good, but poor service - waited nearly 30min to get served - all evening had us leaving before desert.

Service overall in the dining room was hit or miss; we had Anytime Dining. Some stations were excellent, while others were slow, slow, slow. The choices up in the buffet as well as the burger joint and the Mexican place were excellent - almost wished we had eaten up there in stead of the dining room - a first for us!

This sort of thing is ship specific, so your experience on an other ship might be better.

Suzi

We were on LIberty in Oct with YTD and had great service and never a long wait. Guess it's just luck of the draw.

Suzi

This sounds like I could have written it.

I too have noticed a lot of fried stuff.

I understand. You can fry almost anything and people will eat it.

And the last couple of cruises DH and I have had dinner several times in the buffet.

It was quiet and the service was excellent, even if it was self-service.:)

It seems like the buffet experience improved as the dining room experience declined.