Where is Carnival Corp. Going???

stevenr597

Sorry if you dont believe me but saw a few NCL and HA for less than Carnival.

Overall Carnival is cheapest out there but not always.

I absolutely believe this. When I research prices I am shocked sometimes at how carnival is NOT the cheapest. Of course, I am looking at peak times bc of my kids--summer, spring break, etc. But Carnival is not always cheapest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I for one don't understand why anyone is viewing the new menus as a cheapening of the product. If anything, it looks to me like the inverse. I'm one of the first people to call Carnival out when they do something stupid or cheap but I actually really like these changes.

One small thing they're doing that I really appreciate after 29 cruises: having the waiters take drink orders. Why? Because I typically prefer to drink soda with my dinner and for the life of me I can never get reliable service from the overworked MDR bar servers who prioritize serving booze and tables ordering lots of drinks (the rest of my party usually orders wine). Involving the waiter will make sure my order gets taken and input into the computer, and also the waiter will know about the order and will be more likely to follow up if it doesn't arrive.

Just my $.02.

I for one don't understand why anyone is viewing the new menus as a cheapening of the product. If anything, it looks to me like the inverse. I'm one of the first people to call Carnival out when they do something stupid or cheap but I actually really like these changes.

One small thing they're doing that I really appreciate after 29 cruises: having the waiters take drink orders. Why? Because I typically prefer to drink soda with my dinner and for the life of me I can never get reliable service from the overworked MDR bar servers who prioritize serving booze and tables ordering lots of drinks (the rest of my party usually orders wine). Involving the waiter will make sure my order gets taken and input into the computer, and also the waiter will know about the order and will be more likely to follow up if it doesn't arrive.

Just my $.02.

Until the changes are introduced and we experience them dont know if they are better or worse.

I sail for the ports, the food is better than what i serve at home, magically our room is cleaned and the bed turned down at night. A chocolate shows up on the pillow, ice is always in the bucket.

I could pay 100's more on another cruise line or save the 100's and use in the ports. besides i work way to hard for my money, I do without a lot of things (not that it matters) so I can travel.

No table cloth on tables is no a stopper for me. Eating in a buffet is not a stopper for me. I don't have a sense of being entitled, there was no silver spoon put in this mouth, ever. nor will there ever be.

The one thing i finally have learned in life... no one judges me on what name brand clothing i don't wear, what kind of truck i drive or what cruise line i sail. No one can tell if those nice sparkling earings are diamonds or glass. If you are judging me because of material things i don't want to know you. All that matters to me is : have i used my manners, was I nice to someone today. Did i do something to pay it forward. If i can answer yes to those questions yes then i am still a good person.

:D:D. Good attitude and truly, what is really important.

Regarding the removal of Tablecloths, that is simply not possible. Have you ever looked under one? The tables are white with a plastic veneer on them. Carnival would have to replace every single table with something new if they wanted to remove table cloths, which I also don't see happening. Just MHO

They are replacing tables, according to one of the articles sited.

I sail for the ports, the food is better than what i serve at home, magically our room is cleaned and the bed turned down at night. A chocolate shows up on the pillow, ice is always in the bucket.

I could pay 100's more on another cruise line or save the 100's and use in the ports. besides i work way to hard for my money, I do without a lot of things (not that it matters) so I can travel.

No table cloth on tables is no a stopper for me. Eating in a buffet is not a stopper for me. I don't have a sense of being entitled, there was no silver spoon put in this mouth, ever. nor will there ever be.

The one thing i finally have learned in life... no one judges me on what name brand clothing i don't wear, what kind of truck i drive or what cruise line i sail. No one can tell if those nice sparkling earings are diamonds or glass. If you are judging me because of material things i don't want to know you. All that matters to me is : have i used my manners, was I nice to someone today. Did i do something to pay it forward. If i can answer yes to those questions yes then i am still a good person.

Amen! I have about had it with all the negative people about this! Give it a freaking try! Also don't complain if you don't actually follow John on FB. Your not reading the full pic of things if you don't. He has been posting all day and adding info. He will post more menus tomorrow. It looks really nice!

Also most fancy restaurants don't have linen now. That went out in the 80's!

Edited by MichelleChell

Regarding the removal of Tablecloths, that is simply not possible. Have you ever looked under one? The tables are white with a plastic veneer on them. Carnival would have to replace every single table with something new if they wanted to remove table cloths, which I also don't see happening. Just MHO

The tables are being replaced.

Just off the Freedom on a music charter...love the food, love the service, love the cruise

Southwest Airlines is not always the cheapest these days but always delivers the best value for my dollar...feel the same way about Carnival

Cutting back on the number of menu selections is smart business in terms of cost savings..they have detailed historical data, of meal selection by their guests and I bet 90+% choose 1of 3 entrees...as a stockholder, I would be more worried if they didn't do actions like this

[quote name='lifeisgoodPat']But seriously until we are on a ship that has the new menus dont see how we can say there are better or worse.[/QUOTE]

Amen!:eek: Sick of all the complaining, just give it a chance!!![/QUOTE]

Wondering why so many see this as so negative before experiencing it.

If carnival just wanted to save money, why would they spend $$$$ to hire the USHG? I would rather have a shake shack burger than 85% of the carnival entrees that I have eaten. [url]http://www.ushgnyc.com/family/restaurants/[/url]

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

FYI re: tablecloths: I live in what would be regarded as a "trendy" urban area (New York City) and I can attest to the fact that tablecloths are no longer trendy. If you go to a hip new school restaurant in New York City you can expect to see wooden or other hard surface tables, no tablecloths.

Note that the consultants Carnival used are New York City based, so it would not surprise me to see tablecloths phased out. I, for one, prefer eating on nice hard surface tables... they just feel cleaner to me for some reason and I prefer the more modern aesthetic *shrug*. If not having to launder tablecloths saves Carnival money then GREAT! This is a MUCH better place for Carnival to save money (while simultaneously modernizing) rather than actually cutting back something that matters somewhere else (like the little remaining live music on board). Edited by Dave85

[quote name='poohbare19']If carnival just wanted to save money, why would they spend $$$$ to hire the USHG? I would rather have a shake shack burger than 85% of the carnival entrees that I have eaten. [url]http://www.ushgnyc.com/family/restaurants/[/url]

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/QUOTE]

I am sure your post has something to do with something, just not the topic at hand. Commercial post maybe?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

[quote name='jimbo5544']I am sure your post has something to do with something, just not the topic at hand. Commercial post maybe?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone[/QUOTE]

He linked to the company who consulted with Carnival on the menu change. They were mentioned in the press release. Very topical and fills you in on the background and reasoning behind some of the changes. Edited by txstarla

[quote name='txstarla']He linked to the company who consulted with Carnival on the menu change. They were mentioned in the press release. Very topical and fills you in on the background and reasoning behind some of the changes.[/QUOTE]

Stand corrected.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

[quote name='golfadj']Amen!:eek: Sick of all the complaining, just give it a chance!!![/QUOTE]

Wondering why so many see this as so negative before experiencing it.[/QUOTE]

Amen to your Amen! I find the menu interesting, and look forward to experiencing soon :)

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

Menu looks awesome! :) I think "Uncle Bob" maybe behind getting Carnival back on track!

Just spent two weeks on Glory and sorry we missed this by a few weeks!

Hopefully, Entertainment improvements to follow as John has mentioned!

I don't care one way or another about a tablecloth so that won't affect me. We also decided not to do elegant night this around as it wasn't fun to dress up (we don't enjoy it but we tried it). I only hope they understand that not everyone enjoys NY Chic. Been there done that and it's not for us either (NYC and dining). What is for us? LOL I'm not sure but trendy isn't, neither is elegant night. I'd say comfortable friendly. I can't wait to try the new menu then give opinion!