Need information/hotel Fort Lauderdale

big1515

I am taking a cruise in the future (March) on HAL, but need to know of a hotel in the Fort Lauderdale area that is moderately priced ($150), has shuttle service to the airport and the pier . I would prefer a free breakfast and would like the hotel to have a good restaurant or be in walking distance of a good restaurant.

I have read reviews that have mentioned the Sleep inn and the Hilton as good choices... these reviews have also downplayed the Road Way inn as being on the par with the" Bates Motel "

$150 in March is a VERY low budget. The Sleep Inn now charges for shuttle to the pier but there is a good enough Mexican Restaurant on the block. It may be the most decent hotel in your budget.

You might be able to get the Hyatt Place Convention Center on ValueTrips for $179. They give you airport shuttle and breakfast but charge for port shuttle. There are lots of restaurants around there.

If this was me I would begin by using a search engine to find hotels and start the research from there.

March is still part of the high season and all of us on this board do not know the prices of hotels as rates do change frequently.

Keith

$150, free shuttle, and free breakfast? I think you can pick one of the three and probably get what you're looking for.

Choose hotel close to the pier and a cab ride is a mere $10.

Check out last minute travel dot com and you can see some pretty cheap rates.

We just stayed at The Hyatt Place Convention Center, very nice clean modern rooms, shuttles, free breakfast and two restaurants next door. Cab fare from pier to the airport was 14.10.

We stayed in November for 150.00 but if you can book for 179.00 grab it.

Edited by runner15km

HOtels with any kind of shuttle service (free or fee) will be nearer the airport. As stated since cab fares are pretty minimal, I'd throw the shuttle off your need list. March is peak spring break month. Find out about hotels on tripadvisor.com and recs on threads here.

Is this for two?

I am taking a cruise in the future (March) on HAL, but need to know of a hotel in the Fort Lauderdale area that is moderately priced ($150), has shuttle service to the airport and the pier . I would prefer a free breakfast and would like the hotel to have a good restaurant or be in walking distance of a good restaurant.

I have read reviews that have mentioned the Sleep inn and the Hilton as good choices... these reviews have also downplayed the Road Way inn as being on the par with the" Bates Motel "

If you are talking about the Hilton-FLL Airport there's nothing (including restaurants) within a reasonable walking distance.

Book the LaQuinta-FLL Airport now using the Promo Code: h o m e d l (without the spaces).

I forgot the issue of spring break. It is my understanding that Hal cruise lines does not attract the spring breakers. They are more attracted to Carnival in the Norwegian Caribbean. Have you heard anything good about Roadway Inn and suites

I forgot the issue of spring break. It is my understanding that Hal cruise lines does not attract the spring breakers.

This has nothing to do with hotel stay rates:o and certainly Florida does not only attract overnight cruisers in March.

Edited by eandj