Free Drink Coupon...

SoCalKJ

Last month, the coupon said, limit to $10... almost ANY drink!!!

It is easy to honor and use. Ask at c'lose to the MDR bars' during brunch hours... 8:30 - 1:00 on Sea Days... But otherwise, be honest and go to MDR and tell them you just want your free drink.

CCL is GIVING this to you!!! It's FREE... Why complain about something free?? Like another poster said, her DD bought a "cheaper" Shirley Temple with an up to $10 coupon... She could have had a Smoothie for $4.95 off the cocktail menu -- but still...

If you don't drink, I suggest the Banana Split Smoothie -- YUMMMY!!!!

Edited by LambKnuckles

Please forgive if this topic has been beaten to death, brought back to life and then re-beaten to death ad infinitum...

Why can't the free drink coupon be redeemed at ANY bar on the ship? I usually don't eat in the MDR during breakfast, lunch or brunch (dinner only...but you can't use it then....grrrr) so my coupon goes to waste every time.

What gives?

Could u go to the mdr order a drink than leave?

Just like them not advertising the Fun Farewell party with free drinks:rolleyes:

They haven't had a fun farewell party on Carnival for at least a year. They discontinued them after they quit advertising them then a month or so later used the excuse that they were poorly attended...........well duh......if you're not going to publish when and where a party is going to be then it won't be well attended........

The free drink coupons were originally designed to encourage people to come to the punchliners brunch and help disperse the crowds during breakfast and lunch on the Lido deck...........I am sure that they also calculated in that a good percentage of people wouldn't use the coupon if they restricted it to the MDR which is a win for them.........

They haven't had a fun farewell party on Carnival for at least a year. They discontinued them after they quit advertising them then a month or so later used the excuse that they were poorly attended...........well duh......if you're not going to publish when and where a party is going to be then it won't be well attended........

The free drink coupons were originally designed to encourage people to come to the punchliners brunch and help disperse the crowds during breakfast and lunch on the Lido deck...........I am sure that they also calculated in that a good percentage of people wouldn't use the coupon if they restricted it to the MDR which is a win for them.........

they never advertised the farewell party so they would ultimately have an excuse to discontinue.

was set up to fail from the beginning

The Farewell Party was always listed in the Capers/Fun Times. Usually more than once. And numerous times on CC.

To claim there was no advertising is lame. Many people knew about it and simply didn't go.

In any event, totally unrelated to the Free Drink coupon. One did not replace the other.

In the fine print only...

If they would have advertised the way they do most other things would have generated a large crowd.

It was introduced to replace the drinks in the capts dinner evening and they wanted it to be fail in spite of what some Carnival apologists will tell you.

But conveniently not in the large print like the bingo and spa specials. :rolleyes:

How big should they print it ?

I don't remember them discontinuing the Farewell party because of low attendance.

Besides- The 2 I attended were very well attended. Were they really sparsely attended ? For a chance at some free drinks ?:eek:

How big should they print it ?

I don't remember them discontinuing the Farewell party because of low attendance.

Besides- The 2 I attended were very well attended. Were they really sparsely attended ? For a chance at some free drinks ?:eek:

That is why they said they discontinued it.

That is why they said they discontinued it.
OK

Before it was eliminated I do remember a lot of griping on CC about how tough it was to get more then 1 drink

and how weak they made them. I didn't remember anyone mentioning attendance issues.

I though their brand ambassador mentioned brilliant changes with comedy brunches and a brilliant new loyalty plan.:rolleyes:

OK

Before it was eliminated I do remember a lot of griping on CC about how tough it was to get more then 1 drink

and how weak they made them. I didn't remember anyone mentioning attendance issues.

I though their brand ambassador mentioned brilliant changes with comedy brunches and a brilliant new loyalty plan.:rolleyes:

Are you sure you attended on Carnival? I don't recall anyone complaining about drinks, but then, some complain about EVERYTHING.

OK

Well the brunch part is nice but a brilliant new loyalty plan? Not hardly.

Well the brunch part is nice but a brilliant new loyalty plan? Not hardly.

We were supposed to be getting a new and improved loyalty program instead we got one where stuff was taken away. And for some reason at the same time in a horrible bit of timing they took away the farewell party.