Where did you end up after the Captain's Club Shuffle?

kelmac

What Captain's Club Category are you in?  

573 members have voted

1. 1. What Captain's Club Category are you in?

• I'm not a member of the Captain's Club
    • I'm in Preview
    • I'm in Classic
    • I'm in Select
    • I'm in Elite
    • I'm in Elite Plus
    • I'm in Zenith

thanks...I'll check it out...sure don't want to miss

cocktails in the evening that we've come to look forward

to and enjoy..not only the drinks but meeting other

CC members.

You should know for certain that if you were previously Elite that you will be no less than Elite. Cocktails for you.

We kept our elite status and are happy with that. That leaves us just 60 points short of elite plus which we will achieve on our BA to Valpariso in March. The added benefits will be most welcome, especially the internet minutes. The benefits assure that Celebrity will get my first consideration when looking to book a new cruise. I doubt that Zenith is in our future but no complaints.

No one lost any status so if you were Elite you would, at least, still be Elite. You can check by logging into Captain's Club on the Celebrity website. They show you the point conversion and your current status.

Tom

We've been Elite but now do not know what we are. How do we

find out?

Hi:) I hope you meant to say you are booked on CENTURY for April:D

Mercury is no longer in the fleet:(..she was sold more than a couple

of years ago..........

You are right, we sailed both of them. I did not even pay attention

We were Select before the change, but we were on a RCI cruise during the conversion. With that sailing we achieved Diamond with them :D:eek:, so now we are Elite :D but based on our Celebrity points we still have 35 more points to go to earn our Elite through our Celebrity cruises;)....which we'll be a little closer in just three weeks :)

Interestingly, only perks have received a mention.

What about "status"? Elites who are now Elite+ are no longer the most valued cruisers - this is a loss of status in my view.

Does anyone feel this way or is it all about the perks these days?[/QUlOTE]

I was Elite before with 31 points which translated to 930 which puts us into the Elite + category. We will definitely enjoy the additional iinterne tminutes as well as the additional laundry. But the "loss" of status doesn't bother me at all and I don't even think of it as a loss since I've now qualified for more benefits. We tend to take longer transatlantic and repositioning cruises which are loaded with 800 or 900 Elites making the party venues very crowded and unappealing. We prefer the voucher system that enables us to visit some of the other lounges that aren't so crowded. As to not feeling like the"most valued customer" on their ships, I find that Celebrity's staff makes EVERY customer feel valued and important, regardless of your CC status. We receive some very nice perks, but it's done in a quiet and classy way so as to not upset the "have nots". I don't think I would enjoy being on a ship with obvious "class" systems that identify some people as more important than others, and subsequently think of themselves as superior to their fellow passengers. I think Celebrity got it just right with the new guidelines. Of course Zenith was structured at such a high bar that very few people are likely to ever achieve it, and I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere down the road Celebrity modifies those guidelines and adds a class in between Elite Plus and Zenith to be able to actually encourage people to reach an attainable Zenith level

Carol:)

Good survey with good participation. Perhaps the same question should be asked every year so that we can see how the new system affects each level. I really see this as a plan to control costs of the Loyalty program and interested to see if the numbers over time support or deny my position.

Good survey with good participation. Perhaps the same question should be asked every year so that we can see how the new system affects each level. I really see this as a plan to control costs of the Loyalty program and interested to see if the numbers over time support or deny my position.

Of course the main objective of these changes is to help control costs for Celebrity and also to make the experience more enjoyable for the participants. It was getting to the point that the number of Elites was growing so quickly that Celebrity wasn't able to handle the number of people for the various events. The ships simply don't have a venue onboard large enough to handle all of the Elites at one time. On our Transatlantic last May, there were over 1,000 Elites and the different events had to be done multiple times - for example, there were three separate sessions for some of the functions, decks 6, 7, and 8 went at one time, decks 9 and 10 another, etc., so friends we were traveling with weren't even scheduled at the same time as us - we ended up skipping most of the events anyway because it was too crowded. Also, when half the ship is Elite, the priority tendering really didn't work that well and I really felt sorry for the non-Elites on board who were basically shut out of using the forward lounge for hours each day. I do give Celebrity credit for not taking away anyone's already-earned benefits, but something had to be done. Also, it didn't make sense that someone taking a 5-day cruise in an inside room earned exactly the same amount of credit as someone taking an 11-day cruise in a suite. Obviously no system is perfect, but overall I think Celebrity did a good job in designing the new guidelines. As I mentioned earlier, there is such a huge jump between Elite plus and Zenith that it's unlikely many people will ever qualify for the Zenith category, and I'm hopeful that someday an in-between class will be added to add incentive for the Elite plus people to get to the next level. But overall, I'm pretty happy with Celebrity and they remain our cruise line of choice.

.....Also, it didn't make sense that someone taking a 5-day cruise in an inside room earned exactly the same amount of credit as someone taking an 11-day cruise in a suite.....

Incorrect. Under the old system:

A person taking a 5 day cruise in an inside earned 1 credit.

A person taking an 11 day cruise in a suite earned 2 credits.

Select. We are a little disappointed as we had booked and paid for a cruise that would have made us Elite...

We too booked a pair of cruises in January - one in Aqua and one Concierge. We had 6 points and these 4 would have made us Elite. Actually I am quite unhappy about the change. Recognizing they can do what they want, I never would have booked the A + C classes.

I understand that if you had 7, 8, or 9 points, X gave you a bonus to even things out. Not so with us "6's." The way I figure it, I now need to book 4 or 5 7-day cruises at Concierge level to reach Elite - so that will never happen.

Although not a lawyer, I work with 10 federal judges and 8 attorneys, and I feel that X and I had a contract at the time I paid my money - i.e., I pay X extra money to get extra points (4) and you - X- give me those 4 points after these cruises which makes me Elite. Using the # of points times 30, which is what they did with the existing points, I believe I should get 120 points, which would make me Elite post-cruise.

Instead, they changed the rules after we BOTH accepted and contracted for what the rules were at the time of booking. Under the new system, I get 45 points (9 days x 5 points).

In my opinion, they should have grandfathered everyone who had booked under the old rules.

Select. We are a little disappointed as we had booked and paid for a cruise that would have made us Elite...

We too booked a pair of cruises in January - one in Aqua and one Concierge. We had 6 points and these 4 would have made us Elite. Actually I am quite unhappy about the change. Recognizing they can do what they want, I never would have booked the A + C classes.

I understand that if you had 7, 8, or 9 points, X gave you a bonus to even things out. Not so with us "6's." The way I figure it, I now need to book 4 or 5 7-day cruises at Concierge level to reach Elite - so that will never happen.

Although not a lawyer, I work with 10 federal judges and 8 attorneys, and I feel that X and I had a contract at the time I paid my money - i.e., I pay X extra money to get extra points (4) and you - X- give me those 4 points after these cruises which makes me Elite. Using the # of points times 30, which is what they did with the existing points, I believe I should get 120 points, which would make me Elite post-cruise.

Instead, they changed the rules after we BOTH accepted and contracted for what the rules were at the time of booking. Under the new system, I get 45 points (9 days x 5 points).

In my opinion, they should have grandfathered everyone who had booked under the old rules.

I believe that your contract is for your cruise, not a "free" rewards program.

Jake0810, I agree since it is the same for our next cruise. It was fully paid for prior to the change but now we will be getting a lot less points for it under the new program. At least with us we already had Elite status so it will only delay us getting to the plus level.

I believe that your contract is for your cruise, not a "free" rewards program.

People tend to focus on the elements of the case currently before the Supreme Court that concern the Rabbi; however, the case goes beyond that and includes the question of a companies right to change their Loyalty programs. We need to wait to hear what the Court rules and see if they limit what companies may do.My guess is that the current composition of the Court will favor business, but I've been surprised before.

In the "don'tbelieve what I've hear" department: Carnival is claiming that thier passenger contract does not guarantee a "safe cruise"and thus they are not responsible for Triumph problem.