Elite free laundry wash-dry-fold

BaumD

As I recall, you can't send your laundry on the final two days of the cruise. They do a pretty good job with it, but it really is "wash, dry, and fold", so you might want to be particular in what you send, since it will not be pressed when returned.

As I recall, you can't send your laundry on the final two days of the cruise. They do a pretty good job with it, but it really is "wash, dry, and fold", so you might want to be particular in what you send, since it will not be pressed when returned.

This is correct--and it's not the same as when you pay by the piece, which comes beautifully done. The coupon is good for undershirts, jeans, socks, jammies, sweats, etc., but your clothes will not look sharp or pressed. Even ladies tees are marginal to wear afterward.

If you send items that must be ironed out to the free laundry, they come back un-ironed this is true and should be no surprise.

We LOVE the perk and use the laundry coupons with non permanent press items that need no ironing (socks, undies, butcher aprons) and permanent press travel cloths (Tilley shirts, pants, jousting pads) and they always come back great! :D

22xj44.jpg

Beware the laundry. I'd never had a problem before sailing on the Infinity this spring. They mark all your clothes. The newer ships use tiny peel off labels. The Infinity wrote on the inside of my clothes in permanent marker. Which, of course, goes through to the outside of the garment. End of that garment! That was the end of sending clothes to the laundry.

If you do decide to use them, I would inquire as to what method they use to mark the clothes. Also be aware that they wash and dry everything on hot, so your clothes will shrink.

Beware the laundry. I'd never had a problem before sailing on the Infinity this spring. They mark all your clothes. The newer ships use tiny peel off labels. The Infinity wrote on the inside of my clothes in permanent marker. Which, of course, goes through to the outside of the garment. End of that garment! That was the end of sending clothes to the laundry.

If you do decide to use them, I would inquire as to what method they use to mark the clothes. Also be aware that they wash and dry everything on hot, so your clothes will shrink.

WHAT!!!!????#$%^&* :eek: A marker? :eek:

Never had anything but the peely lables... all classes....

I would be really mad if they used a marker on a $ 125.00 Tilley travel wear shirt, or $195.00 pants. :mad:

I use the laudry to wash my workout clothes, hubby's Tshirts, undies, and socks. Nothing else. I don't want my swim coverups in the dryer or hubby's trunks in the dryer so never send those out. But it is a great perk for the other stuff

Read the coupon, some cruises are two days, some three before the end of the cruise.

WHAT!!!!????#$%^&* :eek: A marker? :eek:

Never had anything but the peely lables... all classes....

I would be really mad if they used a marker on a $ 125.00 Tilley travel wear shirt, or $195.00 pants. :mad:

Yup, a permanent marker. I really think some of the crew on those sailings were on drugs. Luckily this was just a cotton shirt. I would never send anything really expensive to the laundry. I always have good clothes dry cleaned on the ship. I was hoping for a few more dry cleaning coupons with Elite+, but alas, not to be.

Yup, a permanent marker. I really think some of the crew on those sailings were on drugs. Luckily this was just a cotton shirt. I would never send anything really expensive to the laundry. I always have good clothes dry cleaned on the ship. I was hoping for a few more dry cleaning coupons with Elite+, but alas, not to be.

Mine was a marker that bled through also but I got it out when I came home, thank goodness. On Eclipse a few weeks ago it said no laundry on the final 3 days of the cruise.

I have put the two coupons for free pressing in with the laundry and its coupon with instructions on which 2 garments I wanted pressed. It has worked well twice.

On our recent cruise, the Elite coupon was for complimentary 30 items of wash and fold laundry. Our cabin steward told us we were however limited to one laundry bag, which in our case, could only hold about 10 pieces of clothing items. In the end we also stuffed in some socks. Is it normal to be limited to one laundry bag?

On our recent cruise, the Elite coupon was for complimentary 30 items of wash and fold laundry. Our cabin steward told us we were however limited to one laundry bag, which in our case, could only hold about 10 pieces of clothing items. In the end we also stuffed in some socks. Is it normal to be limited to one laundry bag?

We managed to stuff about 20 items in our bag on Connie in October. Also, DW had a free elite laundry coupon that she didn't use.

No it's not and your cabin steward was wrong :( we just returned from the Equinox two weeks ago and sent two lots both times more than one bag full. Sounds like he's thinking of a bag of laundry for $20 deal.

We have enjoyed great luck with the X laundry. This is my favorite perk.

I always mark my bags "cold water only" and wonder if the person doing the laundry reads English and/or if my request is simply ignored as you really cannot do tons of wash in different temps to accommodate each passenger.

While I am always careful about not sending delicates or expensive items I always fit in my jeans for the return home. Same for our other laundered clothing. Maybe I'm so grateful they are clean that I ignore the results?I never use hot water at home.

Does anyone KNOW that only hot water is used?

Mine was a marker that bled through also but I got it out when I came home, thank goodness. On Eclipse a few weeks ago it said no laundry on the final 3 days of the cruise.

I have put the two coupons for free pressing in with the laundry and its coupon with instructions on which 2 garments I wanted pressed. It has worked well twice.

That's a great suggestion! Have never thought of that one. Thanks for mentioning it.

We have enjoyed great luck with the X laundry. This is my favorite perk.

I always mark my bags "cold water only" and wonder if the person doing the laundry reads English and/or if my request is simply ignored as you really cannot do tons of wash in different temps to accommodate each passenger.

While I am always careful about not sending delicates or expensive items I always fit in my jeans for the return home. Same for our other laundered clothing. Maybe I'm so grateful they are clean that I ignore the results?I never use hot water at home.

Does anyone KNOW that only hot water is used?

None of us KNOW what they're doing in the laundry. We have our suspicions based on what comes back. In my experience, cotton tops came back shorter. Sox shrank considerably (I don't put them in the dryer at home). I don't wear jeans, so YMMV.

And no, the permanent marker didn't come out of my shirt when I got home. I was hoping for that, but it was not to be.

I send trousers and shirts to X cleaners that are not full cotton and they come back just fine.

In my experience, anything sent to X cleaners comes back just fine. I use them now more than the laundry. That's why it would have been fun to see a few more dry cleaning coupons as part of the Elite+ package.

Yes, more dry cleaning coupons would be great!

We did use the laundry service a lot on our last cruise where we brought our son. We sent out a bag of laundry every two days, pretty much! Fortunately we had some extra coupons left over and they accepted them with no problems. There's always more laundry with a child.

They used safety pins to pin our cabin number to several items but they did write directly on some of the tags as well. Fortunately nothing stained beyond the tag.

And again, we had some small items (underwear, socks) go missing. I keep a list of what is sent out after we had things go missing before. This time they were unable to track down the missing items but didn't really seem to care either.

They have written in DH's dress shirt when we sent that our to be laundered after 1st formal night. They wrote the cabin no on the inside of the seem with the buttons at the bottom of the front of his shirt. Wasn't an issue as he should always have that tucked in. Haven't noticed on subsequent trips but did worry in case it ended up at the wrong cabin if they looked at the previous cruise's cabin number!

We have used the laundry facilities on many cruises before & after we reached elite. I always note " cold water wash " but who knows what really happens. We have never had a bad experience with the laundry. I usually send out underwear, pajamas, slacks & polo shirts . I too have added the "pressing " coupons to a bag of laundry with success but I also write on the outside of the bag & on the laundry form what I want done.

No it's not and your cabin steward was wrong :( we just returned from the Equinox two weeks ago and sent two lots both times more than one bag full. Sounds like he's thinking of a bag of laundry for $20 deal.

Yikes!!! I had 30 pieces that fit into 2 laundry bags! I ended up having to use 2 Elite coupons - one 30 items complimentary coupon and one $20 for a laundry bag coupon. :(

Brrr....

But now I know and thanks for informing!!

We found that coloured cotton shirts etc came back okay but white lace on underwear was distinctly yellowed . Can only assume they put everything in together so beware. Also check your labels for items that shouldn't be tumble dried as clothes do seem to be a bit tighter on return ( or maybe something to do with eating too much , I don't know ! )

Dry cleaning I have no issues with - we send formal clothing out the day we get on the ship if it needs to be done (usually DH's suit(s)) No point in cleaning them and having them wrinkle in the suitcase on the trip there. Even on other lines where we don't get the perk - dry cleaning is usually pretty close to the local cleaner (minus Zips).

The regular laundry - DH's undershirts, undergarments, socks, go without issue. They usually write on the tag - the socks have been pinned together a few times. My stuff going out it varies by where we are - I'll send white cotton tunic blouses out - they get them whiter than I do at home. T-shirts - my dive shirts go out. Other items it depends on what they are made out of. Shorts I haven't had a problem with, but they aren't tight to start.