New Princess "Season of Savings" Sale!

gottagocit

Looks like my March 1 on the Sapphire will be part of the sale.Just paid final payment yesterday,though it really is not due for a few more days.Wonder if they will let us apply sale anyway and get extra OBC?Will have to wait till tomorrow and see what the actual prices are and if they will do anything.I think the samething happened on our last cruise and they did credit us for the difference.

Looks like my March 1 on the Sapphire will be part of the sale.Just paid final payment yesterday,though it really is not due for a few more days.Wonder if they will let us apply sale anyway and get extra OBC?Will have to wait till tomorrow and see what the actual prices are and if they will do anything.I think the samething happened on our last cruise and they did credit us for the difference.

You should be okay since it's before final payment. Read the small print though and make sure the new promotion isn't "for new bookings only".

I just made final payment as well yesterday for our March 1 cruise but when I checked the "sale" prices a few minutes ago, I'm still paying far less (hundreds) than the cabin next door and getting a nice OBC. Not worth bothering my TA about.

The cruise that I have been looking at is part of the sale. Is there any chance the price will be raised to offset the cost to Princess of the onboard credit? That happened to me several years ago when I waited for a big sale on Celebrity. The prices went up the exact same amount (or more) than the "special" sale discount. As of today, Princess is offering a past passenger discount on the cruise. The fine print states that the sale prices cannot be combined with past passenger discounts. I called Princess, and the representative said he had no way of finding out what the sales would be tomorrow. I am going to be annoyed if the price tomorrow is higher than I could have booked at today.

Begins tonight. Doesn't look like it'll help us as the first few months we'll be tied up (after our 'free' 5 day in early January) but maybe some of you can find a deal that works for you.

:)

It must be quite a job for someone at princess to come up

with a new sale name every couple of weeks...

The fine print does say "for new bookings only". (I wanted to make sure before I wasted anyone's time.) I got a price reduction last week before this promotion so I am happy. If I cancelled and rebooked I would lose my deposit and negate any savings. For me, not worth it. It always amuses me to browse through what is available though.

Edited by 24639
punctuation

I just got off the phone with my PVP and our eastern caribbean cruise in March dropped $400.00 for the two of us. If it drops again, we will be lowered again. The only hickup is that there is a $350.00 nonrefundable payment if we can't make it. Still have my OBC's. Yesterday the rate was $1499.00 for catagory BA, midship balcony. Our friends were able to use the "share the savings" and get the same rate. Can't beat that rate!

Hi Pam,

The website still shows 1499.00 for my catagory and my rate is 899.00. That does not sound like retail to me.

Your thoughts!

Do Princess Vacation Planners discount rates and give OBC like TA's do.....just wondering as I don't really know anything about the PVP....thanks.

The website still shows 1499.00 for my catagory and my rate is 899.00. That does not sound like retail to me.

Your thoughts!

I don't know what cruise you're on or the category you booked but going through the sale link, I found the Royal 7-day cruise on March 16th (the only one I saw on sale on March 16th.) Balconies are $798-1,179, depending on location; mini-suites start at $1,098. I didn't see anything at $1,499.

Do Princess Vacation Planners discount rates and give OBC like TA's do.....just wondering as I don't really know anything about the PVP....thanks.

No. They give you the same pricing and OBC (if any) that you would get if you booked it yourself on the Princess web site.

TA said that is is for new bookings only,so I guess we are out of luck.

In addition it says with this sale that "Deposits made under this promotion are non-refundable and non-transferable".

Some have been able to get Princess to waive this restriction but it cannot be counted upon. Thus future price reductions may be more difficult to get with this restriction. It's just one of the many things I consider before booking a cruise & my criteria may be different than others.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I talked to my TA to clarify why I could not get reduction.I booked least expensive obstructed view,which is,if I got what I booked,in the front of the ship. I got upgraded to midship,also obstructed,but very llittle obstruction and also got a $30 per person OBC from TA for group booking.If I wanted new sale I would have to go back to guarantee again and maybe not get such a good upgrade and also give up the $30 to get $25. In the end it was only $65 difference,for two people,so I said forget it.We will keep what we have.

This new sale is non-refundable deposit and not combinable with group prices.In my case it was not worth it to take new sale.

I talked to my TA to clarify why I could not get reduction.I booked least expensive obstructed view.... I got upgraded to midship,also obstructed,but very little obstruction...If I wanted new sale I would have to go back to guarantee again and maybe not get such a good upgrade.

Right, if you have a GTY booking, were upgraded, and want to take advantage of a future sale, then you do get put back in the GTY category you booked.

This has been a long time practice of Princess and is not due to restrictions of this sale.