Phoenix Rising band

gypsy lady

Their last gig was on the Star Princess to Hawaii. They left that ship on December 5 for a short vacation. They will be on the Coral Princess for the Alaskan run, but don't know when they will join the ship. I spoke to Joey (band leader). The came off the Golden for a short month stint on the Star. They were very ready for a break, but put out very good music for the 15 days I was in the Wheelhouse.

Does anyone know what ship the Phoenix Rising band is currently on? Just wondering since we were on the Golden back in July and they were playing on that ship. Nice music to dance to.

Gypsy lady

We sailed with them on the Star to Hawaii on the 15 day out of LA Nov5-20..............they left the ship at the end of last cruise and will be home for a couple of months and then be on the panama cruise .........can't remember if it is the Island or Coral but will find out and post..........

We sailed with them on the Star to Hawaii on the 15 day out of LA Nov5-20..............they left the ship at the end of last cruise and will be home for a couple of months and then be on the panama cruise .........can't remember if it is the Island or Coral but will find out and post..........

Hello....I was on your cruise. Joey said that he was going to be on the Coral when I sailed again in May. That probably means he will be on the Coral for the Panamax voyages. Don't know when the band will join the Coral after their well deserved rest in Los Angeles. I would guess he will have the holidays off and join the Coral on one of their stops in LA 2014.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried google. Nothing for them. Lots of Bands called Phoenix Rising but none fit the description. I find it hard to believe that they don't have a FB account or at least a website.

Does anyone have any info that we could look at online?:)

I tried google. Nothing for them. Lots of Bands called Phoenix Rising but none fit the description. I find it hard to believe that they don't have a FB account or at least a website.

Does anyone have any info that we could look at online?:)

I just looked too, that is starnge.

• 1 year later...

So long as they are not on Royal Princess this summer.

Had them on Island Princess in 2012 and wasn't impressed compared with other bands that played in the Wheelhouse bar. They just didn't get the audience up on their feet much and when they did they would then kill it with a song you couldn't dance to (or disappear on a break!).