20 Day Emerald Princess

TomCruises

All I can say that this was a "weird" one!Staff members were rude and as a result,many inconvenient difficult situations were encountered throughout the voyage.Although we had a nice time overall,there were many bumps.This ship will under go an evaluation/investigation because of all the issues. Princess Corporate was very understanding and helpful in resolving our concerns.

Hi Tom,

We were on the Nov 19th 10 day, I remember you from our roll call, I think. We didn't experience any problems with rude staff at all. The worst that happened was that I tried to tip a waitress in the IC last night because we are still using old coffee cards and they served us a bunch. She looked at me like I was very strange, but eventually decided to keep the envelop. Maybe I should have handed the tip to one of the guys behind the counter.

And I think my cabin steward this time was the best one ever, Antonio. Anytime waiters weren't all great, but not that bad either.

Anyway, what happened?

It would be nice if the original poster would be a little more forthcoming about the issues that are only described as "inconvenient difficult situations".

I've cruised on the Emerald a couple of times and have never encountered problems with rudeness by the staff, or anything else major.

All I can say that this was a "weird" one!Staff members were rude and as a result,many inconvenient difficult situations were encountered throughout the voyage.Although we had a nice time overall,there were many bumps.This ship will under go an evaluation/investigation because of all the issues. Princess Corporate was very understanding and helpful in resolving our concerns.

Could you be more specific as to what was so "weird"? We are sailing on her in January and very interested as to what the problems were that would cause the ship to under go a complete evaluation/investigation:confused:. Thanks!

I prefer not to be specific as to not offend anyone or their past or future travels with Princess.Simply said,Princess crew and staff failed to meet our expectations,certainly did not exceed our expectations and caused an unususual amount of inconvenience,rudeness,unresponsiveness which made our 20 day cruise less satisfying and enjoyable.

As you can see,we are booked on Regal in 2014 only due to the kindness and understanding exibited by Princess Corporate!

We know it will exceed our expectations,

Thank you!

As you can see,we are booked on Regal in 2014 only due to the kindness and understanding exibited by Princess Corporate!

Thank you!

And if it doesn't, you can come back here and not tell us about it again! :rolleyes: :D

And if it doesn't, you can come back here and not tell us about it again! :rolleyes: :D

Exactly;);). I don't understand why bother posting at all:confused:....it is very general and uninformative...IMO. We have sailed Princess 26 times with another one coming up and while not all cruises have been perfect none would fall into the category the OP is presenting.

I prefer not to be specific as to not offend anyone or their past or future travels with Princess.Simply said,Princess crew and staff failed to meet our expectations,certainly did not exceed our expectations and caused an unususual amount of inconvenience,rudeness,unresponsiveness which made our 20 day cruise less satisfying and enjoyable.

Thank you!

So . . . did "Princess Corporate" give you a free cruise on the Regal or something? :confused:

(Just asking.)

I don't understand why bother posting at all:confused:

Me neither. The effect of the OP's post (apart from causing general irritation) has been to cause concern to some posters who will shortly be cruising on the Emerald. This is most unfortunate.

Edited by aquilegia

We were on the Emerald's Thanksgiving cruise and only have high praise for the ship and crew. Everyone we met walking around the ship smiled and said hello, the food was good, MDR service friendly, can't think about anything negative except that we had to get off the ship at the end of the cruise.

I recently sailed on the Emerald and found it to be a great ship with a great captain and staff. I am sorry the OP had issues, but I don't see the point of the thread here on CC with basically no details or description even of what the issues really were. Like others have mentioned probably unrealistic expectations.

Thank you!

So, what exactly is the purpose of this thread?

Because it won't be the Emerald Princess and its staff!

Sorry I'm unable to provide more information,I was only sharing our negative experience as a whole.Not going to provide details that will not apply to others or there experience.

Just off our 3rd time on Emerald, our 2nd fav to Sapphire. You must be hard to please, she's a great ship with a great crew. We have over 90 days on Princess so not talking without experience. Ever consider it might be your attitude? Ever think on a cruise "how lucky am I"?

we have sailed on Princess a bit

I have three complaints.

One..I caught Norvo on the Crown once. Only time I have ever had it. Bad trip

Two.....some of the stage productions play for 20 years I think

three....they insist on making me get off when the cruise is over.

Hard to imagine even ONE princess staff member rude..much less hordes of them.

MY View of Princess. On the Star, I was admiring some of the big mural like paintings on the MDR. ( think it was the Star..perhaps the Crown). One of the Ship Officers was there, and he came over and pointed out interesting facts about some of the paintings to my husband and me. The artist. Some well known. He spent a good bit of time with us.

it was not his job. He just did it because he noticed our interest.

I was totally impressed. I love Princess.

Another view..Last New Year's Eve...our Trivia group won Jeopardize Trivia. The group was fantastic. From all over. Different occupations . None of us had ever met any of the others. So..the last night. The last Trivia. We were getting a little sentimental and one of the ladies in our group asked the activities Asst. to snap a picture for us on that last night. She said no. But she would join our group for the photo and then ask someone else to take the picture. She knelt in the middle and we grouped around her. And then some hugs, and misty eyes...and How Nice was she to do that? She could have snapped the pic and went away.But she did not She stayed and talked with us for a bit. Totally a class act. Again. It was not her job to do that. But she did. And she made it a special night for us.

Hard for me to imagine Princess Staff being rude. Very hard.

Edited by AmberTeka

To the OP--- You must know that all crew members, including the Cruise Director's Staff, get assigned to any ship when they start a new contract By the time you go on your compensation cruise, you could have some of the current Emerald crew that caused you so much duress, Just sayin'.

Ok, so you had a "weird" cruise, accuse the crew of being rude, and yet, you're sure it won't happen on your next cruise--all without being willing to give any concrete examples or details. What is the purpose of your post? Are we supposed to play a game of 20 Questions and try to guess what the "weird" part was? You say that corporate is investigating the ship, and again, you offer no clue as to what this investigation is all about. Are you trying to convince people not to cruise on the Emerald?