Group PlatinumBoarding Question

danny91180

This looks like another " ruffle the feathers " thread. And look at that, it worked :rolleyes:

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Would it hurt you to contribute something worthwhile to a thread? Heck, even just a few words about the topic would be nice for a change.

They are cutting back on this because too many people were taking advantage of it. Then going to guest services to get it changed to their own credit card.

They also introduced FTTF at around the time they closed the loophole. The idea was why let an uncontrollable number of people have something for free when they can charge and limit the people in the check-in/boarding area?

Galveston, Baltimore, New York, Charleston, and Boston have been vigilant in making sure only Plats, Diamonds and their minor guests are in the ViP boarding areas. I'm not sure about other ports.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

it will be interesting to see if the same scenario plays out in Feb when we again will be sailing from Tampa, but this time with our daughters and once again I'm paying for everything...

If your daughters are adults, I believe they'll have to check in using the regular line even though they're on your credit card. That's the loophole they closed.

They also introduced FTTF at around the time they closed the loophole. The idea was why let an uncontrollable number of people have something for free when they can charge and limit the people in the check-in/boarding area?

Galveston, Baltimore, New York, Charleston, and Boston have been vigilant in making sure only Plats, Diamonds and their minor guests are in the ViP boarding areas. I'm not sure about other ports.

Add Long Beach to the list. If you do not belong in the Priority building there is no way you are getting in. One cruise the gatekeeper gal was so good that pax were complaining about her, lol.

Add Long Beach to the list. If you do not belong in the Priority building there is no way you are getting in. One cruise the gatekeeper gal was so good that pax were complaining about her, lol.

Add Port Canaveral and Miami as well as no longer allowing people of same cc to board with Platinum guests....

On our Thanksgiving cruise on the Miracle, my DH, DD and I are platinum, my dad and two adult children are not. We wanted to get the embarkation photo together so we split up and planned on meeting inside the terminal when we were done and could all board together.

We went to the priority check in and they went to the regular line, they were done about 20 minutes faster than we were. We boarded together at that time which was about 12:30.

It worked out perfect for us.