"LIVE" From The Brilliance of the Seas with Trainman-2 & Judith

Trainman-2

After lunch we climbed into a cab for the ride back to the ship.

But before we got going, Judith announced that she wanted to go to a big shopping mall. Kathie wanted to go too so we talked with the driver and he suggested a nice place and off we went.

Jack & I decided to pick a nearby spot and "hang out" while the girls shopped.

So the driver dropped us off and there, right next to the mall, was the brand new Cozumel Hooters!

ZOWIE! What luck for Jack and I!

DSCN1450_zpsd3357757.jpg

DSCN1449_zpsa5b840fd.jpg

DSCN1446_zps2427f55e.jpg

DSCN1448_zps0de3948d.jpg

DSCN1444_zpsad0a77f9.jpg

So the girls went off shopping and Jack and I wandered around a bit. I found some birds that I got to hold and play with for only $5.

DSCN1451_zps753cd6d9.jpg

DSCN1452_zpsac9b91c7.jpg

DSCN1453_zps073c2dc2.jpg

DSCN1454_zps143967fb.jpg

The red bird in on my right arm decided to climb to "high ground" and was up on my hat when the "bird guy", who was taking the photos, got him off of me.

So then we went to Hooters for a Diet Coke and I made friends with two cute young girls.

They were taking photos of each other so I offered to take some of them together.

They were really nice girls, friendly, and spoke excellent English.

DSCN1455_zpsa5f903ce.jpg

We have been to Rita's Cantina on Oasis and Allure. The restaurants were pretty big and special events overflowed out onto the Board Walk. Most of the food was good. But the atmosphere was more of a loud musical party thing which we did not like.

We went to the Rita's on the Brilliance and we all agreed the rating is:

TERRIBLE!

The menu is devoted to alcoholic beverages with only one page for light snacks. There are no dinners at all!

DSCN1464_zps53a81778.jpg

The waiter was "Surley" and acted as if we were bothering him trying to ask questions.

We Got Up From Our Table and Went to the Windjammer for Dinner!

They had an excellent carved Prime Rib!

Thank you for posting food pictures from La Choza. We'll be in Cozumel in February, and we're staying at the B&B almost directly across from there. I think we'll be eating at La Choza often :)

Enjoying your review!

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

When you log off the Wi-Fi system, it tells you how many minutes you used.

Note the minutes used on the screen capture of my log off earlier this afternoon.

I was prepared for a "big fight" with Guest Relations but the next time I logged on it displayed the correct remaining balance of my account.

LogOffScrene_zps0a6831fa.jpg

when you log off the wi-fi system, it tells you how many minutes you used.

Note the minutes used on the screen capture of my log off earlier this afternoon.

I was prepared for a "big fight" with guest relations but the next time i logged on it displayed the correct remaining balance of my account.

logoffscrene_zps0a6831fa.jpg

lol

Hi Jim,,enjoying your review as usual...wondeing why they don't have Fox news,,my hubby will be very upset if he can't get his nightly O'Reilly....:eek:
Think that those of us who like Fox News should comment on the elimination of it on their Comment Cards. I will on our FR 1-12-2014 cruise. Hope I don't get flamed by posters calling it "Faux News" I'd be all for CNN and FOX both being carried.

We have been to Rita's Cantina on Oasis and Allure. The restaurants were pretty big and special events overflowed out onto the Board Walk. Most of the food was good. But the atmosphere was more of a loud musical party thing which we did not like.

We went to the Rita's on the Brilliance and we all agreed the rating is:

TERRIBLE!

The menu is devoted to alcoholic beverages with only one page for light snacks. There are no dinners at all!

DSCN1464_zps53a81778.jpg

The waiter was "Surley" and acted as if we were bothering him trying to ask questions.

We Got Up From Our Table and Went to the Windjammer for Dinner!

They had an excellent carved Prime Rib!

Thanks for your feedback and sorry it was so bad. Looks like somewhere we won't be trying in February.

Day 5 - Friday - Dec 20th - At Sea - The Voyage Home

Good Morning Everyone,

It is still dark outside, and windy. The ship is pitching and rolling moderately.

FSCN1500_zps5701778e.jpg

It looks like there is a full moon out there somewhere. I couldn't see it from my balcony but there is plenty of bright moon light.

Today I will do some more exploring around the ship and am planning lunch at the Park Cafe and dinner in the Windjammer again.

The Windjammer had a "Make your own Soup" setup last night. There were some selections of stuff, I recognized chicken, chopped scallions, and tofu chunks which I tried. I had no clue what the other stuff was.

Up put your "stuff into a strainer and then lowered it into hot water for two minutes, removed it and poured it into your bowl, and then added a broth.

It was OK but not great. A better selection of stuff would have made it much better.

DSCN1466_zpsdb5d4015.jpg

DSCN1465_zps3d64415c.jpg

Last night was the Centrum WOW Aerial Production Vignette: Aquatonica.

The Centrum was packed but I was able to get some photos. My poor little camera couldn't capture the aerialist because of the lighting but you can get the idea from the photos below.

It was Impressive!

FSCN1471_zps5a715ede.jpg

FSCN1475_zps4c4abeb0.jpg

FSCN1479_zpse89f2fad.jpg

FSCN1483_zps52ed6e0f.jpg

FSCN1486_zpsc3cfed4a.jpg

FSCN1488_zps2f96288b.jpg

I forgot to tell you that the ship was almost a hour late departing Cozumel yesterday.

A Taxi drove all the way out on the pier and unloaded 5 people right next to the gangway. The rushed on board and then we sailed.

We didn't see it but Kathie and Jack did.

I will let you know if I can get anymore details.

If you are talking about the menu, I think if you just move the decimal to the left once, thats the US price. So the 120.00 chile relleno would actually be 12.00 USD.

Someone will certainly correct me if Im wrong. :)

I'll do it, 12 MXN Peso's = 1 USD or 144 Peso's = $12. (Actually todays rate is closer to 13 but 12 is easier to use)