"LIVE" From The Brilliance of the Seas with Trainman-2 & Judith

Trainman-2

That looks like a classic french Béarnaise sauce. Basically made from butter, white wine vinegar, egg yolks and tarragon.

I think you're looking at the picture of the filet, which often comes with bearnaise. The lamb is pictured below it and most certainly is NOT with a bearnaise sauce.

DSCN1217_zps1ea287c4.jpg

DSCN1218_zpsfa6f20f2.jpg

Yes sir the biscuits and gravy are the only beef I have with Windjammer breakfast...the biscuits are sweet for Petesake! Like scones, you can't put milk gravy with sweet!!! I've sent letters even! It's a peeve since on most trips I insist on biscuits and gravy for breakfast:(

For the love of Mike, take out the sugar RCCL~!

Edited by BecciBoo

We all met up at the Embassy Suites, Tampa-Brandon, which is a great hotel, reasonably priced, and convenient to the Tampa Cruise Port.

We just returned from an excellent pre-cruise dinner!

DSCN1153_zpsd60dd543.jpg

DSCN1152_zpsf90024ae.jpg

DSCN1151_zps1751b7b1.jpg

Kathie and Judith were pleasantly surprised with the high quality of the food and the tasteful attire of the wait staff. Kathie commented that she sees much more revealing attire at the Mall.

But we enjoyed ourselves and that is what really counts!

We are meeting for the Hotel's complementary breakfast tomorrow morning at 9 am and then heading to the port to board the Brilliance.

Judith is really looking forward to visiting Key West as she has never been there. We are both having problems walking but we have all bought tickets for the "Hop On - Hop-Off" tour bus and are looking forward to seeing the city on a narrated tour and then picking where we want to go look.

In Cozumel we are going to La Choza, and excellent Mexican Restaurant well off the beaten path.

More to come...

Glad to see your on the move again Trainman, enjoy your cruise and as always thank you for your live reviews!.....K.O....:)

Oh, I need to double check our balcony assignment.....I wouldn't be happy on deck 7 with the lifeboats in the way.Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were just on the Brilliance in a cabin on deck 7 and hated looking at the cover over the lifeboats. We're on Deck 9 for our Christmas cruise next week.

We got tickets on the Conch Train which was well worth the money!

However, it was a mad house trying to board the train. Hundreds of people pushing and shoving to get aboard. They were filling trains as fast as they could and when one pulled out, another pulled up to load.

NOTE! Do not sit in a rear facing seat! We did and regretted it! It was almost impossible for me to take any decent photos sitting backwards. And we had to mentally correct the narrator's instruction to look to the right and look to the left instead.

But the tour was comprehensive and very interesting. We recommend it!

We got off and split up. The girls went shopping and Jack and I ate popcorn, fed the pigeons, and patronized the Haagan-Dazs ice creme store.

DSCN1292_zps4198d7a0.jpg

DSCN1293_zpsed78138f.jpg

Hello, Jim & Judith. Thanks once again for using your own cruising time and $$ to take us along with you on another wonderful cruise. Just loved the bridge pictures and re-living Key West through the lens of your camera.

I'm patiently waiting for more.:) Hope you're all having a great time!

I started having problems posting photos last night.

They are not displaying in my posts as they should.

Instead of the photo, a little symbol appears in the post.

I edited several of the posts and they are correct. I checked PhotoBucket and something seems to be a bit "funny" there. Several other web sites that I visit regularly are also acting "funny".

I don't know if you good people are having problems viewing the photos or not. Please let me know.

Here is a direct link to where I am posting the photos on PhotoBucket. If you can't see them on Cruise Critic, you should be able to see them there.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Trainman-2/library/2013%20Brilliance%20December?sort=3&page=1

I started having problems posting photos last night.

They are not displaying in my posts as they should.

Instead of the photo, a little symbol appears in the post.

I edited several of the posts and they are correct. I checked PhotoBucket and something seems to be a bit "funny" there. Several other web sites that I visit regularly are also acting "funny".

I don't know if you good people are having problems viewing the photos or not. Please let me know.

Here is a direct link to where I am posting the photos on PhotoBucket. If you can't see them on Cruise Critic, you should be able to see them there.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Trainman-2/library/2013%20Brilliance%20December?sort=3&page=1

Yes, unfortunately I cant see some of your great photos on CC, so went to check them out on PhotoBucket but it says most of the photos have been moved or deleted on the thumbnails, but if you click on them, some of them do display.

Thanks for taking the time to provide your updates, I'm following along as we're taking this itinerary in Feb, and the first time for us out of Tampa.

Edited by peteukmcr