Pier rescue in Grand Turk

Copper10-8

Well it were ain't me that tripped!!!!!!

I was on the corner of the aft pool deck of NIEUW AMSTERDAM watching as the COSTA LUMINOSO sailed from the pier at Grand Turk. Got some great photos of the LUMINOSO!

Stephen

How are you? Glad to see you're travelling again!:)

My guess: he was backing up and looking up to take a picture of the ship and tripped over something.

Or daydreaming and walked right off the pier. Or looking only at the ground as he ambled off the pier.

I live in a university town. I always said anyone knew when they were in such a town by the number of persons talking to themselves as they strolled along. And if they also proceeded to walk into a lamp post, they they were probably mathematics professors!

So there you go with yet another possibility: ye olde professor.

:);):) Spoken like someone who knows a bit about that concept!

You are correct John, every now and then you start to frown and occasionally moan; “oh no, not another exercise”, but when everything works out in a real event, you see everything in the correct perspective.

By the way, thinking of a post navy career for me has been put on a hold, have accepted promotion to officer in July, but that also comes with an extra 3 years contract.

Nice to earn some extra money to invest in some nice cruises that are still on my wish list. Maybe in the future you can spot me during a formal in my navy dress :D

Thanks for posting the link. As a mum of two who is about to board one of the DAM ships for our second family cruise it puts my mind to rest (in this area) that staff are ready, willing and able - the last point being especially comforting.

I don't know the exact circs as to how this gentleman fell into the water. I know Paul and can certainly find out. The first time Paul saved someone was in New Zealand (Paul is an Aussie, no doubt about that;)) and that (also) elderly passenger was, as has been correctly assumed here, backing up, without knowing/paying attention to his whereabouts, as he was taking pics of some vintage cars parked on/near the pier as part of a car show. When he ran out of real estate, he went in head over heels and Paul, having seen it happen, did not hesitate to go after him, saving that gent's life. Like I said, Paul has a habit of getting involved, having now saved the lives of at least three individuals/passengers that I'm aware of

Maybe about time to issue him a Lycra style, fast drying uniform :D:D:D

You are correct John, every now and then you start to frown and occasionally moan; “oh no, not another exercise”, but when everything works out in a real event, you see everything in the correct perspective.

By the way, thinking of a post navy career for me has been put on a hold, have accepted promotion to officer in July, but that also comes with an extra 3 years contract.

Nice to earn some extra money to invest in some nice cruises that are still on my wish list. Maybe in the future you can spot me during a formal in my navy dress :D

Proficiat on the promotion to officer! I'll be on the lookout for you! Next time you are heading for L.A., let me know

http://navaltoday.com/2013/09/04/hnlms-amsterdam-safeguards-the-caribbean/

Proficiat on the promotion to officer! I'll be on the lookout for you! Next time you are heading for L.A., let me know

http://navaltoday.com/2013/09/04/hnlms-amsterdam-safeguards-the-caribbean/

They just returned last friday after an extremely succesfull deployment.

I might be in LA for a two weeks course in March, nothing certain yet.