Just a little frustraited

cowgrlkirby

I am in need of advice...We are going to be in port from AM-PM Cozumel time. What is there to do? Do we really have time to enjoy the port? This is our first time in this port and we want to have a great time but what is there to do in that short period of time in port?

I am in need of advice...We are going to be in port from AM-PM Cozumel time. What is there to do? Do we really have time to enjoy the port? This is our first time in this port and we want to have a great time but what is there to do in that short period of time in port?

What do you want to do? :confused: What were your port times? :confused:

Cozumel is an island, so most of the activities revolve around the beach and the water -- snorkel, beach clubs, scuba, swim with the dolphins, etc.

The above mentioned Mr. Sanchos is a good beach club, especially the all-inclusive (food and drinks) side. If you prefer pay-as-you-go check out Paradise Beach. If you want to snorkel from the shore, check out the Money Bar. If you want to drink, see the island, and make new friends check out the Bar-Hop.

Good luck! :)

Money Bar is my favorite place in Cozumel. Amazing food, great drinks, incredible snorkeling.

I really enjoyed the manatee swim at Chankanaab park, as well as the snorkeling. More expensive day than Money Bar though! They also have some (basic) zip lining, and what looked like beautiful gardens to walk through, but it was pouring while we were there, so we skipped that.

I checked the Paradise itinerary and I think they are in port from 7 AM to 3 PM.

I have ordered a beer for breakfast at about 9:00 AM at Paradise beach in the past -- I seem to recall it was tasty! :rolleyes:

OK guys...sorry I didn't put the times that we are in port...guess I should have proof read it twice...lol We are in port from 6-2 Cozumel time. We would love to do an A.I. but is it worth the $ since we are going to be there such a short time. And I would love suggestions on places to get REAL Mexican pottery ;)

With your time frame you will probably need to decide between an AI or just seeing the town and shopping and eating and/or drinking there. I would suggest the short ride to El Centro, the old town square for better shopping and beer or drink prices...You could do as we did in Oct and go to the Money Bar, stay as long as you can, pay as you go, and then head to El Centro for your shopping. There is no problem walking the back streets down there either as wife and I do it all the times. Probably a better chance of the pottery you are looking for.There are lots of reviews and photos of Money Bar here. Photo is from the El Centro area.

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

SANY2619.jpg

print screen windows

Next March will be in the INTERNATIONAL dock on the Grandeur OTS. I use a power wheelchair and would like to stay around the dock. Last time we were there, we visited the shopping area around the dock and were able to move well in my chair.

I understand ACROSS THE MAIN ROAD from that dock (International) there is a shopping mall with some new stores and a couple of restaurants ... Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Rebeca and Herb ;) :confused:

If you are there from 6-2, you are there for 8 hours...which is basically the time most ships are in port (yours is just a different time frame-like most are there from 8-4 or 9-5). You will have plenty of time to go somewhere and do something, whether it be an AI or a pay as you go. :)

Next March will be in the INTERNATIONAL dock on the Grandeur OTS. I use a power wheelchair and would like to stay around the dock. Last time we were there, we visited the shopping area around the dock and were able to move well in my chair.

I understand ACROSS THE MAIN ROAD from that dock (International) there is a shopping mall with some new stores and a couple of restaurants ... Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Rebeca and Herb ;) :confused:

You should start a new thread. Most people who open this thread will be looking for, or prepared with, information about Money Bar- which is not in the port area.

Sorry I cannot help you, as I've never been at the International pier.

You should start a new thread. Most people who open this thread will be looking for, or prepared with, information about Money Bar- which is not in the port area.

Sorry I cannot help you, as I've never been at the International pier.

I would ask this question in the forum area for disabled cruisers. My fiance is a paraplegic in a manual chair, and we get lots of good info there! :)

Last month we booked Nachi Cocom and really enjoyed it, but it did not open until 9:00 (Coz time), so it would probably not be worth your while.

We also did this last month. We got there at 8:30 am and they brought us to our chairs and palapa. The bar didn't open until 9am and restaurant at 10 am. We had an incredible time. lOVED IT!! The difference is we were able to stay until 3pm due to sail time 5pm. We got 6 1/2 hours on beach and in pool. The drinks were great and never ending. The food and service awesome. On the op itinerary, the might get there at 8:30 am but would have to leave no later than 1 pm IMO.