What is the best thing to do at Grand Cayman?

123linz123

Agreed, the stingrays are a must if you've never been there. We've ALWAYS booked through Captain Marvin's. Small boats that give you one on one personal touch to your trip. We've had as few as 11 on our boat out there. They have a web site, so check them out! Have fun!

We've been there twice, both times took transportation at the port (basically a small bus) and went to Seven Mile Beach. I believe the section was Sea Grape Beach. It was nice, but nothing spectacular. Prices for food and drink are higher than most other ports. Also, we walked around the port area, went into shops, stopped for a beer. Nothing too exciting that I saw in the immediate area.

I definitely do want to do the stingray excursion, but I have to talk DH into it!

Stay on the ship, LOL. I have been to Grand Cayman three times and have never been impressed with that island. It is a tender port which is a PITA.

We snorkeled there once and did see some colorful fish. So that's an option...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

In your opinion, and any trip reviews very welcome. Thank you

We really enjoyed the 4 x4 adventure. It was literally the first excursion on a cruise we ever took. it as awesome. great tour guide, got to drive around and see the island as we made stops in Hell, the post office, the rum factory, the national park they had, and then they had a nice brunch with bbq chicken, salad, buffet. Then we got to hang out at the beach and snorkel for a bit. After words we went back in to town and walk around for a couple hours. yes this was on a carnival excursion off the Legend. ( which shouldnt be getting aussified by the way)

We usually taxi over to the Marriott. It was $12 for a towel and chair. They have an artificial reef for snorkeling, a pool, and an outdoor bar. Not sure if the price has gone up. We haven't been there in two years. Great beach day.

We were there last December and went on the ships excursion to a beach club on seven mile beach.They have different beach clubs with chairs and resturants and bands.It is only a few dollars by taxi if you dont want to do the excursion, we took a taxi back to the ship because we wanted to stay longer at the beach.Iheard that swimming with the stingrays is fun.Seven mile beach is beautiful and the water is great.

Stay on the ship, LOL. I have been to Grand Cayman three times and have never been impressed with that island. It is a tender port which is a PITA.

We snorkeled there once and did see some colorful fish. So that's an option...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Funny, the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread was "stay on the ship!" I do not care for Grand Cayman either. So Americanized and very expensive. Then the whole tendering process, ugh!!! A water excursion would be good though if they have to get off since it would at least be exciting-then get back on the ship ASAP because that's all there is.

Sea day the tendering makes it a miserable experience. But. If you make it to the island the 7 buck cokes are great!!!

IMO, if you're not going to get off the ship and visit the ports, why take a cruise? Go to an AI resort in Mexico and save yourself some time, money and aggravation.

I vacation in Cayman a half a dozen times a year, and I have yet to see a $7 coke. Beer, yes, but I've never seen coke cost that much unless there was rum in it. :grin: What catches people off-guard is that pretty much all menus are in CI$ (CI$1 = $1.20US) and most bars/restaurants include the tip in the final total. Yes, it's more expensive than "small town America" but prices are on par with tourist destinations like DisneyWorld or big cities like NYC.

The stingrays are a must see at least once in your life. Any excursion that visits Stingray City would be my recommendation. They are wild stingrays that are accustomed to hanging around with the tourists on a sandbar out in the ocean. It's absolutely amazing. We never get tired of it.