Booked another cruise BUT

Wastegirl

Well after two cruises with HAL and another coming up in March 2014 (101 days) we thought we had better book another cruise so that when we get off the Oosty in March we have something to look forward to.

Problem, HAL really only has the Oosterdam here in Australia with the Volendam doing only one round Australia then up to Asia which doesn't fit in with our dates.

So in the end a Celebrity Solstice cruise fitted time, price and destination. But how am I going to do without a Promenade Deck and Unlimited Laundry Package. How will I survive having to do washing in the sink :(

Methinks DH and I will miss HAL but there is always Sydney to Singapore in late 2015 hopefully.

Well after two cruises with HAL and another coming up in March 2014 (101 days) we thought we had better book another cruise so that when we get off the Oosty in March we have something to look forward to.

Problem, HAL really only has the Oosterdam here in Australia with the Volendam doing only one round Australia then up to Asia which doesn't fit in with our dates.

So in the end a Celebrity Solstice cruise fitted time, price and destination. But how am I going to do without a Promenade Deck and Unlimited Laundry Package. How will I survive having to do washing in the sink :(

Methinks DH and I will miss HAL but there is always Sydney to Singapore in late 2015 hopefully.

It's a cruise - you'll have a great time, regardless.;)

Can't you walk around the top deck on Celebrity?

Can walk is subjective.

Some people walk on ropes in a circus.

So technically one can walk on the top deck on Celebrity.

However, Celebrity Solstice has no promenade deck. Upper deck is clustered with loungers.

Where the Solstice shines is "floating hotel style retirement cruising".

Can walk is subjective.

Some people walk on ropes in a circus.

So technically one can walk on the top deck on Celebrity.

However, Celebrity Solstice has no promenade deck. Upper deck is clustered with loungers.

Where the Solstice shines is "floating hotel style retirement cruising".

We walked on the top deck with no problem. Yes it is not a promenade but it works fine.

Indeed, you are still on a cruise :D Go with an open mind and you will most likely find some things you like better than HAL - you'll probably find some things you miss from HAL too;)

different lines have different features.

do come back and share your experiences with us. It will be interesting to hear:D

And, if you would like a Bon voyage, you can still post on the future cruise listing :D We post any cruise for the HAL board regulars :)