Black, black and more black!!!!

CruzyMary

Frankly if the dress looks fantastic on you, it doesn't matter what the color, it still looks fantastic. If you need a bright color to be a standout, then maybe you need to re-evaluate the style itself.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

If I saw you wearing the picture dress you posted below # 391 you would stand out :). It would not matter what your hair looked like.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1873768&page=20

Have a Merry Christmas

M

Who is talking about "settling" or "giving up"? I haven't given up at my age trying my best to look as nice as possible but I do NOT believe that women need to be harder on themselves and I disagree with the judgmental ideals that others try to foist up us. YOU want to be harder on yourself - go right ahead but I'm of the belief that we can all be our best selves without competition or comparison. I've spent my entire life trying to live to standards to please OTHERS - now I please myself.

I totally agree with you; I dress for myself and wear whatever I please. Giving advice is one thing, preaching is known is all. There are a few like that.

Merry Christmas

M

Who is talking about "settling" or "giving up"? I haven't given up at my age trying my best to look as nice as possible but I do NOT believe that women need to be harder on themselves and I disagree with the judgmental ideals that others try to foist up us. YOU want to be harder on yourself - go right ahead but I'm of the belief that we can all be our best selves without competition or comparison. I've spent my entire life trying to live to standards to please OTHERS - now I please myself.

You might not have given up, but far too many do. I'm sad for them.

I dress for myself. I love lots of color in my closet. But every once in a while I will wear black. There are times that I go into a store and will try a dress on that I have seen lots of women wear. But the dress doesn't look good on me, looks great on them. I just have my own style and taste in clothing.

Edited by geocruiser

You might not have given up, but far too many do. I'm sad for them.

Well I am sad for you - that you believe that you can decide who has "given up" or not - wow! :eek: I have a SIL who is very wealthy, happily married, slender and does not wear any makeup or color her hair - as long as I've known her she never has. Has she given up or is she just being who she has chosen to be? She will attend a formal weekend function and amazes me when she flies in with a small carry on. She hasn't given up - she just has chosen to live her life the way she sees fit and she is beautiful and happy. Pretty presumptuous when we think we should judge others - weight, clothes, etc. Life is too short.

Well I am sad for you - that you believe that you can decide who has "given up" or not - wow! :eek: I have a SIL who is very wealthy, happily married, slender and does not wear any makeup or color her hair - as long as I've known her she never has. Has she given up or is she just being who she has chosen to be? She will attend a formal weekend function and amazes me when she flies in with a small carry on. She hasn't given up - she just has chosen to live her life the way she sees fit and she is beautiful and happy. Pretty presumptuous when we think we should judge others - weight, clothes, etc. Life is too short.

Your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

I totally agree with you; I dress for myself and wear whatever I please. Giving advice is one thing, preaching is known is all. There are a few like that.

Merry Christmas

M

Totally agree, also. Much different if someone comes here and asks how or what they should wear. When someone starts saying how someone should dress when the question hasn't been asked, it is quite presumptuous.

To top it off, anyone giving Marie advice as to how to dress is laughable. She's the last one who needs advice.:)

Your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, an opinion is a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty. There is no way of knowing a person has given up simply by looking at them. You are projecting your beliefs on them which is rather unfair and, I'll use that word again, presumptuous.

Edited by iheartbda

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Forums mobile app

We are all entitled to our opinions, but sometimes these opinions are best left unexpressed, especially if they hurt others.

I have never called anyone out. I have never said anything that would identify anyone specifically. If someone is hurt, perhaps they need to think about why.

I do color all week...and as far as my body size, I'm thinking it's not going to get too much better than where I am.....that means I know I'm never going to be a size 2. I personally love wearing black on cruises...it's easy for me to pack and I hardly EVER have the chance to wear it anywhere but a cruise, because we are pretty boring when we are home. We patronize small businesses that know us and we can dine in our work clothes....and most of mine are NOT black. Here I am wearing my favorite blouse three weeks ago on the Celebrity Reflection!

178841760_2013-12-1221_21_59.jpg.65412e3848f9c9980db9338f9d3d3328.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Forums mobile app

We are all entitled to our opinions, but sometimes these opinions are best left unexpressed, especially if they hurt others.

Welcome to the internet ladies.

I read through the entire thread and I didn't find Ducklite's comments ofensive. I don't think she was saying that just because you are dressed in black you have "given up", but I think we have all seen dress pictures posted here that we would never be caught dead in for a number of reasons. Yes, we should all dress for ourselves and in a perfect world we would all be happy with ourselves and the way we looked everyday. But if you don't think the world judges you on your outward appearance, then you are being naive. Should you care? That's not for me to say.

Welcome to the internet ladies.

I read through the entire thread and I didn't find Ducklite's comments ofensive. I don't think she was saying that just because you are dressed in black you have "given up", but I think we have all seen dress pictures posted here that we would never be caught dead in for a number of reasons. Yes, we should all dress for ourselves and in a perfect world we would all be happy with ourselves and the way we looked everyday. But if you don't think the world judges you on your outward appearance, then you are being naive. Should you care? That's not for me to say.

Thank you and exactly. I usually dress in black because it's a good color on me. I'm wearing it right now.

I think that some people hit a point in their life where whether they are aware of it or not they have given up. You've seen them, wearing PJ's in the grocery store, wearing dumpy looking sweatpants and a stained t-shirt with unbrushed hair, the list goes on. When a person stops caring about how they look, as far as I'm concerned they have given up.

I think that some people hit a point in their life where whether they are aware of it or not they have given up. You've seen them, wearing PJ's in the grocery store, wearing dumpy looking sweatpants and a stained t-shirt with unbrushed hair, the list goes on. When a person stops caring about how they look, as far as I'm concerned they have given up.

There are a lot of people who have lost interest in their appearance but they are not on this board . All I have seen on the fashion board are women who are very interested in looking great and they do .

There are a lot of people who have lost interest in their appearance but they are not on this board . All I have seen on the fashion board are women who are very interested in looking great and they do .

I disagree. Caring about your appearance entails more than buying a pretty dress.

WOW:eek:....I thought this particular thread was about wearing black or

other colors in dresses on a ship:)

I didn't realize it was an internet therapy session on what people think

others think about themselves because of what they wear:eek:

WOW:eek:....I thought this particular thread was about wearing black or

other colors in dresses on a ship:)

I didn't realize it was an internet therapy session on what people think

others think about themselves because of what they wear:eek:

And don't forget the part where if they think positively about themselves but don't follow rules set by others, they are wrong. sheeeeessshhhh!

And don't forget the part where if they think positively about themselves but don't follow rules set by others, they are wrong. sheeeeessshhhh!

They might call it positive thinking, others see it as denial.