Xmas Cruises

Wolfie_Bill

Hi I just wondered if members could offer some advice on the subject of Xmas cruises?

We are approaching retirement, have two VERY grown up children, who will be with us this Xmas and have been since they were born and I'm thinking that not least my poor wife needs a break next year!!

I quite fancy a 7 - 10 day cruise down to e.g. The Canaries, although I'm reasonably flexible on where, I would prefer to sail & return to the British Isles. The key thing is to miss "the Xmas festivities" aka bl**dy hard preparation work, so arrive back around 28th Dec 2014.

Any idea who sails to meet this criteria?

Not up on which lines do this itinerary, but our last three cruises were the holiday time ones round trip LA to Hawaii on Princess that included Christmas and New Years. I would guess that any cruise you did that includes December 24/25 would have a lot of Christmas festivities and music. But at least you're not doing the cooking and you don't have to be on the road with people who may be driving under the influence of potent egg nog.

we have been on three Christmas cruises in the past. I can't tell you what cruises are available in your neck of the woods at that time of year but I will tell you that I think you would really enjoy it. Especially a smaller ship, the one time we went on a mega ship it was very crowded at Christmas. Lots of families, we didn't mind the kids so much since they were with family. My favorite part has always been avoiding the Christmas rus att home.

We would cruise every Christmas if we could afford it. it's also a good way to avoid having to hassle seeing family members you really don't want to see.

We personally love cruising at Christmas- though we always had our sons with us. Reduced stress at home, total relaxation during the cruise, and no Christmas tree to put away once we were home. The ship was lovely with decorations everywhere and the weather in our area (Caribbean) was delightful. Each of us drew a name and bought that person a $20 gift at a port on the trip- fun to select and a great memory.

Fred Olsen doesn't attract vast numbers of children; Cunard and P&O have childrens' clubs, which occupy much of the day.

The big family P&O ships, Ventura and Azura, are away in the Caribbean; the other two family ships are Aurora and Oceana; the other three ships are adult only.

There's also Saga- usually for the over 50s, but one ship is still for the over 21s, I believe.

Check with Cruise and Maritime- small, older ships- I think one was sailing out of Tillbury? (someone correct me....:confused:).