On the Quest right now

dln929

Hello everyone! I am on the Quest right now--rocking and rolling. It's been a bumpy ride thanks to storms in the Atlantic. No matter. We're having a marvelous time. The ship is everything I dreamed of and more. Rob and I picked a very good way to celebrate the holidays!

I was speaking with Captain Jose today. Today is his daughter's 25th birthday and on the 24th, it will be his. Can we all wish him a very happy day? He'd be tickled pink about it. He thinks Cruise Critic is the best thing since sliced bread (smart Captain!). At our Meet & Greet he said that a ship full of nothing but Cruise Critic members would be the best ship he could captain. He likes us very much and appreciates the goodwill towards Azamara. I think we're lucky to have him as Master of the Quest. He's smart and funny and so personable. Just the person you want to represent a ship as lovely as the Quest.

Some miscellanea about our experience (48 hours on board :D). This ship is FAST. I couldn't believe how fast we pulled out of Miami. The breeze would give you pneumonia.

You're going to bump into people. The ship is small. Exit doors are located near signage or restrooms on many of the decks, so keep your wits about you and watch out for other people coming your way. Fortunately people on Azamara ships are generally in very good moods and very polite!

The food is fabulous! The drinks are poured with abandon. My first impression of the service is that it's very gracious--whether it's at cocktail time or dinner time. The tables settings are lovely. Lots of gleaming glassware.

The shower is small but there's a little window of sorts and it doesn't feel claustrophobic at all. The cabin (we have a balcony) is cozy and much prettier than it looks in photos.

That's about it for now. Dinner awaits. We're having a marvelous time. Oh! I figured out the warm & cuddly feeling: it's that the officers and staff spend the time with passengers and talk to them. You can't beat all the interaction you see and all the happy conversations that go on.

Edited by dln929

Glad Azamara is living up to your expectations. Have a wonderful cruise (you will, I'm sure.) Can't wait to be aboard Quest again...just a few short weeks.

p.s. Happy Birthday to Captain Jose...looking forward to meeting him.

Edited by mare s.

Hi Deidre,

Thanks very much for your update. I do not know much about Captain Jose, other than his bio posted a few weeks ago. It's nice to hear that he enjoys Cruise Critic, and I'd love to have Azamara's Captains as Guests on a future Q & A session. It's something I plan to discuss with CC and Azamara very shortly.

We hope to hear from you when time permits. Please wish everyone onboard Quest, Happy Holidays & New Year from Myself, and our Cruise Critic community.

Happy Holidays & have a wonderful time on Quest !

So glad you are enjoying your Azamara experience. Captain Jose sounds like he has been a great hire, truly in the Azamara mould.

Have a wonderful Christmas onboard, thanks for posting and pop by when you can with news

So glad you are "getting" what an Azamara cruise is all about.

Captain Jose sounds like he has fitted in well and from what I have heard from friends onboard he is also very well respected by the officers and crew. Please wish him a Happy Birthday and a Merry Christmas from all of us on CC if you get the chance.

I hope the seas have calmed down for you now and that you have a wonderful cruise on my favourite ship. :)

Thanks so much for the post. We are first-time Azamara cruisers sailing in less than 2 months (OMG!:eek:) and it's so good to hear great things about the ship and its captain.

I am looking forward to a great sailing and your report is very reassuring.

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and all aboard the Quest.

Hi Deirdre

Having left the beautiful Quest only two days ago, we totally agree with your thoughts on Captain Jose. He is a great ambassador for Azamara and we wish him and his crew well, especially those who are separated from their loved ones during this festive period.

We attended the AzAmazing evening which was held on board the USS Yorktown (Charleston) We were greeted on board this retired naval aircraft carrier by Captain Jose. Walking through the Medal of Honor Museum was quite an emotional journey which displayed exhibits and artefact relating to those who lost their lives to ensure our safety. We congratulated Ryszard (Hotel Director) on what can only be described as AzAmazing. Everything was organised perfectly and Ryszard and his team worked incredibly hard to ensure everyone had a great evening.

Of course I could go on and on but the jet lag is talking bedtime. So Deirdre, we know you'll have a great time and say hi to everyone and if you pass the Looking Glass early evening please say a special hi to Pam from Darwin. We met her on previous cruises and hope to meet up again. Phil, you know the lady - white wine with ice!

Happy holidays all

and if you pass the Looking Glass early evening please say a special hi to Pam from Darwin. We met her on previous cruises and hope to meet up again. Phil, you know the lady - white wine with ice!

Happy holidays all

Hey Robert, I do indeed remember Pam from Darwin. In fact I'm really cross that I've lost her email address. I was looking for it last week as I'm hoping she will be on Journey with us on 15th April 2014. Fingers crossed she booked it because I gave her my Friends and Family Passages certificate to use when I met her in May.

Glad you enjoyed Quest so much and it's great to read the positive feedback on Captain Jose.

Phil

Deirdre,

I knew from your posts that you would love the Quest and am delighted you are having such a good cruise.

Captain Jose sounds a gem and I hope he has a lovely birthday tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and looking forward to reading more of your thoughts when you get back.

Hi Deirdre

Having left the beautiful Quest only two days ago, we totally agree with your thoughts on Captain Jose. He is a great ambassador for Azamara and we wish him and his crew well, especially those who are separated from their loved ones during this festive period.

We attended the AzAmazing evening which was held on board the USS Yorktown (Charleston) We were greeted on board this retired naval aircraft carrier by Captain Jose. Walking through the Medal of Honor Museum was quite an emotional journey which displayed exhibits and artefact relating to those who lost their lives to ensure our safety. We congratulated Ryszard (Hotel Director) on what can only be described as AzAmazing. Everything was organised perfectly and Ryszard and his team worked incredibly hard to ensure everyone had a great evening.

Of course I could go on and on but the jet lag is talking bedtime. So Deirdre, we know you'll have a great time and say hi to everyone and if you pass the Looking Glass early evening please say a special hi to Pam from Darwin. We met her on previous cruises and hope to meet up again. Phil, you know the lady - white wine with ice!

Happy holidays all

We too got off the Quest last Friday. It was our first Azamara cruise and I can only endorse what Rob has written. The Yorktown experience was truly well done and beautifully organised. And yes, Captain Jose is a charmer - and so are many of the other officers!

There were so many things that impressed us, including the friendliness of the service, and there have been so many comments about so many aspects of Azamara, but the last thing that stayed with us was the disembarkation procedure. We have never experienced such a smooth and painless "parting of the ways" on any other cruise. The only problem was that we didn't want to leave!

Hopefully we will cruise Azamara again soon, and I hope that all who are aboard the "Quest" now have a wonderful cruise and enjoy the Holiday Season.

At the risk of being redundant, we too sadly left the Quest on 12/20. Along with Joy R and the many other wonderful folks who have already commented, we wish to add our praises to the wonderful Captain Jose who was always around and about -- friendly and charming. He is a perfect fit for Azamara! The Azamazing Evening was absolutely an outstanding event. The entire operation was run smoothly and professionally and continuously watched over by Ryzard, Russ and other staff members to insure we all enjoyed the wonderful food, beverages, entertaintment onboard the USS Yorktown. Can't thank Azamara enough for a very memorable event and cruise.

Jan & Frank

Edited by shoesonfire

Hey Robert, I do indeed remember Pam from Darwin. In fact I'm really cross that I've lost her email address. I was looking for it last week as I'm hoping she will be on Journey with us on 15th April 2014. Fingers crossed she booked it because I gave her my Friends and Family Passages certificate to use when I met her in May.

Glad you enjoyed Quest so much and it's great to read the positive feedback on Captain Jose.

Phil

Hi Phil, I am able to confirm that Pam will indeed be on the Suez Canal cruise with you and yes she used the certificate you give her. I have a feeling that Pam mentioned that she also lost your email address but was really looking forward to seeing you again April 14. She is on the Quest until LA and she was in cabin 6077 when we left. I know she would dearly love to hear from you.

Hi Phil, I am able to confirm that Pam will indeed be on the Suez Canal cruise with you and yes she used the certificate you give her. I have a feeling that Pam mentioned that she also lost your email address but was really looking forward to seeing you again April 14. She is on the Quest until LA and she was in cabin 6077 when we left. I know she would dearly love to hear from you.

Thanks so much Robert. I'll see if I can get a message to her on the ship. All the best.

Phil

I just had a text from Deirdre - said to let everyone know that the Azamazing evening onboard was fantastic.

Thanks Sandi. I hope Deidre is having a wonderful time on Quest. Happy Holidays !

Edited by Host Andy

Thanks Sandi. I hope Deidre is having a wonderful time on Quest. Happy Holidays !

We are having the best time and Happy Holidays to you too! I've been unable to post much because the computer keeps eating my replies. :(

Azamazing Evening was more fun than anyone should be allowed. Followed by the White Night party which was even more fun. We danced our fool feet off. You had to elbow your way onto the dance floor as it was so crowded!

Russ says hi to you Andy. What a great Cruise Director he is. He puts his all into it.

We adore Captain Jose. So funny and personable and a great conversationalist.

The gelato is to die for.

This is the most relaxing, stress-free cruise we've ever been on. We're in a blissful state of mind right now.

Love Azamara!

We are having the best time and Happy Holidays to you too! I've been unable to post much because the computer keeps eating my replies. :(

Azamazing Evening was more fun than anyone should be allowed. Followed by the White Night party which was even more fun. We danced our fool feet off. You had to elbow your way onto the dance floor as it was so crowded!

Russ says hi to you Andy. What a great Cruise Director he is. He puts his all into it.

This is the most relaxing, stress-free cruise we've ever been on. We're in a blissful state of mind right now.

Love Azamara!

Glad to hear it. Enjoy!! Merry Christmas!

Love Azamara!

Hi Deidre,

I'm so happy to hear you are having a great cruise. Totally agree how Azamara is soooooooo relaxing. I miss that, when we sail the larger ships. Please send my regards to Russ. Do you know if Ngawhira (Na-feer-ah) is onboard ? Last I heard, she was the event coordinator. If you see her, please send my best regards. Thanks very much !

Edited by Host Andy