Sabitinis for breakfast

Cruise Raider

Sorry -- I am being impatient for an answer on this.

Is breakfast in Sabitinis a perk for suite only passengers or is this also offered as an elite benefit? I've seen contrasting answers on this - some say it is their favorite elite benefit while others say it is offered only for full suite passengers.

Sorry -- I am being impatient for an answer on this.

Is breakfast in Sabitinis a perk for suite only passengers or is this also offered as an elite benefit? I've seen contrasting answers on this - some say it is their favorite elite benefit while others say it is offered only for full suite passengers.

Logistically it can only be offered to a small number of cruisers given the size of the restaurant - many cruises have hundreds (and I think I read that the Royal TA had over a thousand) passengers with elite status. It is one of the absolute best full suite perks! Part of the charm is the peace and quiet (especially compared to the Horizon Court :D) - along with the usually outstanding service.

for Suite passengers only
Note: FULL suite passengers only. This is not a perk for mini-suites.
No way could Sabatini's hold all of the Elites.
When you're on a cruise with literally hundreds of Elite, there's no way they would fit.

Something I mentioned years ago to the Captain's Circle hostess, Joy (can't remember her last name), at a MTL is perhaps Sabatini's breakfast as a perk for the top 10 (or more) "most traveled" on the cruise. Sabatini's could accommodate 10-20 more people.

Edited by Pam in CA

We just returned from a cruise on the Diamond Princess , breakfast in Sabatinis is only for full suite passengers. That didn't stop quite a few passengers trying to bluff their way in, but Luigi the Maitre D soon politely removed them.We were lucky enough to be up sold to a penthouse suite the week before we embarked and I agree with DebJ14 , our favourite perk of all the Premium Suite benefits.

I took a picture of the menu once and posted it on here, but it was really too hard to read. They can almost always get you things that aren't on the menu. We asked for huevos rancheros once and were told they could get it the next day if they know ahead of time. It truly is a great benefit. I will miss this on our next two cruises.

It sounds crazy that breakfast can be one of the best perks, especially considering you can be served in the dinning room....but it truly is the best way to start the day!!!

On our last cruise, the people in the suite opposite our cabin had room service every morning.....they didn't know about Sabatinis, but even after I told the guy about the perk, they still never went.....this disturbed me very much! :)

I'm so glad I am on CC - normally we dont east breakfast when we cruise because we don't get up that early and we eat enough having only two meals a day. So I would have probably never even tried this even if I knew about it. But thanks to threads like this (there was another one a while back) I'll have to change our routine. I'm so glad I upgraded to a full suite. YIPPPEEE. I'm getting excited.

We just returned from a cruise on the Diamond Princess , breakfast in Sabatinis is only for full suite passengers. That didn't stop quite a few passengers trying to bluff their way in, but Luigi the Maitre D soon politely removed them.

They have a list (suite number and name) of 'entitled' passengers - and usually know your name by the second morning.

Edited by capriccio

I just got back from the Sapphire where we also took an up sell to a full suite. The breakfast at Sabatini's was a wonderful perk. Let's see if my picture of the menu comes through:

iframe>

If not, here's a link:

Page one: Sabatini's breakfast menu - Sapphire Princess

Page two: Sabatini's breakfast menu - Sapphire Princess

Since I headed out to do Zumba soon after breakfast on sea days I only enjoyed a mimosa on port days. The waiter figured out my pattern early on though so brought fresh squeezed orange juice or the mimosa depending on if it was a sea day or port day. So nice to have your desires anticipated. The food is pretty much the same as that at the main dining room but presented nicer and larger portions.

Jackie

It's everything they say.

I asked the manager if I could get a steak to go with my eggs the next day. He checked with the chef before answering, but the answer was Yes and the steak was done just right.

Their poached eggs (on the menu) is a favorite of mine.

They always remembered my wife likes a double helping of smoked salmon, No Capers.

A day well begun tends to be a great day. Just sayin'! ;)

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

I am traveling on the Ruby with a suite for two weeks under the Getaways promotion so I get credit later in the year. I always take a balcony, so a suite is a big step up for me (I did spend one night in a suite on a PVSA short trip). I was very lucky to get suites (I have to switch once) and even though I am perfectly happy to get breakfast with a plate from the buffet and generally do when aboard, I will certainly take full advantage of this exclusive perk. I will lose three mornings to turnaround days, though.

This was the best perk of having a suite. The Eggs Benedict were perfect and the poached eggs over those hash browns in that angled glass with Hollendaise sauce was heaven. With a side of bacon and one of those powdered doughnuts and we were so happy. Of course the Mimosa's were great too.

It is almost worth the price one pays for the suite. No real need for a menu as they will accomodate any reasonable breakfast order. All the breakfasts are cooked to order. Sadly, it is only for full suites. All the Sabatini's staff are on hand to see you are well served.

Edited by dorisis

We've only had a suite once, and I have only one suggestion for Sabatinis breakfast. The service is so good from everyone that there should be a way to tip them all - perhaps an up-scale;) equivalent of a tip jar.

Try folding a "20", placing it in the palm of your hands and shaking hands with them on the last day of the cruise.