Balcony Question on Caribbean Princess

ancryan

Who can answer this question...I am booking a balcony cabin on the Caribbean princess and I know that some of the decks have balconies where people can look over and see onto your balcony. I also know there are some that are covered (and there may be others that are half covered). I don't want a balcony where people are looking in the whole time. Does anybody know what decks or categories of cabins are NOT visible from above?

Thanks in advance.

Who can answer this question...I am booking a balcony cabin on the Caribbean princess and I know that some of the decks have balconies where people can look over and see onto your balcony. I also know there are some that are covered (and there may be others that are half covered). I don't want a balcony where people are looking in the whole time. Does anybody know what decks or categories of cabins are NOT visible from above?

Thanks in advance.

We were on Deck 12 and we were above the open balconies.

Sandy

Thanks in advance.

A couple of years ago we had a balcony balcony on the Baja deck. We could look down onto several decks & balconies but there was no one above us.icon7.gif

Deck 14 balconies offer the most privacy.
And the mini-suites on Emerald deck.

Dolphin deck mini-suite balconies are uncovered.

Caribe deck balconies are the largest at 9'x9' and are half-covered/half-uncovered.

Baja, Aloha, Riviera and Lido deck balconies are covered. However, someone below can look up and into the balconies above. More so on Baja.

Here's a photo which will kind of give you an idea of how the decks tier:

ImageUploadedByForums1387760006.553873.jpg.3c1ac68bbc436f179fe11048935e93a2.jpg

Edited by Pam in CA

I don't want a balcony where people are looking in the whole time.

There is a big difference between a balcony where one can be seen, and a balcony where people are looking at you the whole time. The former can be found on Dolphin Deck and Caribe Deck (if you are sitting or standing close to the rail). The latter do not exist. Despite fears to the contrary, people do not go on cruises to look at other people on their balcony "the whole time". Open up the Princess website. The first photo that pops up is a ship in Glacier Bay and you can clearly see the way the balconies are aligned. Now look at the people on their balconies. How many people are looking at other people on their balconies? Answer?? None.

We were on Riviera 14, and I often went out on my balcony and couldn't help but look down on those below us. Mostly they sat and read, but still I looked. I made a mental note not to book those decks, bc I don't want to be out there being my goofy self and have someone from above see me and snicker to themselves or worse holler out at me. I feel the balconies are a bit of privacy but not total privacy. When our neighbors where using theirs I went inside. So I would like as much privacy as I can get.

However on 14 there is an overhang from Lido so you don't get full sun when the sun is overhead. On the balconies where you can look down into, you do get full sun. Another thing to take into consideration if you like full sun or not.

Lastly, on the few times we got rained on, when it was heavy, all the water from the above decks would spill down into the lower decks, esp the ones where you could look down into. When the ship listed from side to side all the pooled water on the higher up cabins would pour down like a water fall. This happened even after the rain stopped bc many of the balconies were flooded. So even though the sun came out, you couldn't go out and read or anything bc you would get drenched when the "waterfall" came.

Edited by whataboutport

We had a balcony on the Lido deck it was private and I think the best location on the ship forward. Only short walk to the pool and buffets. Since we tend to spend our time outside it was a perfect place for us. We could not feel any movement. CB is one of the few ships I have been on that has rooms on the Lido. I would do it all the time

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

There is a big difference between a balcony where one can be seen, and a balcony where people are looking at you the whole time. The former can be found on Dolphin Deck and Caribe Deck (if you are sitting or standing close to the rail). The latter do not exist. Despite fears to the contrary, people do not go on cruises to look at other people on their balcony "the whole time". Open up the Princess website. The first photo that pops up is a ship in Glacier Bay and you can clearly see the way the balconies are aligned. Now look at the people on their balconies. How many people are looking at other people on their balconies? Answer?? None.

I was going to recommend the OP do the same thing -- look at that current picture on Princess' website. It has a great close up view of how the balconies are stacked.

Hi-

Fyi, we just experimented and got a mini-suite on the Emerald Princess (Dolphin, 9th deck), preparing to be miserable because the balcony was completely exposed. I'm happy to say it wasn't at all what I expected. Here's why:

* People above you can only see you on your balcony if they are hanging over their railing, which only happens when the shipping is entering or leaving port

* It's amazing to me how few people pay for a balcony but never use it. I use mine quite a bit and was rarely aware of anyone on theirs (except, alas, for my neighbor, who played her TV quite a bit and left the sliding doors open)

* When the sun was on our side of the ship, the balcony was heaven--a blaze of Caribbean sun. You can't get this when there's an overhang

Hope this helps a bit. - Diana, http://musingaboutcruising.blogspot.com