What happened to the Le Club Voyage announcement?

Jb-lhr

Larry Pimentel will be Live on Cruise Critic July 31 at 3 pm

"Larry will be answering your questions about cruise destinations, Azamara and luxury experience."

http://live.cruisecritic.com/Event/Cruise_Critic_Live_Destinations_and_Larry_Pimentel

This is a great chance to ask Larry directly about the burning issues on the Azamara forum: charters, dry-docks, new builds, loyalty program, etc.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

It will be very interesting to hear what Larry has to say about the Le Club Voyage program...... We sail for the month of August, we are really not holding out hope for changes to the program, but it would be a nice surprise.....

Edited by Phxazzcruisers

Wow that seems almost negligent if they meant that there wasn't insurance to cover any fire damage to the ship. Of course lost bookings while repairs were being made may not be insurable but I don't know about that.

I assume they had insurance but are talking about the loss of revenues and costs including the reimbursement to the guests onboard and credits towards future cruises.

Plus, we do not know what type of deductible is on their policy.

We absolutely have no idea what exact coverage they had for the Quest. The previous poster mentioned a $17 million loss and any prudent company would have covered this type of large loss on ships of this age. If the reason for delay was indeed lack of funds from an accident why keep making it seem the announcement is just around the corner.

We absolutely have no idea what exact coverage they had for the Quest. The previous poster mentioned a $17 million loss and any prudent company would have covered this type of large loss on ships of this age. If the reason for delay was indeed lack of funds from an accident why keep making it seem the announcement is just around the corner.

The "accident" and any subsequent costs have nothing to do with the delay in the LCV announcement, and no one here suggested they did. I brought up the accident in response to the unfair criticism of Azamara in postings 311 and 315 that said Azamara did not deliver on its announced plans for the 2012 and 2013 drydocks. Those drydocks were cut short because of the costs incurred in the Quest fire, and it was disingenuous not to mention that while criticizing Azamara in posting 315.

Edited by marinaro44

The "accident" and any subsequent costs have nothing to do with the delay in the LCV announcement, and no one here suggested they did. I brought up the accident in response to the unfair criticism of Azamara in postings 311 and 315 that said Azamara did not deliver on its announced plans for the 2012 and 2013 drydocks. Those drydocks were cut short because of the costs incurred in the Quest fire, and it was disingenuous not to mention that while criticizing Azamara in posting 315.

Just to add some more facts:

1-All SEC registered companies are required within a few days to report any material financial event on Form 8-K. RCL did not report the fire as the loss was not material. Not one word in the SEC filings!

2-The Annual Reports and SEC filings on Forms 10-K and proxy statements indicate that RCL has hull & mechanical insurance on ALL ships. Thus any "loss" would have been recovered.

Based upon the above, it is very difficult to believe the loss to RCL was $17 million. If it was, it would have been reported.

Just to add some more facts:

1-All SEC registered companies are required within a few days to report any material financial event on Form 8-K. RCL did not report the fire as the loss was not material. Not one word in the SEC filings!

2-The Annual Reports and SEC filings on Forms 10-K and proxy statements indicate that RCL has hull & mechanical insurance on ALL ships. Thus any "loss" would have been recovered.

Based upon the above, it is very difficult to believe the loss to RCL was $17 million. If it was, it would have been reported.

As you have no direct knowledge of what the financial impact was on Azamara's operation, I would suggest you stop your uninformed public speculation.

As you have no direct knowledge of what the financial impact was on Azamara's operation, I would suggest you stop your uninformed public speculation.

What is more direct knowledge than what an enterprise reports to its shareholders, the financial community, and it's Federal regulators?

Hi Everyone,

Larry Pimentel just stated the following on today's live chat :

We appreciate your patience and continued loyalty to Azamara during this time. We look forward to making a formal announcement during the 1st week of Sept.

Hi Everyone,

Larry Pimentel just stated the following on today's live chat :

I posed the question to him and appreciated both his candour and humility.

We will be on Quest during the first week of Sepember so we shall see. Perhaps they will make an announcement at the LCV cocktail party

I posed the question to him and appreciated both his candour and humility.

We will be on Quest during the first week of Sepember so we shall see. Perhaps they will make an announcement at the LCV cocktail party

Hi Spursgirl,

On the bright side, at least we have another target date. Thanks to Larry Pimentel for sharing it with us. Let's hope this date will stick.

It sounded very encouraging that they have some exciting plans. Hopefully, it will all be worth the wait.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Spursgirl,

On the bright side, at least we have another target date. Thanks to Larry Pimentel for sharing it with us. Let's hope this date will stick.

It sounded very encouraging that they have some exciting plans. Hopefully, it will all be worth the wait.

Oh well, too late for our B2B in August.

Did he talk about the missing itineraries in 2016?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Billie bucks,

It was addressed, but more from a business perspective. Mr Pimentel mentioned that Quest's updated itineraries should be available in about 2 weeks.

I sail on August 20. That will be too late for me....or should I say it will be too little too late. After my recent experiences with booking and receiving information from Azamara, I have my doubts that there will ever be anything announced. The perks at the discoverer level are okay as they exist now. I enjoy the laundry and the internet minutes. 235 minutes is more than I use on any cruise. More laundry would be nice. I really love the unlimited laundry that I get on some other cruise lines. There is nothing like coming home with clean clothes. Just unpack and put the clean clothes away. That is fabulous.

I sail on August 20. That will be too late for me....or should I say it will be too little too late. After my recent experiences with booking and receiving information from Azamara, I have my doubts that there will ever be anything announced. The perks at the discoverer level are okay as they exist now. I enjoy the laundry and the internet minutes. 235 minutes is more than I use on any cruise. More laundry would be nice. I really love the unlimited laundry that I get on some other cruise lines. There is nothing like coming home with clean clothes. Just unpack and put the clean clothes away. That is fabulous.

During the chat I asked Mr Pimentel if he could clarify 'soon' as that was what I was told at the LCV cocktail party on my May Journey cruise.

It was then that he said an announcement would be made during the first week of September.

He also intimated that the new loyalty offerings would be innovative and apologised for Azamara's tardiness.

Guess we wait for another month and see

Hi Redtravel,

I'm sorry that any LCV updates will be too late for your sailing. I'm sure it's a bit disappointing - especially as the delays are well beyond what was initially stated. As I've said in the past, I believe that Azamara's LCV benefits are excellent as is, so I wouldn't be too upset if nothing else were to be added. However, with all the fanfare they've communicated... IMO, it's in everyone's best interests to move forward, and add new and/or increased benefits to the new levels... especially since they went to the trouble, time, and expense of creating Discoverer Plus & Platinum ! As they currently exist, why not put them to good use ?

I understand why some may have doubts. However, I truly believe that Mr Pimentel wouldn't have made yesterday's comments, unless he was certain that new enhancements are forthcoming.

We've waited this long. I'm more than willing to give them another month. Hopefully, it will be worth the wait. Stay Tuned !

Edited by Host Andy

We've waited this long. I'm more than willing to give them another month. Hopefully, it will be worth the wait. Stay Tuned !

For Redtravel and me, who are sailing with Azamara this month it won't be worth the wait because the new benefits will be announced when our cruises are over.

When Azamara said there would be an announcement in the second quarter of 2014, both of us had the very reasonable expectation that we would benefit from the new benefit. It didn't happen.

Right now, as I said during the chat with Larry Pimentel, I'd be happy with a second bag of laundry.:) We sail on Friday.

I do believe there will be announcements in September there are too many people in HO saying it is coming then for it not to. I am also hearing words like innovative and different from other sources.

Maybe it is a pick your benefits from a menu, Azamara is small enough to cope with that

I do believe there will be announcements in September there are too many people in HO saying it is coming then for it not to. I am also hearing words like innovative and different from other sources.

Maybe it is a pick your benefits from a menu, Azamara is small enough to cope with that

We will see what they announce.

Celebrity definitely hit a home run with their Zenith benefits:)

Everyone's definition of SOON is different. I know people who say SOON when they run out of excuses and really mean never. When a travel company(land or sea) starts to disappoint , people start to reevaluate their expectations. Azamara LCV was okay before the the announcement. Perhaps they were too quick to make any announcement about new benefits or levels.

IMO, it's in everyone's best interests to move forward, and add new and/or increased benefits to the new levels... especially since they went to the trouble, time, and expense of creating Discoverer Plus & Platinum ! As they currently exist, why not put them to good use?

I'm not sure that Azamara had a whole lot of choice in adding the two new membership tiers as they share a loyalty accounting system with Celebrity... Based upon conversations I had with "insiders" while aboard Celebrity, they had a very clear sense--dating to at least March 2013--that the changes to Captain's Club were going to be implemented during 2013 [initially, they were expected to roll out earlier than November] and--by last July--had a very clear sense as to the addition of loyalty tiers and a fairly good sense as to what additional benefits might be added to those tiers... I can't imagine that Azamara leaders were unaware of those plans...

While aboard Journey in February, I expressed my disappointment to several members of senior staff as to Azamara's delinquency in introducing revisions to Le Club Voyage beyond adding meaningless new membership tiers applicable to some guests and implementing a reduced Cruise Point accrual for most guests [relative to the Cruise Credit to Cruise Point conversion formula]... At that time and while still aboard ship, I did get a very nice letter of apology from a senior Marketing executive in Miami which promised an "innovative" and "different" program for roll out during second quarter [likely coincident with Azamara's anniversary; not that I understood the significance of that from a guest perspective] and stating that they would be hiring someone to manage the program [apparently a consultant who posted an update here once--in a most innocuous way--under mounting pressure to do so]...

Feigned embarrassment hasn't spurred action and I'm personally weary of repeated representations and apologies which, to date, have been meaningless... The whole episode has shown indifference and disrespect--bordering upon arrogance--toward those who have shown very significant allegiance to the Azamara [and by association] to the Celebrity brands...

It's not the added perquisites that might be introduced--each of us will value those differently in any case; I would venture to say that they are not close to being a primary consideration for the vast majority when choosing a cruise--so much as it is about principle, about being credible/meeting commitments, about being anticipatory/timely/responsive, about expressing unwavering respect for and appreciation to all guests as appropriate, and--ultimately, for me--about providing a guest-focused experience every step of the way [to compliment the impeccable onboard services and very creative itinerary planning/destination concepts]...

As I've noted previously, this has gone on way too long... We'll see...

Edited by Xport