Massage Right After SailAway?

PelicanLvr

As part of my DW's Christmas gifts, I am arranging for a massage for her right at the start of our Equinox cruise in January.

Ship sailaway time is 4:30pm from FLL. Does anyone know when all the "sell the spa" tours, raffles etc are done and the spa functions as normal on embarkation day?

Website is offering a 5pm massage? Do you think the opening day crowds will be gone by then?

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Not a good time, too much going on! Unpacking, muster drill, ship exploring, and general excitement would not make for a relaxing time. Wait until you are settled in and unpacked, have had a spin around your ship and one good sleep before booking any spa treatments. Also, if you wait and book after you arrive, you will find a lot more times available that what is listed on the website. Happy cruising!

The spa area is a total zoo on embarkation day and not really conducive to a relaxing experience. People are jammed in there making appointments, touring the area and the staff is busy trying to sell, sell, sell. Best to make the appointment for the first full day out.

We just did 5pm massages on sail away last week. The spa was quiet as that is just 30 minutes after Muster drill ends and most are more focused on; watching sail away, settling into their cabin, getting a drink, food, etc.

Tours end before muster drill. We never saw any spa pricing that beat what we paid prebooked.

Do agree with a previous poster that rushing to a 5pm sail away appt. may not that relaxing. We were on the ship at 11:30 and in our cabin by shortly after 1:30 so it wasn't much of an issue for us other than no time between muster and the appts. to take a long shower or tub soak to loosen muscles up before the appt.

Edited by Pecs ado rojo

My DW once booked a massage shortly after sailaway. I thought she had been kidnapped or fallen overboard after she didn't return for over 3 hours.

Turns out she and the masseuse got along well and were chatting away and since it was the first evening the lady had no other appointments scheduled so DW got an extra long session which she totally enjoyed.

So maybe booking at that time does have some benefits.