Amtrak near Port Canaveral

checkard

Can someone tell me what the closest Amtrak station is to Port Canaveral? I know there is one at the Orlando airport but not sure if there is one closer to the port since I'm not familiar with the towns around there.

Orlando and Kissimmee are close to equal distance from the port.

Thanks everyone.

I thought the Orlando station was right at the airport. Glad I asked. Need to check about Sanford, I thought the Amtrak website said that was for auto train folks only.

Now the next question is - what is the best way to get from Port Canaveral to either Sanford or Orlando Amtrak stations and approximate costs.

Thanks everyone.

I thought the Orlando station was right at the airport. Glad I asked. Need to check about Sanford, I thought the Amtrak website said that was for auto train folks only.

Now the next question is - what is the best way to get from Port Canaveral to either Sanford or Orlando Amtrak stations and approximate costs.

Why not actually take the Auto Train? Coming from Pennsylvania the drive to the Lorton Auto Train Station should not be too difficult. Then you have your own car to get to the port. There are a few lower cost parking options in the Cape Canaveral area with a shuttle to the ship instead of parking at the port.

I have used the Auto Train and it was a very good experience.

Edited by Eng23

Orlando Amtrak station use to have a car rental counter at the station. They might still have. Check with Amtrak and if so do a one way rental to the port and a one way after cruise back. Auto Train is very expensive unless your doing coach class.

Won't have a need for the auto train. We are doing a repo from Cape Liberty that comes back to Port Canaveral so we won't have a car. Just need to get to the Amtrak station from the port.

I'll check into the Cocoa Beach shuttle and Travelynx or possibly a car rental.