Stewards Entering Rooms While Occupied

goofytoo

Op, I think you had more than enough reason to complain. When I'm on vacation I usually sleep till about 9. I have to get up super early everyday to go to work. When I'm on vacation I want a break, unless I have to be somewhere. I would have put him in his place from day one. I would not have needed to go to customer service. He would have gotten the point. Seems like he knew 8:30 was too early for you but just didn't care.

Never had a steward walk in on me, but I did have a window washer once see me in all my glory. My friend and I had an ocean view on an NCL cruise, and we were docked somewhere, but our window wasnt facing the pier, but out into the ocean. I go to take a shower and come out into the room to get dressed. I disrobe, look up, and there's a window cleaner who I think was more embarrassed than I was. I didn't think to close the curtains cause I'm facing the ocean, who's gonna see? Well someone saw.

I've never had a steward walk in on me but I walked in on a steward once ... sort of. I was really relaxed from a late massage at the spa and hitting a couple of bars on the way back to the room. The steward and I arrived around the same time so I told him to do his thing and I'd relax on the balcony and enjoy a night cap. The lulling sound of the wake combined with the other "relaxants" must have caused memory loss because I went back in the room and starting taking all my clothes off to get more comfortable. The poor guy came out of the bathroom with his bucket and about passed out from horror when he saw me. :eek::D He deserved every cent of the extra tip I left him. :)

I've never had a steward walk in on me but I walked in on a steward once ... sort of. I was really relaxed from a late massage at the spa and hitting a couple of bars on the way back to the room. The steward and I arrived around the same time so I told him to do his thing and I'd relax on the balcony and enjoy a night cap. The lulling sound of the wake combined with the other "relaxants" must have caused memory loss because I went back in the room and starting taking all my clothes off to get more comfortable. The poor guy came out of the bathroom with his bucket and about passed out from horror when he saw me. :eek::D He deserved every cent of the extra tip I left him. :)

Hope liked what he saw. lol

Just wanted to mention this has happened to me as well. It was a quick knock while the door was being opened at the same time, and of course I was changing! Was able to duck into the bathroom quickly! It was the only time that cruise, but I remember thinking I had no time to even say I was in the cabin before the door started opening.

Wow,.. we have been on so many cruises and I have never had THAT happen. It did happen in the middle of the night on our wedding night though. Management banging on our door. Dh gets up puts on pants and goes to the door to find another couple there with management saying that we were in the wrong room. Really??? At 2am? They gave us the key and assigned us the room at the desk. Anyway, made for excellent story telling over the last 30 years. Btw we got a coupon for 50% off our next stay at that hotel. LOL. Right never went back. :eek:

Wow,.. we have been on so many cruises and I have never had THAT happen. It did happen in the middle of the night on our wedding night though. Management banging on our door. Dh gets up puts on pants and goes to the door to find another couple there with management saying that we were in the wrong room. Really??? At 2am? They gave us the key and assigned us the room at the desk. Anyway, made for excellent story telling over the last 30 years. Btw we got a coupon for 50% off our next stay at that hotel. LOL. Right never went back. :eek:

On a business trip walked into my room once and a young lady looked up and said what are you doing in my room? Desk clerk error.

another time at a conference me and a young lady were checking in at same time. They switched keys on us so she got my room and I got hers.

This is before the era of cell phones so if my wife would have called a nice young lady would have answered my phone.

This is the OP.

The main point of my post was to avoid unexpected visitors, you should use your deadbolt when you are in your room . You should also use your Snoozin card and take your phone off of the hook if you do not want to be disturbed while you are sleeping.

These were lessons that I learned the hard way.

These are very good lessons to communicate to our children that may be in the cabin across the hall. I have never had this happen but will also be more careful in the future.

These are very good lessons to communicate to our children that may be in the cabin across the hall. I have never had this happen but will also be more careful in the future.

Exactly. And this is why I get crazy when I read posts asking if it is ok to put a 10 and 7 year old in a cabin across the hall!!! Of course they will pretend a parent is registered in that cabin even though not sleeping there.

So if you leave the sign out and then your husband/wife starts beating the crap out of you or the cabin catches fire, it's still not okay for the crew to open the door? :rolleyes:

Nice try but the thread is about normal everyday activty not an emergancy. Someone being attacked, a fire or any other emergancy sitution changes everything.

Exactly. And this is why I get crazy when I read posts asking if it is ok to put a 10 and 7 year old in a cabin across the hall!!! Of course they will pretend a parent is registered in that cabin even though not sleeping there.

I do not believe anyone has to "pretend" anything.

It's been a while - but the last time I checked Carnival permitted children to be booked in a adjacent (next door or across the hall) cabin - without an adult in that cabin.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I must be lucky, maybe I should play the slots.

I read all of these crazy stories about rude servers, maids entering rooms, plumbers in the night and so on.

Cruised close to 20 times and never had any of these things happen to me.

I do not believe anyone has to "pretend" anything.

It's been a while - but the last time I checked Carnival permitted children to be booked in a adjacent (next door or across the hall) cabin - without an adult in that cabin.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well not all lines allow that but regardless my post was meant to bring to light that stewards and other cruise personel certainly do take liberties when entering a cabin as pointed out by this thread and that too many parents are comfortable leaving young kids in a cabin by themselves.

People will do whatever they want and can get away with but it should always be noted that a kid in a cabin by themselves across the hall or next door can have his or her cabin door opened by any number of people at any time

Connecting not adjoining or across the hall cabins solve this problem but require more money be spent but when our kids were younger we gladly got connecting not adjoining ocean views

We hate balconies anyway.

We had that happen on out first NCL cruise. So I have learned to use the snoozin sign and the deadbolt. And on the first time we see our steward we let them know that we are late sleepers. On sea days, they only need to clean room while we are at dinner and on port days, they can do it when we leave. Haven't had a problem since. They usually tell us to leave the snoozin sign up till we go to dinner so they don't get in trouble for not cleaning the room in the am.

On a business trip walked into my room once and a young lady looked up and said what are you doing in my room? Desk clerk error.

another time at a conference me and a young lady were checking in at same time. They switched keys on us so she got my room and I got hers.

This is before the era of cell phones so if my wife would have called a nice young lady would have answered my phone.

Now I'm worried about our upcoming cruise. I've only cruised once and our steward was great. But I've had a couple of rough experiences over the years in hotels while traveling.

We had a show to attend once while on a trip, so shortly after arriving to our room I began changing. I was standing completely topless when the door opened and a young boy with a room key and his family behind him were standing there. I slammed the door in their faces. Manager finally called me the next day and said, "I understand it was just a kid". I reminded him that if the tables were turned and I was topless and invited that kid in my room, they'd probably call the police. My entire stay ended up being free.

Next time was on an anniversary trip to Paris. Forgot to deadbolt the door, cleaning services walked right in and made romantic Paris- very unromantic in an instant.

Omg, hahahahahaha. :eek:

Omg...

Isn't that a bit young??? I can see maybe adjoining rooms so long as there are doors opened between the rooms... Maybe... Or, maybe I'm just being unrealistic?

Omg...

Isn't that a bit young??? I can see maybe adjoining rooms so long as there are doors opened between the rooms... Maybe... Or, maybe I'm just being unrealistic?

I don't think you understand my point. Yes it is young. We always went for connecting ocean views. Never put them in a room alone primarily because of the situations that have been mentioned in this thread

I must be lucky, maybe I should play the slots.

I read all of these crazy stories about rude servers, maids entering rooms, plumbers in the night and so on.

Cruised close to 20 times and never had any of these things happen to me.

Because you just way too Ugly man!:D:D:D