Cheap beach towels and beach toys near Embassy Suites?

nlooser

Rather than packing beach toys and towels in our luggage, we are thinking of buying them when we get to Fort Lauderdale and just leaving them on the ship at the end of the cruise.

Is there a place near the Embassy Suites on 17th Street that sells these types of items without an outrageous price tag?

Thanks in advance!

-Nels

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You'll get beach towels to use on the ship and while at ports. Wouldn't bother buying those. No need.

Yes I have seen the little net bags of shovels, pails etc at publix and cvs. Not sure if I saw other larger items. Might be seasonal too.

You'll get beach towels to use on the ship and while at ports. Wouldn't bother buying those. No need.

Yes I have seen the little net bags of shovels, pails etc at publix and cvs. Not sure if I saw other larger items. Might be seasonal too.

The only thing I've ever noticed that was larger June-August was sunblock. Otherwise it all stays pretty much the same with the exception of the big box stores.

This time of year is our season.

Rather than packing beach toys and towels in our luggage, we are thinking of buying them when we get to Fort Lauderdale and just leaving them on the ship at the end of the cruise.

Is there a place near the Embassy Suites on 17th Street that sells these types of items without an outrageous price tag?

Thanks in advance!

-Nels

Yes as a previous poster noted:

Publix less than a 5 min. walk - - - as you enter the store turn left go past registers (they will be on your left) then you will see health and beauty on your right.....turn right here......you will find a vast selection of beach, pool stuff, from snorkeling gear, beach balls, sand pails, shovels.

You will find no problems getting what you need.

We also bought our suntan lotion here and although it was the same price, we saved on suitcase weight.

Sea Ya

I assumed that the OP wanted the beach towels and stuff for Fort Lauderdale beaches. They've been on Caribbean cruises before. Tourists here often buy folding beach chairs and and toys and leave them on the beach at the end of their trip.

Edited by royalcruz

I assumed that the OP wanted the beach towels and stuff for Fort Lauderdale beaches. They've been on Caribbean cruises before. Tourists here often buy folding beach chairs and and toys and leave them on the beach at the end of their trip.

This is how I've always gotten all of my Swimways floats! At $30 each, it has saved me a lot of money through the years!

Thanks all. We have been on plenty of cruises and know all about ship provided towels...

While we use them on the ship all the time, we need some for Fort Lauderdale before. Also, I don't like taking ship provided towels off the ship for excursions...so, we pay a little more and bring our own.

From what I've read, it sounds like we will be visiting Publix!

-Nels

While we use them on the ship all the time, we need some for Fort Lauderdale before. Also, I don't like taking ship provided towels off the ship for excursions...so, we pay a little more and bring our own.

Can I ask why you wouldn't use the ship towels? :confused:

This is how I've always gotten all of my Swimways floats! At $30 each, it has saved me a lot of money through the years!

LOL! That's how I got my first beach chair! We lived in Sea Ranch Club and always went to the beach at what was HoJos at the time. The tourists bought chairs across the street at Publix and Eckerds and left them leaning on the beach trash can at the end of their trips. :D

Can I ask why you wouldn't use the ship towels? :confused:

Hi. A few reasons why we don't like to use ship towels on excursions:

1) they are kind of flimsy towels.

2) everyone else on the excursion has the same ship towels. This makes keeping track of them much more difficult and could result in me using someone else's towel after they used it (ick!).

3) the ship charges you if you lose it and when all other towels look the same it is pretty easy to lose them or have someone who lost theirs take yours.

I completely understand why most people just use ship towels but this is just my personal opinion and preference.

Hi. A few reasons why we don't like to use ship towels on excursions:

1) they are kind of flimsy towels.

2) everyone else on the excursion has the same ship towels. This makes keeping track of them much more difficult and could result in me using someone else's towel after they used it (ick!).

3) the ship charges you if you lose it and when all other towels look the same it is pretty easy to lose them or have someone who lost theirs take yours.

I completely understand why most people just use ship towels but this is just my personal opinion and preference.

Then you must be going on a cruiseline that has laundry facilities for you to use...This is something I wish RCI had like those on PCL.