Where to go first while waiting for room to be ready on Reflection

LiseD

Sure I will get a lot of different answers...but where do you all like to go when you first board....is there a place to eat that is not as crowded as others? Let's here where you go!

There are two quiet places to eat on embarkation day: bistro on 5 and The Porch. Both have a $5 pp charge and worth every cent. Oceanview Cafe is free but very crowded.

The Mast Grill and Aqua Spa Cafe have been suggested and are good choices. You'll find IMHO, the best burgers on the ship at the Mass Grill. The seating area is small and can be crowded at times. Although there is some protection weather could be a problem since it's outside. The Aqua Spa Cafe serves smaller portion, healthier food. Wonderful if you are health conscious. Empty tables may be difficult to find since the venue is popular. Both the Mast Grill and the Aqua Spa Cafe are good free choices.

Bistro on Five is our choice, too. The secret is definitely out on this place. I remember on the first cruise where they had Bo5, it was dead. I thought that the space would be re-imagined soon. Happy to say that on subsequent cruises, it has been busy. Last year, we had to wait for a table once. Great food, relaxed atmosphere, good service. A wonderful way to kick off your vacation.

We always go to the Main Dining Room (if we are not Aqua Class) to check out our table location and to ask for changes if not happy with location. We also make our reservations for the specialty restaurants.

THEN we go to Bistro on 5 for a quiet, served lunch and avoid the hectic Ocean View Cafe.

Also, the Aqua Spa Cafe, which is free.

The Aqua Spa Café used to be one of my favorite places for breakfast & lunch, but it has really changed and they have skimped -- no grilled tuna/salmon/chicken. On the 7-14 Dec cruise, it was closed on embarkation. :(

Do love the burgers and dogs at the Mast Grill.

BTW, if you do go to the Bistro, there is a $5 fee to eat there. I was told from a very reliable source, if you get your bill after they swipe your card and write in additional tip for the server, that money does not go to the server -- it all goes to Celebrity. If you want to tip for exceptional service, leave them cash.

I was told the same for specialty restaurants. Any additional tip you write in on your slip goes to the Maitre'D, not your server who provided the exceptional service. Best to tip in cash.

Edited by Wine-O

Its seems in the past we always wander around aimlessly not knowing where to go and ending up where everyone else is in long lines!! Bistro on 5 or Mast Grill sound like great choices....

What about other spots to just hang out as I imagine the pool area will be very crowded?

Its seems in the past we always wander around aimlessly not knowing where to go and ending up where everyone else is in long lines!! Bistro on 5 or Mast Grill sound like great choices....

What about other spots to just hang out as I imagine the pool area will be very crowded?

The pools are generally not crowded on embarkation day at all. Usually only a few people in them.

Pool depends on the weather, but many bring their bathing suits and start the vacation there…explore all the decks to choose, there is a quiet area up top.

Check out the "open houses" for the spa (the relaxation room should be open, unless you have a spa appointment or in AQ, this is your chance to see it), gym (the spin classes and others fill up) and speciality restuarants if you are considering booking one of them. Go to the library early to get the best selection of books. The Hideaway should be quiet, and may or may not have coffee.

Nope, not very crowded at all. I mean, you will see a few folks already

out on lounge chair but far and few between. Most people are boarding,

eating, checking out the ship, etc.....whenever I walk outside on boarding

day it is something I take notice of and I will say I have seen more

women than men and I always wonder if they are doing a b2b;)

BTW, if you do go to the Bistro, there is a $5 fee to eat there. I was told from a very reliable source, if you get your bill after they swipe your card and write in additional tip for the server, that money does not go to the server -- it all goes to Celebrity. If you want to tip for exceptional service, leave them cash.

I was told the same for specialty restaurants. Any additional tip you write in on your slip goes to the Maitre'D, not your server who provided the exceptional service. Best to tip in cash.

I think that is general across the cruise lines. The tips you write on your bill do not go directly to the server that provided the exceptional service. One more vote for Best to tip in cash. :)

Sounds like I am going to like the Mast Grill. Is there a place that has popcorn?

We will head to the buffet and take our food outside to enjoy. Taking in the fresh air and great views. Then you have the people watching activity. You can see people load their plates as if it was the last meal in their lives in the buffet area. I remember seeing this little old lady using her fingers to take food from one of the stations and dropping some items. Guess what she did with that food? Put it back on the food station so someone else could enjoy it!

We will head to the buffet and take our food outside to enjoy. Taking in the fresh air and great views. Then you have the people watching activity. You can see people load their plates as if it was the last meal in their lives in the buffet area. I remember seeing this little old lady using her fingers to take food from one of the stations and dropping some items. Guess what she did with that food? Put it back on the food station so someone else could enjoy it!

Can't believe that you would still eat there and then recommend that pit to anyone. We avoid that area at all times. During our last 3 cruises we haven't set foot in that place because of situations like you observed.

.🎉🍸🎩

Can't believe that you would still eat there and then recommend that pit to anyone. We avoid that area at all times. During our last 3 cruises we haven't set foot in that place because of situations like you observed.

.🎉🍸🎩

I did lose my appetite at that point when I saw her use her fingers and then put the food back in the station tray from the floor. She also went back with a dirty plate. Cannot make this stuff up. From that point on, I had lunch either in the MDR or Mast Grill. Less of an opportunity for contamination.

Ewww! Who are these people?