obsessed with finding the right cabin on Summit

cruisedancemom

Hi: I'm so glad to have found this website - I'm fascinated by cruising now! DH and I are scheduled for a July cruise to Bermuda on the Summit from Port Liberty. It's his first cruise and my second (First on NCL's Norway 20 years ago!).

We are already booked into aqua class cabin 9108 through TA. I am confused based on my (our needs) and wondering if we should switch.

1. Must have a mostly quiet room (I'm a light sleeper)

2. Prone to motion sickness

3. I'm a a sun worshipper (but am trying to cut back on that for obvious reasons)

4. DH likes shade

5. Don't want to pay higher price for Aqua room on deck 11.

I keep reading about the overhang on 9 and notice there are rooms like 9038 and 9043 that have larger balconies, and 9125 that has less of an overhang. I am afraid to tempt the fates and switch rooms.

Since there are still a lot of rooms available, I am constantly thinking about whether we should switch or not.

Anyone willing to assure me that we will be "happy" in our room?

Thanks!!

Hi: I'm so glad to have found this website - I'm fascinated by cruising now! DH and I are scheduled for a July cruise to Bermuda on the Summit from Port Liberty. It's his first cruise and my second (First on NCL's Norway 20 years ago!).

We are already booked into aqua class cabin 9108 through TA. I am confused based on my (our needs) and wondering if we should switch.

1. Must have a mostly quiet room (I'm a light sleeper)

2. Prone to motion sickness

3. I'm a a sun worshipper (but am trying to cut back on that for obvious reasons)

4. DH likes shade

5. Don't want to pay higher price for Aqua room on deck 11.

I keep reading about the overhang on 9 and notice there are rooms like 9038 and 9043 that have larger balconies, and 9125 that has less of an overhang. I am afraid to tempt the fates and switch rooms.

Since there are still a lot of rooms available, I am constantly thinking about whether we should switch or not.

Anyone willing to assure me that we will be "happy" in our room?

Thanks!!

If you are prone to motion sickness, I would not recommend changing to rooms 9038 or 9043 because they are close to the front of the ship and you will feel more motion. Your current cabin is located more mid-ship and close to the midship elevators.

To avoid motion sickness: your present cabin is closer to midship than anything on deck 11, and also lower down. Lower is better, so unless you're really commited to dining in Blu I would suggest moving down to deck 7 or 8.

Noise: deck 9 is under the pool, which can be a problem with early morning noise, but your cabin is located back far enough that you seem to be under a restaurant. I don't know whether there are noises from the early-morning set-up there or not. again, we would choose deck 7 or 8 to make sure there are cabins both above and below us.

I would even be afraid of the famous "sweet sixteen" cabins (6016-6030 and 6021-6035) because they are above the theater.

To my mind, a Veranda 2A is the ideal location - but I don't care about the Concierge or AquaClass benefits.

If you are looking for less motion, the other posters are correct, middle and low is the best. For quiet, I always make sure I am on a deck that has cabins above and below. If I do take a cabin on 9 or 10, I make sure it doesn't have busy common areas above. My DH and I don't have motion problems so we prefer decks 7, 8 or 9 in the front of the ship. There is less foot traffic in the halls. You may have to decide which one is more important to you. When you take a cabin in the middle and lower, you have less movement, but you tend to have more traffic in the halls, and on the ocean view decks, you also sometimes get the noise from the mechanicals when you reach the ports early in the morning. We were on a lower deck for one cruise, and I heard everything mechanical. The silver lining of being woken up was that I got great pictures as we arrived into ports. :)

Our first cruise in 2010 - we were booked on the 6th floor of the Carnival Valor...big mistake. I should have checked prior to booking what would be above or below. We were directly above the auditorium so we heard every play, show etc at night time when going to bed early for the next morning's early port arrival. On the last cruise we did not make this mistake, however our room was at the front of the ship and we were on 9th floor. There was more swaying but I found it to be gentle and soothing - I haven't had a deep sleep like that in awhile.

This time we'll be on the Summit and on 7th floor towards the front...only cabins above/below so minimal noise and not super close to the elevators - last thing you want to hear is "ding" all night long.

OP, we booked AQ2 cabin 9106 on the Infinity for Sept 2014 for all the same reasons you did, so I think you made a perfect choice.

The AQ cabins on Deck 9 were formerly CC cabins and are 192 sq ft. Cabins on decks 6 & 7 are 170 sq ft and, IMO, that 20 sq ft makes a big difference.

My profession was in construction and we had a saying about doing a job; there is fast, cheap, and good. You can never have all three, you can only have two. That is you can have fast and cheap but it won't be good. You can have fast and good but it won't be cheap, You can have good and cheap but it won't be fast.

You are trying to have all three and it is impossible.

.🎉🎩🍸

We've sailed on all of the Millie class ships and unless you just happen to be onboard with a rowdy passenger complement your fears of noise in the hallways affecting your cabin are not necessary. The bath and closets are on either side of the door and act as insulators too. You should not have a problem at all.

You can reach the pool deck in less than two minutes and catch the glorious rays in small batches.

Have a great cruise.