Airfare June 2014

amd1234

We are cruising Uniworld June 29,2014 Amsterdam to Basel. I have been checking airfares for the past few months and they are still $1500 apiece. We have been watching the desired airline Delta with a good time schedule. We will be returning on KLM leaving from Zurich. Two questions it is worth the extra money on Delta to book premium economy? Should I wait hoping prices will go down or book now?

We are cruising Uniworld June 29,2014 Amsterdam to Basel. I have been checking airfares for the past few months and they are still $1500 apiece. We have been watching the desired airline Delta with a good time schedule. We will be returning on KLM leaving from Zurich. Two questions it is worth the extra money on Delta to book premium economy? Should I wait hoping prices will go down or book now?

Since several airlines have already announced increases for next year 2014. Take the best price you can get and the premium seats since coach is Hell to and from Europe or domestic, for that matter.

Try using Kayak I was able to get the opposite for $1300 leaving JFK. It is $49 extra for Economy Premium or whatever they call it on Delta. Delta/KLM are codeshared, so look closely if it is actually a KLM or Delta run aircraft.

Both your flights will be on KLM - Delta is just a codeshare with KLM for most flights in Europe, especially to/from Amsterdam, which is KLM's huge hub in Europe.

We paid the extra for Economy Comfort and found the extra leg room worth it for the longer flights, but did not upgrade our Basel to Amsterdam flight as it was only about 2 hours long. To upgrade the JFK-AMS flights was $111 per person, but I bought the tickets by redeeming 60K SkyMiles per person, so it was more tolerable to pay for the upgrade.

My flight JFK to Zurich is definitely a Delta flight.

Good for you. The OP clearly states that his/her flight back from Zurich is on KLM. If the OP is flying into Amsterdam to start the cruise, the flight would be on KLM. As we have both mentioned, KLM and Delta are codeshare partners and KLM flights show up when booking on Delta.com

We almost always opt for Premium Economy on Delta for priority check in and boarding as well as extra leg room.

When booking a code share through DL for KLM, it was a huge hassle to get the EC seats, not sure why.

Ah, good point! If you are on a flight operated by KLM, the Delta site does not allow you pick your seats or pay for Economy Comfort upgrades, or at least I couldn't get it to function! Instead, I logged onto KLM's site with my reservation number and upgraded and chose our seats from there. Maybe Delta has fixed the functionality by now, but just a heads-up!

Good for you. The OP clearly states that his/her flight back from Zurich is on KLM. If the OP is flying into Amsterdam to start the cruise, the flight would be on KLM. As we have both mentioned, KLM and Delta are codeshare partners and KLM flights show up when booking on Delta.com

I'm confused. How does the OP know which airline she is flying if she has not booked her flights yet? Also your remark your flight is on KLM is confusing also that is why I mentioned my flight. I really don't understand the good for you comment. When you book flights it can be the same exact flight but a different price entirely depending if you book thru Delta or KLM for the same seat.

I'm confused. How does the OP know which airline she is flying if she has not booked her flights yet? Also your remark your flight is on KLM is confusing also that is why I mentioned my flight. I really don't understand the good for you comment. When you book flights it can be the same exact flight but a different price entirely depending if you book thru Delta or KLM for the same seat.

Let's try reading the OP's post:

1. The preferred airline is Delta. I pointed out that Delta doesn't actually operate flights to Amsterdam, that they are in fact, operated through KLM with a codeshare agreement with Delta.

2. The OP states "We will be returning on KLM leaving from Zurich." Not sure how that is confusing.

3. You stated that your flight from JFK to Zurich was on Delta, which does not impact the OP as he/she has already stated that he/she is flying on KLM from Zurich.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for all the replies regarding my questions on airfare for June 2014. I have narrowed the search to Delta with the time that is convenient and my return from Zurich to Amsterdam on to Boston. I have my flight on Yapta waiting to see if there will be price decrease in the fare. If I book and the price drops I will receive a refund. So far the price has remained the same and I will probably book this week.. The web site states it's Delta going and KLM on my return....:) I hope that clarifies my post...

We are flying into Nice and out of Paris next year (river cruise starts June 30th...) We were watching flights for a while, and jumped when they went under $1300 for a flight that didn't have horrendous layovers (ie: too short or too long....).

We are flying KLM to Nice, and Air France (code share with KLM) out of Paris.

I have been watching the flights since that time, and nothing any better has surfaced. Glad we booked when we did.

Fran