Soltice Class Ships On the West Coast

mcrcruiser

What are the opinions about Celebrity sending more solstice class ships through the New Canal to the West Coast ,when the new wider & longer locks open for business August 2014 ?

We are hoping that Celebrity would have a 28 to 30 day R/T LA or San Diego to Samoa .Tahiti & Hawaii like Holland & Princess currently does each year ;). A Soltice class ship would be a new addition to that length of cruises & a very welcome addition to the West Coast:D

What are the opinions about Celebrity sending more solstice class ships through the New Canal to the West Coast ,when the new wider & longer locks open for business August 2014 ?

We are hoping that Celebrity would have a 28 to 30 day R/T LA or San Diego to Samoa .Tahiti & Hawaii like Holland & Princess currently does each year ;). A Soltice class ship would be a new addition to that length of cruises & a very welcome addition to the West Coast:D

I believe the locks will be ready in April 2015 !

I would love more cruises like that from the west coast. Or up and down the west coast, for that matter. The problem, as I see it, is the lines that do those longer cruises are using ships that are smaller than the S class ships. I think it would be difficult to fill an S class ship for the Tahiti run. With Celebrity sending Century to Croisieres de France, they have eliminated this option.

I love cruising Celebrity ships, but I'm running up against a lack of new itineraries. They have a really good 28-day one in the Med this year (4 X 7-night cruises) but I can't be gone that long this year as my mother is in failing health. Certainly hope they will repeat that in 2015.

Greetings

With Solstice on the west coast that only leaves 4 other S-Class ships. To remove one from the Caribbean season may be difficult. Eclipse dates fill up fast, the 14 day cruises are very popular. Equinox also has very strong bookings. So it would come down to which 7 day ship to move and it may be difficult for Celebrity to leave the 7 day markets to the new ships being brought online by it's competitors.

Just because you can send a larger ship through the canal doesn't necessarily mean more people will sail the voyage. Canal passage is very expensive. This does not show up in the cruise fare but is hidden in the port taxes.

I am trying to plan our 2015 cruises and I too would like more options since we will probably be repeating earlier cruises but I am just pointing out what may be some factors that limit where Celebrity chooses to sail the S-Class ships.

Good Sailing

Tom