Select Dining reservations

Redtravel

I like select dining. On previous cruises, I have made reservations in advance before the cruise. I know that I did it through Celebrity's website. It saved me waiting in along line especially the first night. I have looked everywhere on the Celebrity website. I cannot find the link to make the reservations for the MDR select. Does anyone know how I can make advance reservations?

Greetings

Here we go, this is one way to get there. There are probably others if you know the secret web site handshakes :).

Select your cruise reservation.

On the right side click on "My Cruise Extras" the "View More" button.

On the right side click on the "Add More" pull down.

Then use the "Celebrity Select Dining" button.

Easy peasy, well not really but it is Celebrity's web site :rolleyes:

Good Sailing

Tom

Edited by tunaman2011

Greetings

Here we go, this is one way to get there. There are probably others if you know the secret web site handshakes :).

Select your cruise reservation.

On the right side click on "My Cruise Extras" the "View More" button.

On the right side click on the "Add More" pull down.

Then use the "Celebrity Select Dining" button.

Easy peasy, well not really but it is Celebrity's web site :rolleyes:

Good Sailing

Tom

There is no click option on "My Cruise Extras". I also had the same question.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Go to your cruise and click on shore excursions. On the right hand side there is a choice of Your Excursions. Click on either one, awaiting payments or purchased. You'll then see a drop down choice under Add More. One of the choices in the drop down is Select Dining.

I have had a problem may times trying to make my Select reservations. I have only been able to make reservations myself once. I think it comes down to how or who bookings the cruise. I use a TA so I try each time myself. Then call my TA to make the reservations. TA calls and make the reservations and ties us all together so we get a table for 6 at about 6:30. Richard

Go to your cruise and click on shore excursions. On the right hand side there is a choice of Your Excursions. Click on either one, awaiting payments or purchased. You'll then see a drop down choice under Add More. One of the choices in the drop down is Select Dining.

Thank you, that works! It's baffling why Celebrity would hide such a function in such a stupid manner.

I tried all the suggestions. Nothing worked. I called Celebrity and had them do it. It took the agent quite some time to do it. Celebrity website is terrible.

Here is what I do and you can reserve each night

Log on to my celebrity (username password)

Click the drop down arrow on Manage Reservation

Click view reservation

Click View on Dining Preference

Check the Select Dining box and click reserve now

A box will come up asking to reserve all days just click reserve now (you wont have to reserve each day)From there just pick your time and table size preference

Hope it works for you

Here is what I do and you can reserve each night

Log on to my celebrity (username password)

Click the drop down arrow on Manage Reservation

Click view reservation

Click View on Dining Preference

Check the Select Dining box and click reserve now

A box will come up asking to reserve all days just click reserve now (you wont have to reserve each day)From there just pick your time and table size preference

Hope it works for you

Yes, that's what we did a few months back and now have the dining times confirmed in our 'guest booklet'.

I have done the suggested things. On previous cruises, I was able to reserve using the website. The website is now different. It keeps pushing you toward specialty dining. I solved my problem. Now it is Celebrity's turn to redo their website.

I managed to find it, more by luck than judgement, however we are a party of four in two cabins. We booked at the same time but have a reservation number for each cabin. If I reserve select dining times and choose a table for four will that be ok for all four of us or is there an option to include someone from the other reservation so it links them?

I managed to find it, more by luck than judgement, however we are a party of four in two cabins. We booked at the same time but have a reservation number for each cabin. If I reserve select dining times and choose a table for four will that be ok for all four of us or is there an option to include someone from the other reservation so it links them?

You proceed with booking under your reservation number for with your two names and show that you will share then you can add guests from your party. It should then show you have four people at that sitting. If you make a mistake then just go back in and edit as many times as you like.

Kevin,

You need to be 'linked' with reservation numbers.

I could link our reservations ( with a Canadian couple we were travelling with) but I could only set our dining time, as I kept getting a message to say that the bookings were in different currencies, even though we weren't paying for the meal.

I was told by Celebrity UK that each agency deals with the reservations, which was why we couldn't book times for our Canadian friends, but to go to the MDR on the first afternoon. They had both reservations at same time, as we were linked!

Edited by upwarduk

Kevin,

You need to be 'linked' with reservation numbers.

I could link our reservations ( with a Canadian couple we were travelling with) but I could only set our dining time, as I kept getting a message to say that the bookings were in different currencies, even though we weren't paying for the meal.

I was told by Celebrity UK that each agency deals with the reservations, which was why we couldn't book times for our Canadian friends, but to go to the MDR on the first afternoon. They had both reservations at same time, as we were linked!

Many thanks.

We were on Celebrity the first time in July 13 travelling as a couple. We had prebooked select dining times but in the end needed more flexibility and rarely turned up for the reserved time. However we never waited for a table for two at all.

We are four on this next cruise and ideally we would prefer to wait and see how each day goes however my mum is disabled and couldnt stand around too long in line or waiting to be seated. What do you think the chances are of being seated quickly as a party of four on a table for four?

We cannot share unfortunately as mum cannot hear much when there is background noise so conversation amongst a shared table would be uncomfortable for her.

We are four on this next cruise and ideally we would prefer to wait and see how each day goes however my mum is disabled and couldnt stand around too long in line or waiting to be seated. What do you think the chances are of being seated quickly as a party of four on a table for four?

We cannot share unfortunately as mum cannot hear much when there is background noise so conversation amongst a shared table would be uncomfortable for her.

We (4 people) booked for 7.15 pm each evening and never waited, which I thought was unusual, as it was a very popular time, as the Elite Happy Hour finishes at 7pm.

We had a table in the same area of the dining room ( same Maître 'D) as I have a Lactose sensitivity, so pre ordered my meals for the following day.

Depending which ship you are on, you could request a quiet area in the dining room( away from the balcony area of Deck 5 on Eclipse, where the noise rises from MDR Deck 4)

Many thanks.

We were on Celebrity the first time in July 13 travelling as a couple. We had prebooked select dining times but in the end needed more flexibility and rarely turned up for the reserved time. However we never waited for a table for two at all.

There is no way to predict table availability in advance.

We like to do Select dining without reservations and most of the time we are seated right away when we show up, or after waiting only a few minutes.

Sometimes the line for those without reservations will be shorter than the line for those with reservations.

But occasionally there will be a longer wait.

We have encountered the situation of no line at all one night, and a long line at the very same time the next night.

Your mum would not need to wait in line at all. She can be seated in a nearby lounge and one of you can get her when your table is ready.

Or, if there is much of a wait, the staff at the entrance may suggest that you all be seated nearby and someone will come to get you when your table is ready.

She may even want to consider using a wheelchair, or a rolling walker with a folding seat, as many other passengers with disabilities do.

Found it and it works. Thanks for the guidance for illiterate computer users like me. Have to check with Mom which time she prefers.

Sue