Wow Sale

ihopfar

I see that RCCL is now running a WOW Sale with OBC.

Yes, I know these sales are not always much of a sale, but the price for our cruise is the same as we are currently paying plus the OBC (that we are not currently getting.)

Will RCCL add the OBC to my booking if I call? (They are closed today.) I know technically it says new bookings only, but I am wondering what folks experience has been in cases like these.

Thanks!

Brad

I see that RCCL is now running a WOW Sale with OBC.

Yes, I know these sales are not always much of a sale, but the price for our cruise is the same as we are currently paying plus the OBC (that we are not currently getting.)

Will RCCL add the OBC to my booking if I call? (They are closed today.) I know technically it says new bookings only, but I am wondering what folks experience has been in cases like these.

Thanks!

Brad

You would most likely need to cancel your current booking and rebook during the WOW sale. You would have to pay the current price.

You would most likely need to cancel your current booking and rebook during the WOW sale. You would have to pay the current price.

How can you tell if a cruise is covered by WOW sale, or are all North American cruises included in the sale?

How can you tell if a cruise is covered by WOW sale, or are all North American cruises included in the sale?

Here's the partial terms and conditions:

Onboard Credit ("OBC") Offer applies to cruises booked Jan 1 - Feb 28, 2014. Offer is valid on 6-night or longer Royal Caribbean International sailings departing Mar 1 - Dec 31, 2014, excluding Quantum of the Seas. European sailings are defined as sailings that depart and return to European ports. Offer is applicable to ocean view and above stateroom categories; OBC amount varies by category and based on stateroom category purchased. Promo Code: YOURWOW is required and must be presented at time of booking.

Here's the partial terms and conditions:

Onboard Credit ("OBC") Offer applies to cruises booked Jan 1 - Feb 28, 2014. Offer is valid on 6-night or longer Royal Caribbean International sailings departing Mar 1 - Dec 31, 2014, excluding Quantum of the Seas. European sailings are defined as sailings that depart and return to European ports. Offer is applicable to ocean view and above stateroom categories; OBC amount varies by category and based on stateroom category purchased. Promo Code: YOURWOW is required and must be presented at time of booking.

OK. I saw that, but when I went to web site, they only listed Eastern, Western, or Southern itineraries, so was not sure if only those were covered or if this was just a partial list. I was just wondering if there was some special designation that I was missing that would indicate if a specific cruise was included or not.

Just be careful if you go for this option as they have on occasion had a 'look back' rule to prevent people from canceling and rebooking. I guess RCI does not consider these true 'new bookings'

I'm not saying don't do it, just check if there is a look back first :)

I thought you can't cancel and rebook during the wow sale??????? Can anyone confirm?

Depends on the particular terms and conditions. I've seen it both ways. Look at the fine print on this offer.

Just got off of the phone with RC. It took over an hour of being on hold and then working with rep, but she cancelled, rebooked everything the same and got $150 onboard credit. She said it could take up to 6 weeks for onboard credit to show up. She said to call if I don't see a note on reservation by this time. I wrote down her name, etc. to be sure. Keeping fingers crossed that this worked. Good luck everyone!