A Couple Of Comments About Miami

Keith1010

First off my wife and I love Miami. It is a very vibrant city.

From time to time people ask how much is a Taxi between Bayside and South Beach.

If there is not much traffic figure around $20.00 before tip. If there is a fair amount of traffic assume around $25.00

As to where to stay. My wife and I literally walk miles and miles. There are so many hotels so you really need to do the research.

And whether you stay for one day, two days or a week you need to figure out what you like.

If you like the beach stay in South Beach or Miami Beach.

But in our case the beach is not important and we like a quieter area so while we spend close to a week in Miami (this time around one week) we prefer not to stay in Miami Beach or South Beach.

So the key to all of this when you ask for opinions is to state what you like and also to do a lot of research.

Keith

First off my wife and I love Miami. It is a very vibrant city.

From time to time people ask how much is a Taxi between Bayside and South Beach.

If there is not much traffic figure around $20.00 before tip. If there is a fair amount of traffic assume around $25.00

As to where to stay. My wife and I literally walk miles and miles. There are so many hotels so you really need to do the research.

And whether you stay for one day, two days or a week you need to figure out what you like.

If you like the beach stay in South Beach or Miami Beach.

But in our case the beach is not important and we like a quieter area so while we spend close to a week in Miami (this time around one week) we prefer not to stay in Miami Beach or South Beach.

So the key to all of this when you ask for opinions is to state what you like and also to do a lot of research.

Keith

We'll be in Miami in June with a few teenagers. All of us love walking also, although we will have a car. What do you think that active teens would enjoy in Miami, besides the beach? Thanks!

I would say they would probably enjoy the Miami Beach and South Beach area.

It is a youthful area and while we don't go to the beach either it is still fun to walk around the area.

In June it can be hot.

Happy New Year.

Keith

Thanks, Keith! I've never been to Miami before, so please forgive this potentially stupid question: Is South Beach simply the southern part of Miami Beach? I can't find it on my map :o

You are very welcome.

If you look at the Map of Miami look at the area off the water.

Then look at say 5th Street and Ocean Drive.

This might provide some information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Beach

Keith

You are very welcome.

If you look at the Map of Miami look at the area off the water.

Then look at say 5th Street and Ocean Drive.

This might provide some information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Beach

Keith

Thanks! So we would go there for restaurants, bars, architecture, people watching, and the beach? Anything else we shouldn't miss there?

Thanks! So we would go there for restaurants, bars, architecture, people watching, and the beach? Anything else we shouldn't miss there?

You are very welcome.

Yo could also go there for shopping, for theatre (Jackie Gleason Theatre and also a playhouse on Lincoln) and also for arts and a few museums.

Keith

You are very welcome.

Yo could also go there for shopping, for theatre (Jackie Gleason Theatre and also a playhouse on Lincoln) and also for arts and a few museums.

Keith

Thank you, Keith, you've been very helpful :)

You are very welcome.

Keith

Thank you, Keith, you've been very helpful :)

The boardwalk is also a good time if youl ike to walk you can see all the resorts and most of the beach. We also like Lincoln road better than southbeach for dinning and people watching.

Thanks for the tips!

We enjoy the boardwalk. There are many streets that intersect it so you can walk it and then go onto another street and then easily come back to it. There are people out there but it is never too crowded. It's a nice way to spend part of the day.

Keith

Hi Keith,

I asked you this on another posting. You probably did not see it, so I am reasking. :)

Which accomodations between the below would you choose, and why? There are 4 adults (3 women and 1 man) and one 13 year old. We are looking for a place for four nights precruise with a kitchen and pool.

The Mark on Brickell

Doubletree Grand

Viceroy Miami

Fontainblea II

Thanks Keith!

I always read this and hope that people aren't confused or thinking incorrectly; however Miami and Miami Beach are two separate cities, separated by Biscayne Bay and the Intracoastal Waterway. They are maybe 3-4 miles average apart. South Beach is in the southern end of Miami Beach. In fact when your ship leaves the port of Miami the last site you'll see are the apartments in the South Beach area of Miami Beach before you're in the ocean.

The port of Miami is at the eastern edge of Miami. Miami stretches from the port some 10 miles or so to the west. The airport (MIA) is about 20 minutes from Miami Beach. On Friday and Saturday night traffic going over the causeway from Miami to Miami Beach is terrible, so factor in some extra time. And parking is terrible also.

SAS

Edited by cruiseri

cruiseri -- thank you for your distinction about Miami and South Beach. I realized the difference betweern the two, but did not realize that traffic would be so bad. I had also heard about parking being high priced and scarce. We want to come into Miami and also go to the beach, so deciding on a hotel is a big thing.

Thanks again!

Hi Keith,

I asked you this on another posting. You probably did not see it, so I am reasking. :)

Which accomodations between the below would you choose, and why? There are 4 adults (3 women and 1 man) and one 13 year old. We are looking for a place for four nights precruise with a kitchen and pool.

The Mark on Brickell

Doubletree Grand

Viceroy Miami

Fontainblea II

Thanks Keith!

I just wanted to thank you very much! I know you were asking a question but I took your information from the hotels you listed and did a search for myself since I have 4 people in my party but needed at least 3 beds. I ended up booking a 2 bedroom at Doubletree Grand for one night pre cruise for March for an excellent price, IMO, for under $400.

THANK YOU.