Oh my gosh-my ship pin~!!!!

mitsugirly

Me and some of the other roll call members were discussing the ship pins during the cruise and have even discussed it after the cruise (they have 1 of a ship I don't have yet that I have been on and I was going to check for 1 extra one that they might need)......

AND I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT IT.....I DIDN'T RECEIVE MY SHIP PIN FROM OUR JEWEL CRUISE we just took 2 weeks ago. What the heck??? We had the worse room steward, but geesh, no ship pin?

Anyone know if I can email or call NCL to get my pin? What can be done? I want my pin :tear: Anyone had this problem before and was able to get one?

I dont have any info on if theyll send you one or not, but if you would like, I will be on the Jewel sunday and I can try and get you one. Cant promise theyll give me an extra but I would be happy to ask while Im on board. I love my pins too so I know Id be mad if I didnt get mine.

In my experience, when asked the Cruise Consultants have been quite generous with the pins (we have had to ask for them on several cruises) so I would assume that one extra pin wouldn't be a problem. Anyway it's a LOT easier to have somebody bring one than trying to get the HQ to comply with the request. :)

Me and some of the other roll call members were discussing the ship pins during the cruise and have even discussed it after the cruise (they have 1 of a ship I don't have yet that I have been on and I was going to check for 1 extra one that they might need)......

AND I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT IT.....I DIDN'T RECEIVE MY SHIP PIN FROM OUR JEWEL CRUISE we just took 2 weeks ago. What the heck??? We had the worse room steward, but geesh, no ship pin?

Anyone know if I can email or call NCL to get my pin? What can be done? I want my pin :tear: Anyone had this problem before and was able to get one?

I am sailing on The Sun in 3 weeks (my first NCL cruise) and please excuse my ignorance but what is a "ship pin"?

Thank you..Kim

I've been on 2 NCL cruises and have never gotten a "ship pin", is this something new or have I been deprived ;) :D

The program was revamped around early 2012, pins are a perk in the new program and were not available before that. So you're fine, this is a change that has done since your last cruise. :)

I've been on 2 NCL cruises and have never gotten a "ship pin", is this something new or have I been deprived ;) :D

The program for the ship pins started January 2013. So any cruise after that you will receive a pin in your room. If you do not see it, then just ask your room steward

We NEVER got ship pins on our Feb 2013 cruise either. I did not bother to ask. We are gold members and never got them anytime before either. But I am sure if you contact NCL they will surely mail you the ship pin. If that does not work, there is always Ebay ;)

Edited by david_sobe

The program was revamped around early 2012, pins are a perk in the new program and were not available before that. So you're fine, this is a change that has done since your last cruise. :)

Oh good, I don't have to pout now :D Or, teehee start on thread on how NCL doesn't love me ;)

Thanks for the info Demonyte and deladypilot for bringing me up to date.

Edited by che5904

I got my first ship pin in 2008 on The Spirit on my very first cruise ever. Two weeks from today I will be boarding The Getaway for my 19th cruise on Her Transatlantic crossing from Southampton, United Kingdom to New York City.

We NEVER got ship pins on our Feb 2013 cruise either. I did not bother to ask. We are gold members and never got them anytime before either. But I am sure if you contact NCL they will surely mail you the ship pin. If that does not work, there is always Ebay ;)

You mean I could actually SELL mine on EBay?!;)

Seriously, what do people actually DO with these pins? Give me some ideas please! They are currently cluttering up my jewelry box. I suggested my DH put his on a "cruise" hat, and that was quickly shot down. Not sure why people are so crazy to get them.

I've just checked eBay and while they do have some very nice pins for sale, the prices........sheeeesh....not sure you'd want to pay the prices.

We didn't get an Epic pin either but it's ok, have the Pearl and will get the Jewel and Star eventually. The Epic, well, don't think I'll bother paying the $20 odd just to have it. They do have some nice original or what look like antique pins though.

Seriously, what do people actually DO with these pins? Give me some ideas please! They are currently cluttering up my jewelry box. I suggested my DH put his on a "cruise" hat, and that was quickly shot down. Not sure why people are so crazy to get them.

Free souvenir with the ship name on it?

If I had a collection, I would probably make a shadow box with them in to hang on my wall. If you are not that kind of a souvenir collector, you could also just toss them or offer on here to send them to people who have been on the ships you have for the cost of the shipping for those who didn't get them before now.

I didn't see one in our cabin last cruise. I don't care...have too many hats, t-shirts, and pins now. But my wife likes them. I just swung by the cruise consultants desk, asked for one, and he gave me a small hand full of them. If you're a latitudes person, don't have one, just ask the CC.

Absolutely. We didn't get them on the Jewel. Phoned our CC when we got home and she sent them to us no problem. She also suggested just asking the onboard CC if it ever happened again. Sure enough, a couple of cruises later, we didn't get them on the Sun. Went to the CC's desk and picked them up immediately, no issues at all.

When we returned from our CTN on the Dream I wrote to NCL and said that we didn't receive our pins. They promptly arrived in the mail. Of course I misunderstood the Latitudes terms and we shouldh't have received a pin for the Dream but they did send them to us anyway. So I would suggest that you write to NCL Corporate and ask for your pins:) or give your PCC a call.

I like to wear all of my ship pins to our Meet and Greet and the Latitudes parties. They are a great conversation starter.

You might be surprised how many people collect the ship pins and all things NCL.

Edited by OceanDreaming2

I like to wear all of my ship pins to our Meet and Greet and the Latitudes parties. They are a great conversation starter.

Great idea! I could attach them to the necklace part of a cloth lanyard and that can be their home when I'm not cruising! Do they sell Norwegian lanyards in the gift shops? I usually don't wear a lanyard all day, but for a Meet and Greet or Latitudes gathering would be doable. Of course now I'll have to get missing pins for Dawn and Pearl.

Some will wear them as unmatched earrings, that's the trend now is unmatched stuff

I will add something I haven't seen mentioned here yet.

The new pins are oval instead of square and they have the hull art of the ship they represent. Very attractive and are worth keeping !!

:cool: They sound very nice. But in all honesty since I don't like any of the hull art on the new builds, not sure if that would be a selling factor to me if I went on one teeheehee.