Hawaii Hotel in Miami?

Cookson

I would advise you raise your budget...and standards of where you want to rest your head. A hotel in Miami Beach for $100? :eek: When something is that price, you are in a......

For sure check out the reviews on tripadvisor.com. While you are on that site, I'd hunt for some moderate priced hotels that get at least average ratings.

Are you looking for one night and when??

Edited by eandj

It's for one night before the cruise and one night after the cruise. It's said that the area is actually quiet.. and it's right on the beach. It seems most of the negatives are directly related to the hotel... which for a few nights, we could probably deal with. I guess it's all about standards.

Can you guys point us to something decent enough that's on the beach? That's really the only reason we were thinking of this one... if there's nothing else we would just pick a Days Inn by the airport that offers shuttle service to the port.

The area where the hotel is located is actually in the North Beach neighborhood of Miami Beach. The area is alright, nothing special, although it is on the beach, and there are a number of restaurants within walking distance, but North Beach is just "meh". If you do not have a car, you can take the public bus to South Beach where it is more lively.

Edited by brunello22

I really can't think of a single reason to stay there. Did you see the photos? Kind of revolting.

eh.. I saw nothing wrong with the photos......

We went ahead and booked a 1 night stay before the cruise. May or may not book it for our 1 night after the cruise. I need help with something though.. on the receipt page it says you must check in at a nearby location. Where is this exactly? Hopefully right next to the hotel. It says to call before check in for this information, but I thought I would ask you guys if you knew where it was before I called them.

eh.. I saw nothing wrong with the photos......

We went ahead and booked a 1 night stay before the cruise. May or may not book it for our 1 night after the cruise. I need help with something though.. on the receipt page it says you must check in at a nearby location. Where is this exactly? Hopefully right next to the hotel. It says to call before check in for this information, but I thought I would ask you guys if you knew where it was before I called them.

Just sounds too fishy to me. Any reputable hotel will have you check-in on site. I would rather spend more money just to have peace of mind. Take advice from the locals ... we are advising you to not book this place.

Just sounds too fishy to me. Any reputable hotel will have you check-in on site. I would rather spend more money just to have peace of mind. Take advice from the locals ... we are advising you to not book this place.

Why does it seem fishy to you though? It's on ALL of the main hotel websites. It sounds like to me that you get a key or whatever to the building at a office that I'm assuming is right next to it....

For the day before the cruise we did book the Hawaii Hotel in Miami Beach... so we gotta live with it regardless now. I think its location is what got us to book this one more then the actual hotel accomidations... we don't like to "party" so booking in a quiet area with the beach right there will be nice for us. We'll see how the room is... I'll post pictures etc. of the room. We just gotta figure out where we check in now lol... hopefully it is indeed very close to the actual hotel.

For the night after the cruise we booked a cheap little Motel 6 next to the airport. We stayed at the Days Inn on the same street a few years ago and had no issues. We had a coupon code for the Motel 6 so decided to use it on this location for a night. Honestly, if I would have noticed I had a coupon(can use it more than once) I would have booked it for our night before the cruise as well. We can't cancel the Hawaii Hotel without getting a penalty.... so we'll just deal with it.

Well, after reading the reviews for this hotel on TA as well as the mainstream sites like Expedia, if you booked that hotel, you KNOW what you booked. And you don't heed the warnings it's on you. :eek:

And because you booked the airport's Motel 6, you are obviously looking for just the cheapest places you can stay.

That's ok if you you understand that in the world of hotel rates, the cheapest large city or airport hotels will be the scariest. :o

Good luck. You might want to buy a bed bug/roach kit to check out the beds before laying down.

OP, please don't feel like we're flaming you. But with all the advice against these extremely cheap accommodations, you know it's probably not the cleanest nor the safest of places.

Some of these places rent by the hour, if you know what I mean.

For future reference - you can get clean, better hotels than these for low rates using Hotwire, Priceline or Lastminutetravel.

Well, after reading the reviews for this hotel on TA as well as the mainstream sites like Expedia, if you booked that hotel, you KNOW what you booked. And you don't heed the warnings it's on you. :eek:

And because you booked the airport's Motel 6, you are obviously looking for just the cheapest places you can stay.

That's ok if you you understand that in the world of hotel rates, the cheapest large city or airport hotels will be the scariest. :o

Good luck. You might want to buy a bed bug/roach kit to check out the beds before laying down.

well like I said, I stayed at the days inn right on the same street with no issues. I've never had bed bug issues of the sort ever in my travels. I always say that most people never go out of the way to post positive reviews. Not saying they'll be the best hotels... But just saying I've stayed in the area before with no major issues.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is curious, I called them today(lady was very nice) and check in for the Hawaii hotel is at the Ocean Surf hotel right next door. I'm very anxious to see the conditions of the hotel when we check in on the 2nd... I'm betting its not as bad as people have said. Shall see

• 2 weeks later...

At the hotel now. So, first I want to say that the Ocean Terrace area we are in is awesome. The beach is right across the street. We've already enjoyed the beach and the surrounding area.. Such a beautiful area. Now the Hawaii Hotel.... Its not very nice, but for the price and the location its doable for one night. Its not really clean, so I can't defend it on that aspect. I'd give it a 2 out of 5, only because of the location. Will stay in one of nicer hotels in the same area next time.

Eh.... We had not slept in the hotel before my above comment. Just avoid this hotel at all cost. We managed because of the location... But this hotel sucks. The company owned 3 buildings to the right of the Hawaii Hotel that were obviously hotels before but are now vacated. Its a shame, because the area is wonderful. Hopefully the buildings will be renovated and cleaned up because there's a lot if potential. The Hawaii Hotel(and I'm sure the Ocean Surf hotel too) needs to be completely redone... There's a lot of mold in the bathroom.. And its just dirty. Hopefully the company that owns these hotels completely fix up there buildings in this area.... So so much potential here.

Will be staying at the neighboring Days Inn next time we stay in Miami.

Eh.... We had not slept in the hotel before my above comment. Just avoid this hotel at all cost. We managed because of the location... But this hotel sucks. The company owned 3 buildings to the right of the Hawaii Hotel that were obviously hotels before but are now vacated. Its a shame, because the area is wonderful. Hopefully the buildings will be renovated and cleaned up because there's a lot if potential. The Hawaii Hotel(and I'm sure the Ocean Surf hotel too) needs to be completely redone... There's a lot of mold in the bathroom.. And its just dirty. Hopefully the company that owns these hotels completely fix up there buildings in this area.... So so much potential here.

Will be staying at the neighboring Days Inn next time we stay in Miami.

This is pretty much what we all said to you. I'm sure the buildings are tear downs and will be uber expensive luxury condos within five years.