Can Cruises be paid in cash?

Do you need a credit card on board or can you just use cash. Asking for a friend

If you are not using a credit card, you will be expected to put down a set amount in cash up front. I don't know how much, but if you contact the cruise line, you can find out.

Alternately, put down the credit card when you board, then pay the bill in cash when you leave.

Do you need a credit card on board or can you just use cash. Asking for a friend

Everything on board is charged on your SeaPass (onboard) account. However, you can choose a cash type onboard account, and pay with cash at the end of the cruise. Once you run up about $500 in charges, they will ask you to pay down the bill before you can charge again.

Cash is not very convenient or secure, but they will accept it anyway.

It may be for some (not for us to decide)...

The OP's answer is yes, they will have no problem paying with cash and the cruiseline could care less...regardless of how the onboard account is set up...

OP just remember to always get a receipt in the form of an updated statement before leaving the Guest Service desk.

If you are not using a credit card, you will be expected to put down a set amount in cash up front. I don't know how much, but if you contact the cruise line, you can find

Not on RCI.

Edited by ryano

Not on RCI.

However when your onboard expenses reach $500.00 your charging abilities will be suspended until you put down money or a credit card onto your account....RCI used to require $400.00 cash deposited ..apparently that has changed according to you.

However when your onboard expenses reach $500.00 your charging abilities will be suspended until you put down money or a credit card onto your account.....

That was already stated by clarea in the thread so I felt no need to post it again :)

Its not just according to me. Many people here report being able to charge up to the 500.00 without giving any money. I just happen to know it from my last experience.

The bottom line is, RCI does NOT require a cash deposit "up front" on cash accounts :)

Edited by ryano

Everything on board is charged on your SeaPass (onboard) account. However, you can choose a cash type onboard account, and pay with cash at the end of the cruise. Once you run up about $500 in charges, they will ask you to pay down the bill before you can charge again.

When you check in and get your seapass card, can you put cash on it for the week? We want to put 500.00 on our seapass card.

thanks

I find that using cash instead of posting to my cc much simpler for the fact that I tend to watch my spending for the duration much closer. I tend not to make impulse purchases, and I never end up with a double cc charge when I get home. Just my choice and each person is different but there is no wrong way to do it.

The only thing I would be very careful of is to not use a debit unless no other option because they will hold more than the charge and you could find yourself without access to your money for the duration of the vacation (or longer depending on the policy)

Cash is no problem. Its all we use on board because we do not want to come home to a bill. When you get on the ship head to the purser's desk and put down whatever cash you feel you'll need. If you start running close to using it all up, they'll send you a friendly reminder. If at the end of the cruise you have cash left on your account, go back to the purser's desk and close your account out on the last night. They'll give you cash and you're all set.

I always pay for my cruise with a debit card and as soon as I board I deposit money into my account . I check my account daily normally on the tv in my room and on the last night before I go to bed normally midnight I "cash out" . it is not that I do not have a credit card I just do not want that exposure to an account I only check once a month fyi never more than a five minute wait for making the deposit or cashing out good luck and happy cruising