Why does Princess Want me to cruise NCL?

negc

Princess Cruises just sent me a Princess Cruise Atlas and prominently displayed on the envelope is the legend: "You are due for a Getaway". Didn't anyone tell them that the name of NCL's newest ship is "Getaway?? :confused: LOL

Getaway -- "A short vacation or holiday, a leave of absence, or a trip for recreation." Didn't see anything in the dictionary about NCL. :)

You could drive yourself nuts avoiding ship names. Where would we be without "sunshine", "imagination", or even "seas"?

Princess Cruises just sent me a Princess Cruise Atlas and prominently displayed on the envelope is the legend: "You are due for a Getaway". Didn't anyone tell them that the name of NCL's newest ship is "Getaway?? :confused: LOL

Well. If you want to look at it that way.....PCL just launched its newest ship named after another cruise line altogether. :eek:

Getaway -- "A short vacation or holiday, a leave of absence, or a trip for recreation." Didn't see anything in the dictionary about NCL. :)

You could drive yourself nuts avoiding ship names. Where would we be without "sunshine", "imagination", or even "seas"?

I suppose it could have been worse. They could have said I deserve an Epic vacation or that a week at an Oasis might offer some Allure. Some lines seem to do a better job of avoiding duplicating other lines when they name their ships, while others seem to have much more limited imaginations. And some names just naturally lend themselves to being played on. I can't wait to read the first thread on the NCL boards that starts out:"After a week sailing with NCL I couldn't wait to "Get Away" from it." :D

Edited by negc

. . . . . . . . I can't wait to read the first thread on the NCL boards that starts out:"After a week sailing with NCL I couldn't wait to "Get Away" from it." :D

Haha -- just spewed coffee over my keyboard!